Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

Kasey McAteer

On 24/07/2024 at 08:16, em9999 said:

Loaning him serves of no purpose .. needs to be in squad if not being sold cannot afford to loan anyone squad too bare 

We used 21 players in the match vs Shrewsbury, with 6 or 7 first teamers not involved. That's before any more new signings come in. 

I wouldn't really say we have a bare squad, if anything we could do with cutting it down by a few.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

I think he's just about good enough to hang on to as a squad player.

If he wasn't 'one of our own' I think I'd be far less bothered about keeping him, though..

He hasn’t got great footballing instinct when involved in the build up.  Holds on to the ball too often and makes poor choices. 

He’s much better in front of goal on the receiving end of the final ball.  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

He hasn’t got great footballing instinct when involved in the build up.  Holds on to the ball too often and makes poor choices. 

Sounds like Barnes (not as good)

20 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

His finishing, movement and work rate aren’t bad in all honesty. He’s got some good attributes which I’d like to think he’s coach able to push onto the next level. 

• Like 4

He's obviously a rough diamond. Even those who don't back him on here should be able to accept that he's not a finished product and needs time to work on his weaknesses. 

I think he unless cooper expects that he makes 30+ appearances this season we should be trying to get him on loan in the championship.

Unfortunately we may not have the cover to allow him to go.

• Like 1

I thought he showed a good touch and ability to turn on the ball and get forward on Tuesday. It was a good run and lovely little finish from him as well.

I get the feeling he's one of those players who people will continually underestimate but will quietly keep making the step up in quality.

He never looks standout but he does a lot of basics pretty well. I think he could be a decent squad player this season if he can stay fit.

If the manager can't guarantee him time though, he needs a loan. I think he'll come on leaps and bounds with a full season under his belt.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

I thought he showed a good touch and ability to turn on the ball and get forward on Tuesday. It was a good run and lovely little finish from him as well.

I get the feeling he's one of those players who people will continually underestimate but will quietly keep making the step up in quality.

He never looks standout but he does a lot of basics pretty well. I think he could be a decent squad player this season if he can stay fit.

If the manager can't guarantee him time though, he needs a loan. I think he'll come on leaps and bounds with a full season under his belt.

He has one year left on his contract so how will a loan help us??

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

We need to sign him to a new Contract before he has a great seaon and we have to offer him twice as much. He isn't going anywhere, Cooper like him also.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Essentially just offer him a new contract and then send him out on loan. He's shown he has promise. If he's not going to sign then we don't have much choice than to try and sell him I guess.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sly said:

His finishing, movement and work rate aren’t bad in all honesty. He’s got some good attributes which I’d like to think he’s coach able to push onto the next level. 

He’s shown a lot of promise at the end of an attack but when involved in the build up his tends to stink it out more often. The stand out in the game on Tuesday was when Ricardo played a 1-2 and bombed into space with no one in front, his instinct was to stop the ball, turn inwards to the crowded midfield then turn back and pass it Ricardo. When he runs with the ball his head is down and runs into trouble.

If he extends his contract then he needs to go on loan.  We won’t get as many clear chances this season, I don’t think we can waste it hoping he comes good. 

Not that dissimilar to KDH at 22. If he's got the potential to be as good as KDH at 25 (which I think there's a good chance that he could be), then he's more than worth keeping a hold of. 

At the least he becomes another Choudhury and is useful squad player or sold at a profit. 

If he was to get a Championship loan next season, I could see him getting 10+ G/As if he starts most games in a side in the top half of the table.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ts_1010 said:

Unfortunately we may not have the cover to allow him to go.

Yet

It was quite telling when Cooper mentioned his goal the other day that also mentioned "some not so good things" and wrong decisions on the ball. Managers don't usually mention that if it's not an issue. He knows full well you don't get away with poor decisions at the top level. If we've got players in mind for KMs positions he'll let him go.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

Yet

It was quite telling when Cooper mentioned his goal the other day that also mentioned "some not so good things" and wrong decisions on the ball. Managers don't usually mention that if it's not an issue. He knows full well you don't get away with poor decisions at the top level. If we've got players in mind for KMs positions he'll let him go.

That's hopefully so. We are reliant on those players coming in. I'd be happier if he was out on loan at a team that could challenge him to improve those problem areas in his game. 

Cooper's also renowned for getting the best out of young players. He may be thinking that the boy needs games. Hopefully, if he gets out on loan and bags a few he can be worth 3 X as much at the end of the season. 

I think he’s a good lad with a good attitude.  The main issues are he isn’t particularly strong, isn’t particularly quick, not very skilful, hasn’t got an amazing range of passing, can’t really cross and only has a year left on his contract.

If we get an offer of anything around £2m, we’d be very silly indeed not to take it.

Really good lad though.  Like him a lot.

Edited by Realist Guy In The Room
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I think he’s a good lad with a good attitude.  The main issues are he isn’t particularly strong, isn’t particularly quick, not very skilful, hasn’t got an amazing range of passing, can’t really cross and only has a year left on his contract.

If we get an offer of anything around £2m, we’d be very silly indeed not to take it.

I think he's pretty pacy to be fair. Agree with the rest, though. 

• Like 1

On 26/07/2024 at 15:10, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Other than that though he’s brilliant