Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pre-Season Schedule Summer 2024

I'd love a pre season where the players start their league games looking as though they can complete 90 minutes without looking gassed by 70. The last 5 or so seasons I think our fitness levels have been really substandard. Finishing games strongly and picking up vital points towards the end of games will be vital if we are to achieve safety this year. Too many games when we were last in the Premier League saw us conceding late goals and dropping points, mainly through tiredness.  

Edited by MGLCFC

On 23/06/2024 at 09:32, boots60 said:

Went to Lens for the Colombia game 98 World Cup.

About the size of Harborough but less pubs, decent stadium but other than that not a lot of stuff of interest.

If anyones planning a trip, kip over in Lille (half hour on the train), more to see & do.

I also went to this game. I remember having to use my GCSE French all day before to get some tickets. Stayed on a campsite somewhere nearby. Don't remember much about the actual town.

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

I'd love a pre season where the players start their league games looking as though they can complete 90 minutes without looking gassed by 70. The last 5 or so seasons I think our fitness levels have been really substandard. Finishing games strongly and picking up vital points towards the end of games will be vital if we are to achieve safety this year. Too many games when we were last in the Premier League saw us conceding late goals and dropping points, mainly through tiredness.  

I thought our fitness levels last season were largely very good, especially when you consider the amount of games many of the essential players played. Our game against Bournemouth was interesting from this regard as they looked far more fatigued than we did.

Our problem last season was the lack of rotation and the impact that had on core players. Winks / KDH / Mavadidi / Fatawu / Vesty / Faes were literally playing 90 minutes every game. My hope is Cooper is able to work out better rotation and impact subs that means we don't overplay the core players.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Agreed. Ofc last season we started off by getting two late goals to win the match after having no pre season. But then we were playing in an amateur league so we were always going to be far fitter than the fat part timers we were up against. This season we are playing professional football. If we play like we did against cov, we will be spanked. Thorough work needed 

12 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agreed. Ofc last season we started off by getting two late goals to win the match after having no pre season. But then we were playing in an amateur league so we were always going to be far fitter than the fat part timers we were up against. This season we are playing professional football. If we play like we did against cov, we will be spanked. Thorough work needed 

I mean this is just hyperbolic nonsense, unless you're trying to be funny? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I mean this is just hyperbolic nonsense, unless you're trying to be funny? 

Ofc it’s not. The championship is a horrible standard of football which has just been witnessed by us all. We need to make significant improvements across the entire football operation if we are to compete this coming season. 

14 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Ofc it’s not. The championship is a horrible standard of football which has just been witnessed by us all. We need to make significant improvements across the entire football operation if we are to compete this coming season. 

OK lets take you at your word then.

Which Championship clubs have overweight part time players in their squads? 

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

OK lets take you at your word then.

Which Championship clubs have overweight part time players in their squads? 

Hugh Jass, plays for PNE (pies normally eaten).

Otherwise, my memory of that farmers market league was deleted on May 5

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Quite surprised the players aren’t coming back until next Monday, thought it would’ve been yesterday

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-notebook-fatawu-transfer-9381935

A large number of football league clubs returned yesterday with their season starting the week before. The 8th of July gives us nearly six full weeks to prepare for the start of the season which I would say is pretty standard. I guess it also allows for a lot of the off-field noise to have settled down as well before everyone returns, you'd like to think we will have a few announcements this week around coaching and playing staff.

• Like 1

See Ipswich were back yesterday. They seem to be focussed on the season ahead. Some early business done and players back together. 

Meanwhile we are scratching around for some positive news before announcing the next instalment of bad news (KDH). 

2 friendlies confirmed, no news on the new kit, backroom staff not complete. Players making announcements because they can’t be bothered to wait for the club too. No U21 manager. A mess really. Keep up the good work Rudders.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alanf0x said:

See Ipswich were back yesterday. They seem to be focussed on the season ahead. Some early business done and players back together. 

Meanwhile we are scratching around for some positive news before announcing the next instalment of bad news (KDH). 

2 friendlies confirmed, no news on the new kit, backroom staff not complete. Players making announcements because they can’t be bothered to wait for the club too. No U21 manager. A mess really. Keep up the good work Rudders.

Premier League title no 2 incoming then 😂

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

I'm really not convinced that 'no news on the kit' should be regarded as evidence of a 'mess' - at least not by anybody above the age of 15.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I'm really not convinced that 'no news on the kit' should be regarded as evidence of a 'mess' - at least not by anybody above the age of 15.

Say if you were running a clothing business and selling swimming shorts.  Would you roll them out end of May for people to buy for summer holiday’s or bring them out end of August once people back home. 

It’s the simple things we don’t do right anymore

• Like 1

Just now, alanf0x said:

Say if you were running a clothing business and selling swimming shorts.  Would you roll them out end of May for people to buy for summer holiday’s or bring them out end of August once people back home. 

Have you got access to the number of shirts the club sells per calendar month? 

• Like 1

I think we should get the Trust and UFS to get the club to start super small,extra small,small.medium standard,extra medium,large.

Thus making large equivalent to XXXL  to bring a good feeling back to lots of us larger fans.

13 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Only seven out of 20 PL clubs have released their kits so far, so the majority of clubs aren't 'doing it right' either...

• Like 3