Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Enzo to Chelsea?

44 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Will he, Are we thou?

If he wants to stay in the EPL the pool of clubs looking or potentially going to be looking for a new manager is shrinking, he is not going to any of the traditional top 6, Man U at 1 point but now Poch, McKenna being mentioned that gigs gone, so working down Newcastle potentially but if they get rid of Howe they will be after a ‘big name’ and it won’t have an Anglo Saxon ring to it would be my guess, Villa won’t be looking past Emery & was he even looked at for the West Ham job? 
Now you’re getting into the smaller echelons of the epl where we will be positioned next season, Palace & Fulham won’t be looking for new managers, does he go back to Brighton? How far down are we going on the food chain, Everton or Wolves (again can’t see them looking past what they have), Bournemouth, Forest, Brentford…Ipswich?

Ohh I’ve run out of clubs, which clubs are we well behind that would potentially want a new manager or even hypothetically for that matter.

Not a lot of talk has come his way from abroad either and the longer he waits the more his stock is watered down, he needs another club and soon.

We are in a pickle financial granted but there’s another 11 or 12 teams in the epl that won’t be splurging either and none of them hold a candle to our recent history, we will be seen as a big draw for managers outside of those top 6-8 clubs & if he wanted to get back in we above all the ‘rest’ would be perfect for him to build his credits back up.

I say that in regards to if let’s say he went to (pick a team)…Palace, a mid table (meh) team he finishes mid table well done here’s a credit but if he goes to Leicester who potentially have point deductions, strangled by PSR, thin squad etc but keeps them up..credit, credit, credit….credit!

The last 'rumours' I saw in the media were that he was actually more interested in working abroad again to be fair. The Premiership isn't the be all and end all.

I suppose in his position at the time, it would have been extremely hard for him not to take the Chelsea job but, after the failure (like many other managers), he would have received a very handsome financial pay off and can afford to wait and pick and choose his next venture wherever it is. I just don't think we'd be an attractive enough proposition for him.

7 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Still 5/1 with the bookies for Enzo to go Chelsea, so I'd say its still pretty far off happening at the minute.

They generally have the real ITK!

No they don't. 

This gets said every time there's a managerial situation going on. The betting markets for manager changes is based almost entirely on where people are lumping on. 

FoxesTalk could probably get the media to start talking about a real obscure candidate for Chelsea boss just by deliberately influencing the betting odds which we could do deliberately just by having a few of us all coordinate to waste five or ten quid each on the same name. Like, idk, Andy King. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No they don't. 

This gets said every time there's a managerial situation going on. The betting markets for manager changes is based almost entirely on where people are lumping on. 

FoxesTalk could probably get the media to start talking about a real obscure candidate for Chelsea boss just by deliberately influencing the betting odds which we could do deliberately just by having a few of us all coordinate to waste five or ten quid each on the same name. Like, idk, Andy King. 

Are you saying Sky Sports News could manipulate the betting market by casting out a name that's been 'in talks' with a club, so people then go onto Sky bet and place bets with their sister company? :whistle:

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

The last 'rumours' I saw in the media were that he was actually more interested in working abroad again to be fair. The Premiership isn't the be all and end all.

I suppose in his position at the time, it would have been extremely hard for him not to take the Chelsea job but, after the failure (like many other managers), he would have received a very handsome financial pay off and can afford to wait and pick and choose his next venture wherever it is. I just don't think we'd be an attractive enough proposition for him.

So we agree that we’re not that far down the food chain within the premier league then.

As for abroad he was linked to Ajax a big club within a fairly small pond but he’s no longer in the running for that. 
He will need to be in 1 of main 3 EU leagues if he wants to sit at the top table and thus far he’s not even linked to a club bigger than a 8/9/10 position within the premier league, as far as I have seen.

If he just wants to manage any team abroad then fair play, Im only replying to your statement that he will get bigger and better offers and that Leicester are so far down the food chain to have a chance of snaring someone like him.

As for sitting and waiting your right he’ll be sat on a nice little wedge from Chelsea but if wants back in then he needs to move this season as he is being bypassed by other less experienced or high profiled managers ie Kompany, Enzo & McKenna 🤷‍♂️ 

23 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

If he’s gonna go, go now sooner rather than later so we can prepare for next season. I can cope with that

The worst case scenario is if this drags on all summer!

Transfers dragging over the course of the summer? Us? Never!

38 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

So Enzo meets them, sells them his philosophy. They choose another and he heads back to us with the same passion for the job?

No chance, minute he sits down with them he's done here.

I guarantee you that if he speaks to them but isn't offered the job, he will come back and will remain as our manager. Top won't sack him and he won't resign.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LFEFox23 said:

Still 5/1 with the bookies for Enzo to go Chelsea, so I'd say its still pretty far off happening at the minute.

13/8 on most betting sites now....but as others have said odds change when punters place large amounts of money on their preferred outcome 

Posted (edited)

I personally think given the choice McKenna goes to United as he knows the club and tbh it's the biggest club job in England. I think that leaves the door open at Chelsea however like others have said, there are so many big name managers available this summer I'd be very surprised if Maresca is offered that job. I think he'll still be here come game 1. 

Edited by lcfc278

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

You’d be surprised 

allegri

poch

conte

Low

flick

Rudi garcia

sarri

Kovac

these are all coaches who have led successful big clubs. Plenty of younger ones out there too. 

Brendan will also follow the cash.

26 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Why is this different to any other job? I've interviewed for positions when been in jobs, sometimes because something interesting has cropped up or someone i have worked with before is thinking about doing something.  The decision to move on has many decision factors, and when i've stayed somewhere i have always put in the same effort as before.

If Chelsea wants to speak to you, you would be an idiot not to speak back.

If he doesn't go, be it his decision or theirs (bearing in mind if they don't make an offer he doesn't have a decision to make anyway), i don't see any reason why he would give the LCFC job any less effort that before. 

Come on. It's obvious that if he speaks to them but isn't offered it, he'll just spend his days locked in his office at Seagrave, wearing a padded Chelsea coat with 'EM' embossed on it, watching videos of their 2005 title win under Mourinho while quietly weeping.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LFEFox23 said:

Oddschecker says he's 3/1 and the current favourite. That to me says he's on their list but there's no decision made.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Why is this different to any other job? I've interviewed for positions when been in jobs, sometimes because something interesting has cropped up or someone i have worked with before is thinking about doing something.  The decision to move on has many decision factors, and when i've stayed somewhere i have always put in the same effort as before.

If Chelsea wants to speak to you, you would be an idiot not to speak back.

If he doesn't go, be it his decision or theirs (bearing in mind if they don't make an offer he doesn't have a decision to make anyway), i don't see any reason why he would give the LCFC job any less effort that before. 

Do you let your bosses and the whole company know when your interviewing for other jobs? 

16 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Do you let your bosses and the whole company know when your interviewing for other jobs? 

Well yes, this is obviously the difference with all the media sh1t that comes with football. But once you are that 'list' and its out there on socials, your currently club has to accept that you are likely to speak to them. 

And sometimes in the real world, companies you work for make counter offers, or a willing to make other commitments to your long term goals.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Well yes, this is obviously the difference with all the media sh1t that comes with football. But once you are that 'list' and its out there on socials, your currently club has to accept that you are likely to speak to them. 

And sometimes in the real world, companies you work for make counter offers, or a willing to make other commitments to your long term goals.

So nothing really like your example. Not knocking you pal but unless you work in a high profile industry where your every move is documented in the press and therefore evident to your employers it's nothing like every day folk heading off for a cheeky interview. 

The likelihood in 99% cases a manager goes because he is leaving. Enzo isn't coming back with a "chuck me another 3m a year Top and I'll stay".  Different worlds.

Back to my original point, if he goes for an interview with the intention he wants the job all being well it sends a message to your employers and players for whom the bond has been close that he sees opportunities elsewhere and isn't hiding that now.

Edited by Blanchflower78
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

So nothing really like your example. Not knocking you pal but unless you work in a high profile industry where your every move is documented in the press and therefore evident to your employers it's nothing like every day folk heading off for a cheeky interview. 

The likelihood in 99% cases a manager goes because he is leaving. Enzo isn't coming back with a "chuck me another 3m a year Top and I'll stay".  Different worlds.

Back to my original point, if he goes for an interview with the intention he wants the job all being well it sends a message to your employers and players for whom the bond has been close that he sees opportunities elsewhere and isn't hiding that now.

Even if the Chelsea board tell him they will pick the team?

Surely he has to hear that from them first hand so he knows its really a thing?

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Even if the Chelsea board tell him they will pick the team?

Surely he has to hear that from them first hand so he knows its really a thing?

Do you think the Chelsea board will tell any prospective manager they intend to pick the team? 

Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

Do you think the Chelsea board will tell any prospective manager they intend to pick the team? 

Surely anyone going in for an interview would want clear directives about roles / responsibilities. I would expect questions about transfers, playing style and team selection to be very high up that list.

• Like 1

The important thing here is not to give him a new longer contract on stupid wages like the Club did with Bodgers.  If he wants to go to Chelsea, let him go and find a new Coach that wants to keep us in the EPL.   Just thank our lucky stars Turd Boehly is not the Owner of our Club - if Carlsberg created Bell-ends - there it is.