Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Enzo to Chelsea?

34 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

If he's shown an interest in entering the Chelsea Circus then get shot of him now and get someone in who wants to take up the challenge. 

It's not like we are much less of a circus to be fair. Our financial situation is a joke.

“Have Chelsea made a formal approach to speak to Enzo?” Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. It’s Chelsea! Players from other clubs with years left on their contract get wined and dined  by them after calling in to their clubs sick, it’s what they do.

They’ve de-stabilised us before by letting players know they’re wanted, Chilwell’s self protection cost us Europe, Drinky and Wes left gaping holes too late in the day and were going to be effectively on strike if we refused to sell. Only Kante with his regrettable clause was done early in a way that was least painful for us  i.e. it was expected.

At least this is coming in May not August but don’t expect formality from that cess pit. 

• Like 1

I'm comfortable that Leicester is but a stepping stone. If he is going to be a successful manager. But to go now having only managed 2 clubs for barely more than a season. Then more fool him. History has shown fledgling managers rarely succeed longer term at the big boys. When the new manager bounce wanes. They don't have the experience to fall back on. Sure there are always exceptions. But if his ego tells him he's the man. Then ta ra Enzo. They are just a posh West London Watford. Go enjoy the brief merry go round!!

• Like 2

I get all the reasoning why he'd be a fool to take on the Chelsea job, but if offered it's likely to be a win win situation for him. Either, he is successful at a so called big club and has a career as an elite manager, or he's sacked by Christmas with a huge pay off and his reputation hardly tarnished as this is what Chelsea do to managers. Should it be the latter, I think his stock will be high enough to be appointed at a mid table Prem Club or a decent Championship club or even manage abroad. Staying at Leicester next season is going to be very challenging and could see his stock falling quickly. If this scenario plays out, he may never get the opportunity to manage at the highest level in the future. Financially, moving to Chelsea would probably set him up for life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

I get all the reasoning why he'd be a fool to take on the Chelsea job, but if offered it's likely to be a win win situation for him. Either, he is successful at a so called big club and has a career as an elite manager, or he's sacked by Christmas with a huge pay off and his reputation hardly tarnished as this is what Chelsea do to managers. Should it be the latter, I think his stock will be high enough to be appointed at a mid table Prem Club or a decent Championship club or even manage abroad. Staying at Leicester next season is going to be very challenging and could see his stock falling quickly. If this scenario plays out, he may never get the opportunity to manage at the highest level in the future. Financially, moving to Chelsea would probably set him up for life.

I think it's the case that Chelsea pay unless the released manager gets a new job, I guess thats why Potter still isn't in a job.

Posted (edited)

Not bothered either way tbh. I would be happy if he stays, but he won't have the resources to suit his style of play in the prem and the 10 million compo could be very handy to have before 30 June. 

Edited by scinnell
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

I’d still like him to stay though as we are unlikely to get anyone better. Would be happier with it if we got decent compensation as that could prove very handy. 

I just don’t get Chelsea, it’s quite admirable that they are willing to give a championship manager a chance. But they’ve already shown that they are willing to give anyone time in getting rid of Potter and Poch, so what’s the point in going for people who are going to need to do a lot of learning on the job.

The most annoying thing is that if he’s not too 7 or 8 by Christmas he’ll probably be out in his ear and all the disruption for us will be for nothing. 

Lets get Poch in and finish higher than them next season while also pocketing £10 mil compo, upgrade. Poch had Southampton in the top 10, if the Man utd job isnt available for him and Maresca goes, I dont see any other high profile prem jobs. We are a better long term project than Brighton despite the last 2 years.

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I just don’t get Chelsea, it’s quite admirable that they are willing to give a championship manager a chance. But they’ve already shown that they are willing to give anyone time in getting rid of Potter and Poch, so what’s the point in going for people who are going to need to do a lot of learning on the job.

The most annoying thing is that if he’s not too 7 or 8 by Christmas he’ll probably be out in his ear and all the disruption for us will be for nothing. 

I reckon they have literally looked at what Arteta is doing and thought, we can copy that!

• Like 1

My biggest concern is him sniffing around our players if he does go.

He’ll know the terms of our deal for Fatawu and would know how much we’d accept for Mads, KDH and our youth talent. 

No problem with him going there if that’s what he wants to do - we need to be smart and secure our talent (and possible targets) contractually 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Lets get Poch in and finish higher than them next season while also pocketing £10 mil compo, upgrade. Poch had Southampton in the top 10, if the Man utd job isnt available for him and Maresca goes, I dont see any other high profile prem jobs. We are a better long term project than Brighton despite the last 2 years.

Poch will demand a salary of £150k a week plus.

Also, he'll want European football.

There's absolutely no chance we get him plus i'm not even sure he's worth it. He's dined on never winning anything with one of the best Spurs teams of all time for too long. He's not all that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

He’ll know the terms of our deal for Fatawu and would know how much we’d accept for Mads, KDH and our youth talent. 

No problem with him going there if that’s what he wants to do - we need to be smart and secure our talent (and possible targets) contractually 

The only one I would be worried about if Enzo goes is Mads

Can’t see them going for the likes of Fatawu and KDH when they already have Madueke and Palmer and if they did sign someone they would probably just go “big”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Apparently Chelsea’s transfer policy is done without the coaches input.  I wouldn’t worry about any of our players unless they’d already been highlighted on their radar. And none of our players are turning down a move there irrespective of enzo - neither is our board btw. 

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Unfortunately, as much as I love some of our players, they are not Chelsea standard so I wouldn't be worried. 

• Like 2