Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Pitch invasions!

All the big events that may warrant one have came without us playing.

if winning 5-0 vs saints confirmed the title for us on that evening we’d have one.

if we played Everton in 2016 and winning 3-1 secures the league we have one.

dont know why it bothers so many that we haven’t had one after a 0-2 home defeat to Blackburn when we were promoted a week prior and won the title 6 days earlier. The euphoria had set in.

• Like 4

Just now, SystonFox said:

Also ; why do fans never pitch invade Wembley? 

Oxford today at Wembley would’ve been class.

Sheff weds last min extra time winner last year would’ve suited it fine

Probably because they have those wired barriers at the front.

4 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I think all fans get waned about all of this as well.

We’ve been a bit unlucky in that it’s never really fell for us to do it in the last few decades. Only one I remember in my 30-odd years of following Leicester was after the last game at Filbert Street.

1 hour ago, Phube said:

I also think all of our biggest moments that have warranted a pitch invasion have come with us not playing (Champ ‘14, Prem ‘16 and Champ ‘24) or playing at Wembley. 

There was one in 2014?

• Like 2

Sad how many in here are against people expressing joy. Can't beat seeing people going loopy and celebrating with their team's players.

That said, there genuinely hasn't been a home game in recent years that would have warranted one at our place.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Notts forest have got stickers on there seats warning against persistent standing. 

The World Famous Sitty Ground

10 hours ago, iancognito said:

There was only one at Saints because they weren't expecting anyone to run onto the pitch just for winning a play-off semi. Like they said afterwards, it's not like theyve been away for 22 years or haven't been promoted before. No chance with somewhere like Leeds with hundreds of stewards circling the pitch.

Explain to me why you'd want to run on to the pitch. Jump round in the stands, scream "FXXXXXG YEEEESSSSS!" and go home like a normal person.

Anyone for pitch invasions probably has Football Factory as a top 3 film and uses the word "limbs" a lot

Okay my first post was very facetious.

I always just enjoy seeing footage (old and new) of people celebrating and spilling onto the pitch. Obv it’s much better when there’s an actual reason to pitch invade (promotion, avoiding relegation, winning something). It’s just part of the joy/emotion/atmosphere of football.

The fact we don’t do it anymore, and the way our club acts towards it, just kind of reinforces the idea that we are corporate customers rather than actual fans. We have our celebrations dictated to us by the club, through their tinpot music and annoying pitch displays, rather than doing it ourselves.

I get your points, and there are a lot of clubs that do pointless pitch invasions with annoying lads running around filming themselves, but in the right circumstances pitch invasions are great. I just find that people who are against them are just anti atmosphere in general (i’l try not to dip back into stereotypes 😂).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Sad how many in here are against people expressing joy. Can't beat seeing people going loopy and celebrating with their team's players.

That said, there genuinely hasn't been a home game in recent years that would have warranted one at our place.

Do you really think that if the players saw hordes of fans charging towards them, they would stand and wait to be shouldered high or physically mobbed? It just needs one over enthusiastic fan to knock a player over and cause him injury, to spoil it all. Pitch invaders are not the only ones who want to see the team celebrating. If it makes the players charge off down the tunnel then what’s the point, except indulging those who, let’s face it, are probably more interested in their social media pics.they’re waiting to post. Saying it’s anti atmosphere into to want it is too ridiculous for words.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Do you really think that if the players saw hordes of fans charging towards them, they would stand and wait to be shouldered high or physically mobbed? It just needs one over enthusiastic fan to knock a player over and cause him injury, to spoil it all. Pitch invaders are not the only ones who want to see the team celebrating. If it makes the players charge off down the tunnel then what’s the point, except indulging those who, let’s face it, are probably more interested in their social media pics.they’re waiting to post. Saying it’s anti atmosphere into to want it is too ridiculous for words.

Plenty of players seem to enjoy being involved?

Never said anyone against them was anti atmosphere. Try again.

40 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

To be fair the one against Huddersfield was pretty fun. I thought there may have been a chance at Preston too with the atmosphere. But generally not many teams pitch invade away. 

Preston , brought out the police .

2014 king power was last at home pitch invasion.

IMG_1410.jpeg

Same announcements were made in the Southampton game about staying off the pitch, they just didn’t have the security to deal with it. As said before, who could have predicted Saints fans would do it after winning a play off game?

But whilst you get scenes like this, it will get clamped down on more and more. If I take my family to a game, I want to know they are going to be safe. Pathetic of the home fans to go straight to the away end. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crisp packet said:

Preston , brought out the police .

2014 king power was last at home pitch invasion.

IMG_1410.jpeg

That was the second invasion after the trophy lift

Was a small one before the lift aswell 

Stewards let everyone stand on the track next to the pitch that day which would be unthinkable under the current regime 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Plenty of players seem to enjoy being involved?

Never said anyone against them was anti atmosphere. Try again.

Enjoying it by being on the pitch engaging with the fans in the stand is a bit different to be surrounded by hundreds jostling  you so they can take photos. Apologies for anti atmosphere note, that was another poster.