Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

Kasey McAteer

On 13/07/2024 at 12:49, dooflip said:

Quite like Kasey, but he isn’t prem standard right now. If a decent bid comes in of 15m+ I would take it as it helps us in the short term. Especially if Soule is coming in as we then have mavididi and Bobby on the left and Fatawu and soule on the right with wanya too. It would then soften the blow of the soule fee and allow us to strengthen elsewhere. Let’s be clear, we still need a striker, a central midfielder and a full back to have a complete squad. Obviously there are variables here - we have winks, ndidi and choudhury so the double pivot is covered. We also still have Soumare on the books, whether he would be used in the double pivot or more advanced remains to be seen. We are not too far away from where we need to be squad wise.

15m? Not a chance.

The days of those sort of fee's are long gone. He's not proven at prem level and no one outside the prem is spending that money. 5m max as it stands atm. A good season in the prem and yes.

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

15m? Not a chance.

The days of those sort of fee's are long gone. He's not proven at prem level and no one outside the prem is spending that money. 5m max as it stands atm. A good season in the prem and yes.

I think we could just about get away with justifying £15m for him on a psr swap deal.  Of course we’d then have a player here who is also unlikely to make it but our psr position would be greatly enhanced!

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

15m? Not a chance.

Omari Kellyman went to Chelsea in a deal worth £19m.. I know it was a PSR transfer but McAteer is more proven.

He’s worth about £5m absolute tops. If we could get that value from say Newcastle, and give them an additional £3m on top in exchange for Mat Targett (experienced prem LB cover we need), I think everyone does well from that.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

He’s worth about £5m absolute tops. If we could get that value from say Newcastle, and give them an additional £3m on top in exchange for Mat Targett (experienced prem LB cover we need), I think everyone does well from that.

Yeah but it makes more sense for everyone if they give us £15m for Kasey and we give them £18m for Targett.... Essentially the same thing but keeps FFP at bay. 

• Like 2

Doesn't have standout abilities to play in this league. Would suspect he'll stay and make some cup appearances and then see where we are next season. Could be a decent option if we go down, if we stay up probably part ways. 

But saying that KDH's development was late so there's a small chance he could be similar. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Kasey plus money for Targett? No thanks. Rather keep Kasey and the money.

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Behave. 

To be fair, clubs are lazy. If there was a kid from any of the top clubs who scored 7 goals in about 25 games on loan last season they'd chuff up £10-15m without much due diligence.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair, clubs are lazy. If there was a kid from any of the top clubs who scored 7 goals in about 25 games on loan last season they'd chuff up £10-15m without much due diligence.

I can see us maybe, maybe, managing 10 out of Kasey if he was a couple years younger. The problem is that he isn't particularly a kid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Nah. He’s not a prem player imo. We need another LB too

Targett is not the standard though mate.

Rather us go for a young lad as a back up LB.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I think we could just about get away with justifying £15m for him on a psr swap deal.  Of course we’d then have a player here who is also unlikely to make it but our psr position would be greatly enhanced!

3 hours ago, slymunn said:

Omari Kellyman went to Chelsea in a deal worth £19m.. I know it was a PSR transfer but McAteer is more proven.

My point was about a straight transfer. Not cooking the PSR books.

• Like 1

Any idea if they mean loan or permanent? 

Wouldn't break my heart if we sold him permanently but if the best he can currently do is Cardiff, it's probably worth loaning him to them for a year to see how it impacts their value. Worth the gamble. 

I doubt they're going to pay so much that we can't possibly turn it down on the off chance his worth pretty much doubles if he can bag 20 odd goal contributions playing every game for a half decent side. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wouldn't break my heart if we sold him permanently but if the best he can currently do is Cardiff, it's probably worth loaning him to them for a year to see how it impacts their value. Worth the gamble. 

I doubt they're going to pay so much that we can't possibly turn it down on the off chance his worth pretty much doubles if he can bag 20 odd goal contributions playing every game for a half decent side. 

I agree. Not convinced he is or ever will be PL quality so would sell but he's a good lad who loves the club, works hard and is worth more than what Birmingham would be able to afford. Loan him out to a level that he would thrive in and see where it all sits next season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Strange we’d loan him out after doing such a feature interview on the site saying how wants to try cement a place this season. 

I think you'd have to be very optimistic to think he's ready for the Premier League, personally. 

It's good that he's driven and ambitious but he probably needs a lot more first team football. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He would have to sign a new contract to make it worth loaning him out next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I think you'd have to be very optimistic to think he's ready for the Premier League, personally. 

It's good that he's driven and ambitious but he probably needs a lot more first team football. 

Ye I agree, only reason to keep him is he can play wing back, central midfield, outwide and as a 10. Very versatile and cheap to have around the squad.