Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Harry Souttar - Outgoing to pastures new

21 hours ago, JimJams said:

His value has dropped off a cliff and with Doyle going back to Man City, no news on Vestys future and rumoured interest in Coady, he moves up the pecking order without doing a thing.

Really? Widely understood he's going to be signing a new deal...

2 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

He can play, he is hard to beat, he can pick a long pass.

I'm not saying he's Franco Baresi, and I'm happy to take Enzo's assessment if he doesn't think he's good enough.

its  not helpful to define his suitability for the prem  with this phrase. you could say the same about a sunday league player, but you still wouldn't start him in the prem..

1 hour ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Really? Widely understood he's going to be signing a new deal...

Think he's been offered a new deal but i wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to be kicked to the sidelines like our last season in the prem.. He hasnt signed it yet..

34 minutes ago, MPH said:

Think he's been offered a new deal but i wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to be kicked to the sidelines like our last season in the prem.. He hasnt signed it yet..

Due to our limited spending power with everything that's going on, why would he think he's being kicked to the sidelines? Played every game this season practically, think Enzo really likes him. Personally I don't fancy him over the course of a PL campaign but doesn't matter what I think.

1 minute ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Due to our limited spending power with everything that's going on, why would he think he's being kicked to the sidelines? Played every game this season practically, think Enzo really likes him. Personally I don't fancy him over the course of a PL campaign but doesn't matter what I think.

We are rumoured to be after a left sided CB

I rate him more than Coady.

Our squad is thin enough already and we have to replace these players, we're not adept at getting multiple players in and out during the same window too.

Enzo is going to have to lump it and use some of these players.

2 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Law number 1 of Foxestalk football analysis: Whichever player isn’t getting a game is definitely the answer to our problems.

I remember when we still had Schmeichel and people on here were shouting out for Ward to take number one spot!

Name and shame!

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Our squad is thin enough already and we have to replace these players, we're not adept at getting multiple players in and out during the same window too.

He hasn't used him this season, and I don't think he will next. I would assume, from the rumours, we are looking to shift both him and Coady.  

I suspect we will see decent turnover of the playing staff.  We did OK last summer 9 in was a decent effort, not so good on the out front excluding those leaving on a free, we did 4 perm out and 4 loans. 

We also have a little more stability to work in this summer compare to last. 

I can’t see anyone offering the money we want for Coady or Souttar though.

That January window with the last throw of the dice really didn’t work out for us did it?

Tete was bang average but at least on loan.

Stoke had our pants down with Souttar and Viktor was the best of a bad bunch (actually think there is a player in there) but way too much pressure and again money spent on an unproven LB.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

He hasn't used him this season, and I don't think he will next. I would assume, from the rumours, we are looking to shift both him and Coady.  

I suspect we will see decent turnover of the playing staff.  We did OK last summer 9 in was a decent effort, not so good on the out front excluding those leaving on a free, we did 4 perm out and 4 loans. 

We also have a little more stability to work in this summer compare to last. 

Currently our long term CB options are Faes, Coady, Souttar and Nelson. Selling the middle two AND replacing them without spending more on fees and wages is too much of an ask.

I'm not going to defend Rudkin but it's reasonable to ask Maresca to actually use the assets at his disposal. 99.9% of managers have to make do with what they have.

He's delusional if we think we're going to completely rebuild the squad in his image, even in spite of our FFP problems.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

Currently our long term CB options are Faes, Coady, Souttar and Nelson. Selling the middle two AND replacing them without spending more on fees and wages is too much of an ask.

I'm not going to defend Rudkin but it's reasonable to ask Maresca to actually use the assets at his disposal. 99.9% of managers have to make do with what they have.

He's delusional if we think we're going to completely rebuild the squad in his image, even in spite of our FFP problems.

It is more than reasonable but I'd be very surprised if we don't make changes in that area.

10 hours ago, Stadt said:

If he didn’t trust him in the Championship doubtful he trusts him in the PL.

I expect him to be off shortly.

If Enzo didn't play him in the championship he's unlikely to play in the him the Premiership.

A young strong quick left sided CB is what we need to give us a chance to survive in the Premiership.

On 20/05/2024 at 12:44, MPH said:

I just dont get why people want to go back to large part of the team that were so awful when we got relegated. Vesty.. Souttar.. both players who could hardly get a game during our most awful season.. why do people want to rely on them in the prem again? CB is our most important position next season, it could be argued...

Because the team was being selected by Rodgers, hardly a reliable barometer of the player's ability.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

If Enzo moves on we’ll have a few players with a 2nd chance.

New gaffer might rate the likes of Souttar, Soumare, Kristensen etc 

Maybe. Not much point in selling them tbh, in our current position, as we can’t get any profit for them and we simply need the numbers