Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Enzo to Chelsea?

7 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I wonder if Pocchettino moving on  all ties in with De Zerbi leaving Brighton -  apparently as they could not match his ambition 

Any leaked interest shown in other managers like Enzo just helps them avoid compensation if it's a done deal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Career suicide, basket case of a club.

But you are set for life. Potter doesn’t need to worry about his bank account anymore and likely gets paid more by not taking another job. 

Depends what is lost important for Enzo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iran said:

It's already been confirmed he's staying.

I'm not sure if that really means anything my friend.  

It was mentioned when Pochettino was still Chelsea's manager..that's changed and if they come in with the £10m compo and also promise him funds to realise his idea of EnzoBall then I'd be very surprised if he's not off like a rocket..

Sacked by January mind you, as Chelsea is a poisoned chalice of a club.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

But you are set for life. Potter doesn’t need to worry about his bank account anymore and likely gets paid more by not taking another job. 

Depends what is lost important for Enzo.

Do you think Enzo is skint? I doubt his worrying about his bank account.

36 minutes ago, les-tah said:

But if he is told he has no money to spend here then its a no brainer to jump ship.

Poch has just been sack for finishing 6th! 

He's going to get a season if he's lucky.

There's another thread on here were someone said they had a dream that Jamie Vardy left us and became the new Dr.Who... THAT is more deserving of a topic of discussion AND more believable than this guff. Utter nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I'm not sure if that really means anything my friend.  

It was mentioned when Pochettino was still Chelsea's manager..that's changed and if they come in with the £10m compo and also promise him funds to realise his idea of EnzoBall then I'd be very surprised if he's not off like a rocket..

Sacked by January mind you, as Chelsea is a poisoned chalice of a club.

Correct, but the chances of Enzo leaving to go to Chelsea are so marginally slim at they're virtually impossible to point that I'll eat my hat if he goes.

I have no doubts he'll be well advised by his agents and advisors close to him why going to Chelsea would be terrible move at this point in his managerial career, especially given Chelsea's track record of managerial changes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

£10m compensation would be nice if it happened before the end of June.

'Nice'?

Do you think a paltry £10m would be an ample counterweight to the disruption losing Enzo would cause?

Failing there wouldn’t harm his prospects at all. It’s more or less a free hit. 

Getting sacked in 8th place is better for his stature than finishing 16th with us.

3 hours ago, An Away Move said:

'Nice'?

Do you think a paltry £10m would be an ample counterweight to the disruption losing Enzo would cause?

Absolutely, it would give us plenty of time to get Steve Bruce in? 🤔😵‍💫

Whilst Chelsea is a basket case of a club, it still has European football, a squad full of young talented footballers and seemingly money to burn, whilst I am fairly certain Enzo would last a season at best, it is pretty much a free hit for a manager as they will always have the excuse of not being given enough time with a patchwork quilt of a squad and a perceived circus in the background. 

Look at Poch and Potter, I doubt very much either has/will suffer as a result of a faulty short spell as Chelsea manager and both will continue to be linked and offered decent jobs. 

In Enzo’s case this would just increase his profile. 

In many ways Chelsea have been a basket case since Abramovich took over, and yet it has been their most successful period.  Suspect they will get a good manager in and get top 4 before Liverpool do next.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Do you think Enzo is skint? I doubt his worrying about his bank account.

No - of course he is not skint. But, the Chelsea job can set you and your family up for life. If he had plans to not be in management too long, this is the way to do it. Potters pay off is more than another job is going to pay him.

Saying that, i don't expect him to be in the running and he will be here next season.

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

Failing there wouldn’t harm his prospects at all. It’s more or less a free hit. 

Getting sacked in 8th place is better for his stature than finishing 16th with us.

Not sure on that seeing as we're bookies favourites to be relegated and Chelsea finished 6th.