Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pre-Season Schedule Summer 2024

You know what I'm glad in a way that they continue to highlight how disgusting the people at the top of our club are. It would have been quite easy to paint themselves in a decent light at the minute but no, they keep managing to shine a light on exactly what they are like. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wasn’t Leicester the only club to vote against proposed PPV during Covid?

That was then. This is now. 

• Like 3

The more I see, the more I fall out of love with football, not just this club, but just in general.

We surely can't be the only team doing something like this? I know the big heads have there own subscription services and show their pre season games on there, so not too dissimilar? 

I just find it shameful that we're charging anything at all, let alone a tenner, to watch a pre season game against Shrewsbury! I'm sure it was only a tenner to go watch Real Madrid in person a decade or so ago?? 

This is the way football is going, it's all money over substance now. No soul, no connection with real fans, no real fan base any more, just a money making exercise. 

• Like 3

All these happy clapping willy pullers in these Facebook groups are queuing up to purchase it by the looks of things.

These twats just knacker any chance of any sort of boycott. They can't wait to pay there money thinking the club are doing great things by streaming the game tonight. Pissss me right off.

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

looks like they are some North Korean citizens on Facebook ready to pay it 

That is the demographic they are aiming for. There are people of that ilk who will pay £10 to spite someone who refuses to pay it. FB is full of as many lunatics as Twitter but the age range is in the late 30s to 70s. 

Scumbag move by the club.  You need your head checking if you pay this.  Not only is it wrong, if you pay,  it encourages more of the same in future.  

Friendlies are sh*t anyway.  Played at half pace most of the time, nothing at stake, a million subs.  Can't see why anyone would even entertain the thought of paying for it.

Edited by rugbyblue

Big no. 

I understand why they’re doing it. The current PSR/FFP model requires clubs to generate huge commercial incomes. Like any other business, they are employing commercial people to maximise income. This is where we are now with football.

But I’m still not paying it.

Football is knackered. Unregulated spending on transfer fees and wages over several decades - egged on by fans and the media - has created this huge, cash-hungry machine. The beast is out of control.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Wasn’t Leicester the only club to vote against proposed PPV during Covid?

We were but was it not pretty much already agreed and we came out later on voting against? Not something I'll criticise them on per se but also not something I'll wax lyrical over, felt it was quite cleverly done.

Given we booked total value of the streaming service this year and would not want to see a massive yty dip now moving into the tv deal managed prem, they’ve probably priced it this way so Top can buy a load of KPFC employees a game pass and say it’s the interest from Asia

2 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

That is the demographic they are aiming for. There are people of that ilk who will pay £10 to spite someone who refuses to pay it. FB is full of as many lunatics as Twitter but the age range is in the late 30s to 70s. 

Absolutely why any full blown boycott of fan action at our place wouldn't in my eyes ever be that successful.

You’d get the LCFC till I die facebook group doing the opposite of UFS and the Trust as some sort of spite exercise rather than any big picture thinking.

• Sad 1