Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

Kasey McAteer

22 minutes ago, slymunn said:

He would have to sign a new contract to make it worth loaning him out next season.

Exactly loaning him out with 12 months left on his contract would not seem a bright move for the Club.

I still don’t know what his best position in but the prem is a step too far imo.  

Very hard to tell if his talent was showing itself or if he was riding on the coattails of what Maresca was building. 

But deep down, I get the feeling that both Marcal and mcateer were benefiting from Maresca and wouldn’t have stood out if we’d been a struggling side.  They could both do with a championship loan for us to find out. 

The one thing that Mcateer has, that can’t be taught,  is a natural finishing ability. Because of that I’d expect him to carve out a decent career for himself in the efl at least. Reminded me of a young Andy King with some of those late arrivals to box and composed finishes. The liverpool one was a thing of beauty. But the flip side, I think he was given more space early on as players focused stopping other players we had 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

Keep him for squad depth and as buffer if we go down. The lad clearly loves being at City and has some potential, I’d keep. Not going to get much better for the price and we still have a thin squad in the attacking positions and he can cover a few. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Very likeable player, but can't help feel that the Championship is his limit. 

Hope he proves me wrong, but I'd take the cash now if enough is on offer. 

Maybe... but we could very well be IN the championship next year. If we loan him out to a team already there, has a good season with lots of gametime... he could be a good asset to have if we DO go down. 

• Like 1

Too many happy to write him off too early for a couple of million, as often happens with young players. Enzo saw something in him and had a great start before injury. I think he deserves more time as has looked good more often than not and has excellent traits like speed and strength.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Loaning him serves of no purpose .. needs to be in squad if not being sold cannot afford to loan anyone squad too bare 

Certainly don’t think we can afford to loan anyone that can score a few goals.

35 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Loaning him serves of no purpose .. needs to be in squad if not being sold cannot afford to loan anyone squad too bare 

The squad isn't too bare to loan out a player like McAteer.

• Like 1

On 22/07/2024 at 14:28, Foxes with Sprit said:

This kid is really good.  Would be sad to see him go.

Yep. I get the feeling 80% of posters here really don't rate him. 20% (or maybe less) see a lot of potential there, and he can be a good PL player. Time will tell no doubt.