Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

Kasey McAteer

I think this could be a PSR deal, we sell McAteer for somewhere between £5-10m which is pure profit for us and  Newcastle end up with £1-2m amortisation on their books and we then pay £10m £15m for Longstaff which is pure profit for them and we get to amortise at £2-3m per season. Job done. 

in addition highly likely McAteer ends up with a couple of championship loans before being sold. 

I’d take anything £6m+ for him if we were offered it.

I like him, he seems a good lad and is Leicester, but I just can’t see him having the quality to cut it in the prem.

However, if no offers are forthcoming, there are worse fringe players to have.

7 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

A good season on loan somewhere and we could have a decent player on our hands.

And after this season out on loan we have a player out of contract:dunno:

Unlikely to get much pitch time other than cups so better off giving him a new contract and arrange a decent Championship loan. If he kicks on then we could have another KDH type PSR saver in a couple of years.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I think the criticism of him is a bit unfair. 

He started last season very well and never really got back into the swing of it after his injury. 

I'd like to see him stay considering it was only his first season, or if he is to go, make it a decent loan move.

He scored some early well taken goals but his overall contribution is quite poor. Goes missing (not on purpose, he is a trier) and adds very little. Nice lad but sadly just not up to it in the Premiership and arguably the Championship too. 

21 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He scored some early well taken goals but his overall contribution is quite poor. Goes missing (not on purpose, he is a trier) and adds very little. Nice lad but sadly just not up to it in the Premiership and arguably the Championship too. 

Not saying he will turn out to be anywhere near as good, but he scored more goals than Vardy did in his first season. 

He's only a year older than KDH was before he went out to Luton. 

At the time I remember distinctly saying I thought we were ****ing around a bit with Dewsbury Hall, that if he wasn't getting anywhere near the first time by then we should do the right thing and start considering letting him go permanently and that we were hoarding players that had no pathway to the first team and should just cash in for whatever his current value was. 

Whilst, in fairness, we'd just finished 5th and Maddison, Tielemans and Ndidi were at their peak as one of the best and most settled midfields in the country, it was still one of my worst calls ever on here. 

There's flashes of something with McAteer. He could end up being nothing more than a League One utility player that once had a purple patch in a side far too good for the league it was in. But could also grow in to a very efficient, late blooming finisher with an impeccable work rate and aggression and we've one of THOSE turn out really well before. 

Just loan him out. Find him a Championship club that will play him all season that aren't awful and don't just park the bus 24/7 and let's see where he's at. His value could grow noticeably, we've not got a lot to lose. He's hardly likely to go for a major fee now. 

• Like 3