Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Enzo to Chelsea?

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah I'm being a bit facetious, I don't think we'll literally recruit Moyes, but I do think we lack imagination and always have with managerial recruitment. 

Enzo is the most inventive we've ever gotten and he was coaching at a fellow Premier League club and was highly tipped to go in to management, it's not like we plucked him out of obscurity. 

Are we an attractive proposition though?

11 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

It’ll be Glenn Hoddle with Eileen Drury as assistant 

That'll be the end of the sensory room then. and it will be all my fault :(

• Haha 1

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but IF Enzo was offered the Chelsea role he will take it. Of course he would. Anyone would. Club might be in turmoil and a bit of a joke, but he couldn’t lose there whereas he will lose here. We are currently more of a poisoned chalice than they are. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not sure on that seeing as we're bookies favourites to be relegated and Chelsea finished 6th.

In 2015-6 we were bookies' favourites to get relegated :sleep:

I'm starting to think Enzo has acquired some top level PR contacts from his time at Man City. 

Everything, including the bullshit we have to endure from Guillem, seems more geared to bargaining with the club for more power and a better contract than any actual interest. 

Any top level club would have watched how we played over the last 15 games or so. Not only that but Kompany has massively tarnished the deluded tunnel vision of "lesser" clubs who think Peps way is the only way. It will take at least a year of proving himself with us at the top level to get any concrete interest. 

If he's demanding things left right and centre to our board then I'd call his bluff and let him walk away from his nice contract. Of course, like Brendan, he won't. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If true I can’t see Chelsea not getting McKenna unless Man Utd have already decided to part ways with Ten Haag.

Man Utd have absolutely already decided to part ways with Ten Hag, just waiting till after the FA Cup final.  They will appoint Pochettino though.

I can see them going for Enzo, they are ****wits and can see what Arteta has done at Arsenal after leaving Man City and will expect Enzo can do the same.

Weirdly Enzo is the 5/2 favourite on betfair and yet when I look at oddschecker he doesn’t seem to appear in the betting.. 

interestingly the sky sports link to Enzo is unclear as to whether it’s via a Chelsea source or if it has been leaked by somebody within Maresca’s camp. 

Therefore it’s difficult to ascertain how genuine the interest or if its agent driven to help secure interest or leverage on ongoing contract discussions with Top and Rudkin. 

22 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Weirdly Enzo is the 5/2 favourite on betfair and yet when I look at oddschecker he doesn’t seem to appear in the betting.. 

interestingly the sky sports link to Enzo is unclear as to whether it’s via a Chelsea source or if it has been leaked by somebody within Maresca’s camp. 

Therefore it’s difficult to ascertain how genuine the interest or if its agent driven to help secure interest or leverage on ongoing contract discussions with Top and Rudkin. 

Enzo is favourite on betfair at 5/2 but third favourite at 7/2 on skybet, behind McKenna (15/8) and De Zerbi (9/4). These odds tell me that the bookies currently have no inside information on what is going on, and may even mean that Chelsea have no idea who it will be yet. 

• Like 2

On 22/05/2024 at 06:44, Jon the Hat said:

In many ways Chelsea have been a basket case since Abramovich took over, and yet it has been their most successful period.  Suspect they will get a good manager in and get top 4 before Liverpool do next.

Amazing what unlimited cash money can do to a regular premier league club before all the financial restrictions stuff came in 

On 22/05/2024 at 06:44, Jon the Hat said:

In many ways Chelsea have been a basket case since Abramovich took over, and yet it has been their most successful period.  Suspect they will get a good manager in and get top 4 before Liverpool do next.

Have you completely had your head in the sand since the current ownership took over? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The mind boggles it really does……. So it appears genuine? 

Potch was barely given a chance, the Chelsea mafia signed a bunch of players he didn’t want, and when he finally gets them going they sack him? 

Any young manager hoping to make their way in the game would avoid them at all costs. Potter was hung out to dry by them, and neither Maresca or McKenna would fair any better.

like a few have said, provided we get a decent replacement in, I’d be indifferent towards Enzo leaving….. I’ve still got reservations about him and his style, and I’m not wholly convinced if he says here he will last…. Naturally I’d rince Chelsea financially for him if they chose to come in for him, but there’s better options out there than Enzo in my opinion. 

But I think the fact that a lot of fans are ambivalent towards him leaving should act as a huge warning sign. 

Edited by Pliskin

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Have you completely had your head in the sand since the current ownership took over? 

Yes and no, paid only passing attention to the Premier league while we were not in it to be honest.  I do think though that they will still attract a good manager, and they have signed some very very good players who are starting to click.  The other comment was more around Liverpool cannot expect to maintain their level with a managerial change, and they are in some respects in need of some squad overhaul.  Chelsea need imo one or two and a decent manager to click.

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The mind boggles it really does……. So it appears genuine? 

Potch was barely given a chance, the Chelsea mafia signed a bunch of players he didn’t want, and when he finally gets them going they sack him? 

Any young manager hoping to make their way in the game would avoid them at all costs. Potter was hung out to fry by them, and neither Maresca or McKenna would fair any better.

like a few have said, provided we get a decent replacement in, I’d be indifferent towards Enzo leaving….. I’ve still got reservations about him and his style, and I’m not wholly convinced if he says here he will last…. Naturally I’d rince Chelsea financially for him if they chose to come in for him, but there’s better options out there than Enzo in my opinion. 

But I think the fact that a lot of fans are ambivalent towards him leaving should act as a huge warning sign. 

I don't think Pock was sacked, I think he walked.

I think the salary on offer means anyone would take the job, even if they last a year then make 20M plus.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I don't think Pock was sacked, I think he walked.

I think the salary on offer means anyone would take the job, even if they last a year then make 20M plus.

I think you’re right. I imagine Potch has asked for total control of all things Football and they’ve essentially told him to bollocks. So he’s left. 

Edited by Pliskin

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes and no, paid only passing attention to the Premier league while we were not in it to be honest.  I do think though that they will still attract a good manager, and they have signed some very very good players who are starting to click.  The other comment was more around Liverpool cannot expect to maintain their level with a managerial change, and they are in some respects in need of some squad overhaul.  Chelsea need imo one or two and a decent manager to click.

I found myself writing an essay and deleted it because honestly I don't care that much about Liverpool and Chelsea. 

But Liverpool, like or loathe them, have very intelligent owners and the club is pretty well run with some excellent decision making. 

Chelsea have been bought by absolute idiots and have put a complete muppet in charge. 

They're trying to do a Real Madrid, which is kinda taking the Red Bull approach and turning it up to 11 but they're doing it like a 13 year old on Football Manager just blindly grabbing at any fancy looking player with no squad building sense at all. It looks like an absolute disaster ready to unfold personally. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

Whilst the above post by Finners is spot on it doesn’t factor in the positives for any manager. Chelsea have a squad full of talent and an enviable youth system. They are not going to get relegated. They likely will push for cups. Managers wage would be very good. It’s London. Chelsea are a big name, worthy or not. Going there and ‘failing’ isn’t going to mar anyone’s CV at this time because everyone can see they are a basket case. For someone like Enzo it’s a win win. Only caveat being the amount of control he would get.