Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Pitch invasions!

14 hours ago, Koke said:

Pitch invasions are kind of tinpot tbh. 

Yep. Unless it's an actual genuine outpouring of emotion mixed with a brilliant achievement for that club. They're all so predetermined now. Fair enough if we'd had one for winning the PL but if people had done that this year I'd be embarrassed (if the circumstances allowed!). 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, iancognito said:

There was only one at Saints because they weren't expecting anyone to run onto the pitch just for winning a play-off semi. Like they said afterwards, it's not like theyve been away for 22 years or haven't been promoted before. No chance with somewhere like Leeds with hundreds of stewards circling the pitch.

Explain to me why you'd want to run on to the pitch. Jump round in the stands, scream "FXXXXXG YEEEESSSSS!" and go home like a normal person.

Anyone for pitch invasions probably has Football Factory as a top 3 film and uses the word "limbs" a lot

Bang on.  Admittedly I've done my stint of pitch invasions.....Oxford 1991 and Newcastle 1992 (I think).  I was a teenager at the time and even then I thought "this is a bit pointless"....yes yes i know, so pointless i did it twice!!

The point I'm making is they are over rated and probably belong back in the 90s.  Give me an atmosphere and celebration in the stands like at Preston all day long.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Do you really think that if the players saw hordes of fans charging towards them, they would stand and wait to be shouldered high or physically mobbed? It just needs one over enthusiastic fan to knock a player over and cause him injury, to spoil it all. Pitch invaders are not the only ones who want to see the team celebrating. If it makes the players charge off down the tunnel then what’s the point, except indulging those who, let’s face it, are probably more interested in their social media pics.they’re waiting to post. Saying it’s anti atmosphere into to want it is too ridiculous for words.

I remember it back in 2014 really pissing Schmeichel off that fans invaded the pitch. Think he was worried about the safety of his wife and children.

• Like 1

Personally think that fans are obsessed with pitch invasions. They usually look a bit small fry. 

The exception being when it is a spontaneous outpouring and very much in the moment. Not something that’s pre-planned. Those situations are actually quite rare. 

The last one I was involved with is when Tony James scored and we stayed up on the last day. I can’t remember too many occasions since that it felt like the right thing to happen despite what we’ve achieved.

Not read to see if this has already been mentioned before but I vividly remember ten years ago we were allowed on the pitch to celebnrate promotion/winning the Championship after the Doncaster game in 2014, unlike the Premier League win milestone occasion two years later or indeed the latest Championship triumph!  

23 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I remember it back in 2014 really pissing Schmeichel off that fans invaded the pitch. Think he was worried about the safety of his wife and children.

Just mentioned it above re 2014's pitch invasion, then saw your post! I don't recall any players back then grumbling about it but I obviously  didn't see Schmeichel at the time where I was on the pitch! 

If you are a steward, do you chase after a pitch invader or leave him and try to stop the next one?

They must be told to only physically try to stop one person because they can hardly be expected to stop more than that.

I think the lifetime ban would only apply to a solitary pitch invader as I can't see them banning a few thousand, they would be spending money to lose money:blink:

On 18/05/2024 at 15:55, when_you're_smiling said:

I think all fans get waned about all of this as well.

We’ve been a bit unlucky in that it’s never really fell for us to do it in the last few decades. Only one I remember in my 30-odd years of following Leicester was after the last game at Filbert Street.

It happens when we won the champ under Pearson 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guy said:

Not read to see if this has already been mentioned before but I vividly remember ten years ago we were allowed on the pitch to celebnrate promotion/winning the Championship after the Doncaster game in 2014, unlike the Premier League win milestone occasion two years later or indeed the latest Championship triumph!  

I was there and no; they were not allowed to be on the pitch. There were warnings over the tannoy telling people to stay off the pitch. Besides ITS AGAINST THE LAW!

36 minutes ago, sishades said:

I was there and no; they were not allowed to be on the pitch. There were warnings over the tannoy telling people to stay off the pitch. Besides ITS AGAINST THE LAW!

Well I went onto the pitch after the Doncaster game and got no animosity, nor caused any! 

Here’s a simple solution.

They enter the pitch, no trophy presentation.  

Not really worth your Instagram video and running around with your 50 year old man tits out then.

I just find the whole thing very cringe.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Here’s a simple solution.

They enter the pitch, no trophy presentation.  

Not really worth your Instagram video and running around with your 50 year old man tits out then.

I just find the whole thing very cringe.

They're not having the trophy presentation?

Posted (edited)

What I find much more cringe is speeches on the pitches by managers and players, especially from a manager that has just lost the title i.e. Arteta.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 2