Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Enzo to Chelsea?

4 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

My biggest concern is him sniffing around our players if he does go.

He’ll know the terms of our deal for Fatawu and would know how much we’d accept for Mads, KDH and our youth talent. 

No problem with him going there if that’s what he wants to do - we need to be smart and secure our talent (and possible targets) contractually 

None of our players are good enough, fear not.

• Haha 2

On 26/05/2024 at 12:23, Tielemans63 said:

Misread this advice and have been masturbating furiously outside. Now I've really upset the neighbours.

I mean, you could at least have been in the back garden!

• Haha 1

If Enzo goes I’ll only be mildly disappointed. If it means a) we keep KDH and b) we don’t renew Vestergard (good season in this system but likely back to type under a new manager).

If we got in Potter who would be free, don’t have to sell then it would be a massive advantage.

if we lose KDH, Maresca and Vesty renews though which is most likely that’s bloody annoying

7 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

we don’t renew Vestergard

This is a fair point tbh. The second Enzo is out the door I'd be informing Vestergaard the contract extension isn't coming. 

Unless we're going to sign a manager who intends to play exactly the same way, I absolutely don't want him on the books for the new year.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This is a fair point tbh. The second Enzo is out the door I'd be informing Vestergaard the contract extension isn't coming. 

Unless we're going to sign a manager who intends to play exactly the same way, I absolutely don't want him on the books for the new year.

It’s likely that it’s already agreed in principle, as seen with contracts to Matty James and others, unfortunately we’re not ruthless enough to do this.

Edited by westernpark

8 minutes ago, westernpark said:

It’s likely that it’s already agreed in principle, as seen with contracts to Matty James and others, unfortunately we’re not ruthless enough to do this.

Probably. 

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Tbh I can see him wanting Mads 

I'm happy to sell any of our players for the right price. We're not that club any more disrupting the elite, now is about consolidating our position in the PL and financially sorting ourselves out.

1 hour ago, Fox1norfolk said:

No loyalty, LCFC took a punt and gave him his big chance. First offer he’s off!

He's going to Chelsea not Crystal Palace such is the order of things you can't blame him.

He was a great success for this club, got us promoted and we made a profit on him even including his wages. Great business by us.

• Like 2

If Chelsea offer him a deal - then he has to take it.

We can always try to reemploy him next summer, because he won't still be there by then

Honestly I'm shocked Chelsea are going in for him (and rumours are very strong), he took the Championship favourites to the Championship title in his 2nd managerial job (his 1st was a failure). Personally I think he has done a fantastic job with us, but I wasn't expecting serious interest from Big clubs based on it

If he leaves it will be like when Fofana left. Not going to hate them for doing something that’s better for themselves and their families. Turned out to be a good piece of business, too.

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I hope Enzo stays because I'm sure he can take us further.

He'd be foolish to take the Chelsea job under the current system.

I hope we get it sorted this week though and move forward with or without him.

Looks like Enzo is on his way to Chelsea with what I've just read 

• Like 1

Chelsea have Petrovic, Sanchez and Mendy on the books. Doubt they'll be after Mads yet.

Makes more sense to move for him if we're either relegated or he proves himself when we stay up.

And he's got the golden glove.

And a Prem winners medal...

Putting the pipe down...

2 hours ago, Filberts lovechild said:

If Enzo goes I’ll only be mildly disappointed. If it means a) we keep KDH and b) we don’t renew Vestergard (good season in this system but likely back to type under a new manager).

If we got in Potter who would be free, don’t have to sell then it would be a massive advantage.

if we lose KDH, Maresca and Vesty renews though which is most likely that’s bloody annoying

My first thought was no to vesty if he goes 😂