Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Harry Souttar - Outgoing to pastures new

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

1 goals in 76 games in the Championship and PL.  

Missed several sitters in our relegation season.

He’s very good in the air defensively and attacking, he wins a lot of balls at both ends even if he doesn’t score. He’s scored 11 goals in 29 games for Australia. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

He’s very good in the air defensively and attacking, he wins a lot of balls at both ends even if he doesn’t score. He’s scored 11 goals in 29 games for Australia. 

I think Soutter is OK, but he has a lot to prove, it's the classic becoming a better player in people minds when not playing.

Against the international heavy weights.

Nepal x 2

Chinese Taipei x 3

Jordan x 1

New Zealand x 1

Bangladesh x 1 

Indonesia x 1

Palestine x 1 

1 Goal against anyone decent, Mexico.

His record for Australia is irrelevant, its like claiming Nugent is a international class striker for his goal against Andorra.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

*might not be 100% accurate, on the basis I made it up.

its 00% accurate, on the basis you made it up

Australia last played SI in a World Cup Qualifier in 2005 (and the score v 2-1 to Australia)

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I think Soutter is OK, but he has a lot to prove, it's the classic becoming a better player in people minds when not playing.

Against the international heavy weights.

Nepal x 2

Chinese Taipei x 3

Jordan x 1

New Zealand x 1

Bangladesh x 1 

Indonesia x 1

Palestine x 1 

1 Goal against anyone decent, Mexico.

His record for Australia is irrelevant, its like claiming Nugent is an international class striker for his goal against Andorra.

I forgot that statistics like goals don’t count if they don’t suit your opinion 👍🏻👍🏻

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I forgot that statistics like goals don’t count if they don’t suit your opinion 👍🏻👍🏻

Cry me a river.......

So that you think stats against the likes of Chinese Taipei, are better for judging a players ability then those against the level he will be expected to play at. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Cry me a river.......

So that you think stats against the likes of Chinese Taipei, are better for judging a players ability then those against the level he will be expected to play at. 

He’s scored against Mexico too btw but the fact is he’s good in the air, it’s not all about goals, it’s defending and also creating havoc in the opposition box. Souttar had demonstrated both those attributes in a LCFC shirt. 

Not sure the relevance of your crap put-down but I’ll give it back to you anyway. 😂

’Cry me a river..’ 

44 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He’s scored against Mexico too btw but the fact is he’s good in the air, it’s not all about goals, it’s defending and also creating havoc in the opposition box. Souttar had demonstrated both those attributes in a LCFC shirt. 

Not sure the relevance of your crap put-down but I’ll give it back to you anyway. 😂

’Cry me a river..’ 

Good enough to get a bite :fishing:

I was genuinely shocked when he was frozen out this year.

I think he could be a quality squad player at the very least for us.

He got caught a bit when we went down, but he’s still very young and under a good defensive coach he could rectify these issues and develop.

13 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Depending on what manager comes in now will determine any move you’d think. If they play 4 at the back you’d think they might want to keep him 

Think we need to keep him with the lack of funds available. Don’t play a high line and souttar will be fine. 

• Like 1

On 27/05/2024 at 14:10, funkyrobot said:

Suddenly Soutts might be back in the picture at Leicester now Enzo is taking the step down to Chelsea. Enzo didn’t rate him but he’s so good in the air in both boxes and he’s a better ball player than he gets credit for. 

before he signed for us he’d played something like 70 games at Stoke in 6 years. Rest of his experience is in Scotland.

where does  this idea come from that he will be of benefit to us in the prem?

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

before he signed for us he’d played something like 70 games at Stoke in 6 years. Rest of his experience is in Scotland.

He’s like a “Wish” version of Harry Maguire. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

Well his goal scoring record for Australia is pretty impressive, if we get a manager who can utilise that then he might just be the difference in a relegation fight. 

44 minutes ago, Muzzy Elliot said:

Well his goal scoring record for Australia is pretty impressive, if we get a manager who can utilise that then he might just be the difference in a relegation fight. 

Have you seen the teams he scored those goals against?:D