Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Claudio Ranieri retires from football management

Great manager, and comes across as a classy, intelligent and charming guy. His tactics and man management in 15/16 were nothing short of genius.

Was quite upsetting how it ended but it's great he's been back in the meantime and we've shown our appreciation. 

After the uproar following his appointment, a good season would’ve been 17th position. Those players, that team, this manager are genuine legends of this club. 

After we go relegated, I was miserable. Hated the game. Then, I came across a “Ranieri best bits at Leicester” video. Was laughing out loud. He experienced the greatest time with us. Leicester isn’t a passing thought in his career, it’s “the” moment for him, as it is for us.

After the Vardy statue, this is the man who won us our “first” regardless if we do it again, he did it first. The club needs to honour him in some way. 

• Like 4

I was walking through Leicester in the summer after we’d won the league. There was a man about 50 yards ahead of me who seemed to know everyone he passed as they all spoke to him and some shook his hand. As he was being stopped, I caught up with him and it was Claudio. I also shook his hand and thanked him for what he’d done. Such a gracious gentleman. Happy retirement Claudio. You brought joy and worldwide love and recognition for a while, to our club.👏👏👏

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

I was walking through Leicester in the summer after we’d won the league. There was a man about 50 yards ahead of me who seemed to know everyone he passed as they all spoke to him and some shook his hand. As he was being stopped, I caught up with him and it was Claudio. I also shook his hand and thanked him for what he’d done. Such a gracious gentleman. Happy retirement Claudio. You brought joy and worldwide love and recognition for a while, to our club.👏👏👏

I love seeing stories like this. In the summer of 2016, my brother and I saw him sitting by himself in a hotel lobby. We took the opportunity to approach him to thank him. Claudio couldn’t have been any more gracious, he replied, “no, no, no, thank YOU.” He was so kind to us for those few minutes we spent with him, which I will always remember. 

• Like 1