Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Enzo to Chelsea?

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

No - of course he is not skint. But, the Chelsea job can set you and your family up for life. If he had plans to not be in management too long, this is the way to do it. Potters pay off is more than another job is going to pay him.

Saying that, i don't expect him to be in the running and he will be here next season.

The Leicester City job could set your average Joe up for life lol Most managerial jobs in the Championship and into League 1 too.

I know what you're saying...

But how the other half live!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

The Leicester City job could set your average Joe up for life lol Most managerial jobs in the Championship and into League 1 too.

I know what you're saying...

But how the other half live!

Not true 

average championship manager salary is decent but below the bigger clubs, you’re not earning more than 250k/annum. Into league 1 and I bet it’s below 100k. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Not true 

average championship manager salary is decent but below the bigger clubs, you’re not earning more than 250k/annum. Into league 1 and I bet it’s below 100k. More

More than I'm going to earn in my remaining working years.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

15 hours ago, filbertway said:

Plus 5 million for each of his coaching staff.

Plus Choudary for a cut price £25 million to help shore up their defence.

Show them the West Brom highlights and they actually would!

If Chelsea want Enzo, he's gone, he's not turning that down, doesn't matter how much of a basket case they are, he believes he is elite so will believe he can be successful there, he has a better chance than he does here

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

If Chelsea want Enzo, he's gone, he's not turning that down, doesn't matter how much of a basket case they are, he believes he is elite so will believe he can be successful there, he has a better chance than he does here

At least he will have the money to buy a few players he wants there... Won't have to shop on wish..

Edited by MPH

Just now, MPH said:

At least he will have the money to buy a few players he wants there... Won't have to shop on wish..

So long as we don't something stupid like give him a Rodgers style contract and false promises

• Like 1

I'm usually one of the first to advocate for young managers and new ideas. 

But Chelsea need someone with a lot of character and a lot of experience to get a grip of the mess the board are making there. 

Hard to see anything other than a train wreck of they're taking a punt on someone with one or two seasons of professional management on their CV. 

Doesn't have to be an elite, former Champions League winning manager but it does need to be someone seriously confident and self assured. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But Chelsea need someone with a lot of character and a lot of experience to get a grip of the mess the board are making there. 

Hard to see anything other than a train wreck of they're taking a punt on someone with one or two seasons of professional management on their CV. 

Doesn't have to be an elite, former Champions League winning manager but it does need to be someone seriously confident and self assured. 

well, their last few managers  have been Tuchel, Sarri, Conte, hiddink and Mourhino. and Poch, of course. I dont think you can get a more confident and self assured bunch than that. But you are absolutely right in one thing.. its the board and owners that are the problem. i would guess that ANY half decent manager who can have a say over what players come into the club is the one who is likely to do well, given their  spending power

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's like they didn't learn from Graham Potter.

3 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Rudkin trying to find a decent successor

And there it is. 

I made peace very early on with the idea of Enzo using us as a stepping stone. Think it was very clear straight away he's going to have a much bigger career than us. 

I just don't see us doing a Palace, Villa or Brighton and pulling off a Glasner, Emery or De Zerbi. 

We'll go and ****ing recruit Moyes and the worst part is that half of our support will be happy that the "tippy tappy shit" has stopped. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And there it is. 

I made peace very early on with the idea of Enzo using us as a stepping stone. Think it was very clear straight away he's going to have a much bigger career than us. 

I just don't see us doing a Palace, Villa or Brighton and pulling off a Glasner, Emery or De Zerbi. 

We'll go and ****ing recruit Moyes and the worst part is that half of our support will be happy that the "tippy tappy shit" has stopped. 

Just don't see it, Enzo claimed Top want us to play like Man City, so he's definitely going to what a manager with a possession based style.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Just don't see it, Enzo claimed Top want us to play like Man City, so he's definitely going to what a manager with a possession based style.

Yeah I'm being a bit facetious, I don't think we'll literally recruit Moyes, but I do think we lack imagination and always have with managerial recruitment. 

Enzo is the most inventive we've ever gotten and he was coaching at a fellow Premier League club and was highly tipped to go in to management, it's not like we plucked him out of obscurity. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah I'm being a bit facetious, I don't think we'll literally recruit Moyes, but I do think we lack imagination and always have with managerial recruitment. 

Enzo is the most inventive we've ever gotten and he was coaching at a fellow Premier League club and was highly tipped to go in to management, it's not like we plucked him out of obscurity. 

I agree, but our choices general turned out ok. Other then Sousa we haven't had many stinkers 

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And there it is. 

The problem is we won’t recruit someone like Moyes, we’ll get someone like Russel Martin. I wouldn’t be against Moyes at all

• Haha 1