Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

52 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

You’d have to look up Wasserman clients. Rudders be straight on the phone to Johnny Morris and Potter. 

Is there a record for the number of times one club has been  turned down by an out of work manager? 

Jose Mourinho being suggested! If you don’t like Enzo ball then this will have buying piano wire.

Quite like the idea of Potter but not sure his old back room staff with the magic might be available.

Moyes? Urgh feel sorry for him but don’t want a pity appointment.

Hope Enzo stays to be honest.

Oh and anybody that mentioned Potch as an actual possibility needs a head check.

40 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Talk me through why then? I’ve seen a few responses of this nature.

But why “not a chance in hell” given he… currently works for a club our owners own… John Morris is his agent and…. He is desperate to give it another shot in England.

So you really think Top would destabilise OHL. It really would do him no favours what so ever in Belgium. He'd be hated for it by the fans. Just as we would they would be calling for his head.

It would be someone totally underwhelming I know that much. Most likely a possession obsessed man.

If it’s a choice between that, Moyes, or, I dunno, Bielsa, I’d choose the latter. We’re likely to be relegated with this squad and a points deduction. We’ve been relegated before and we’ll be relegated again one day.

But can’t we have a bit of fun for once? Years of negative football and no pride makes Homer something something. Don’t care about results anymore. It’s a dull existence.

I'd take Moyes because I think he's shrewd enough to be able to keep us in the division and stabilise us. However, the club won't go for him. The appointments of Puel, Rodgers and Maresca suggest that the club want us to go in a certain direction which is completely at odds with David Moyes. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

The work Knutsen has done at Bodo is unbelievable. I would be willing to give him a chance.

If he is offered the Chelsea job, then I don't see a scenario where he doesn't take it. 

Sorry, quoted the wrong post. 

Edited by BenTheFox

2 hours ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Enzo isn't going anywhere.  

Some people on here are proper numpties. He's just won us the league, got us promoted first try and people want to see the back of him. FFS

If he is offered the Chelsea job, then I don't see a world where he doesn't take it. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Big fan of this list. 

I reckon van Nistelrooy might come in to the equation too. No PL management experience but impressive at working with and bringing through academy and/or young players at PSV.

Van Nistlerooy did well with PSV but didn’t their players get him sacked because he was a cvnt?

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

Van Nistlerooy did well with PSV but didn’t their players get him sacked because he was a cvnt?

I've tried to find out why he left, general consensus is it was him opting to leave because he didn't like the way the club was ran off the field. I like that about a manager. Challenge them and leave if you don't get what you think is important. Don't hang about for £50m.

Posted (edited)

Danny Röhl pulled off an absolute miracle at Sheffield Wednesday with all that adversity. Would be a risk with him only having managed like 35 games in his career but would definitely be worth considering. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I really cannot warm to Moyes at all.

He did well on the whole in his two spells at West Ham. However, I don't see the club wanting to go for a manager like that. Also, it has to be mentioned that his season at Sunderland was a disaster. 

Edited by BenTheFox

1 hour ago, Product of 84 said:

I'd love to see Mark Robins given a chance. 

I don't think anyone has mentioned Gareth Southgate. He could be available after the Summer. He will want to prove he can do it in the Prem. I'm not sure tho.

Our current owners have a history of making appointments that are not obvious. So it won't be a name anyone has mentioned.

On the whole he's done a brilliant job at Cov, but I think he genuinely underachieved in the league last season. Cov have a better squad than Norwich and West Brom who made the play-offs. He had a top 6 championship squad in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

He did well on the whole in his two spells at West Ham. However, I don't see the club wanting to go for a manager like that. Also, it has to be mentioned that his season at Sunderland was a disaster. 

I get the sense that he would think he is too big for us as a name and reputation.

19 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I'm telling you. Top is a big fan of Southgate. 

Right, that's twice you've said it... third time and he shows up like a fcuking boring Candyman!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Jose Mourinho being suggested! If you don’t like Enzo ball then this will have buying piano wire.

Quite like the idea of Potter but not sure his old back room staff with the magic might be available.

Moyes? Urgh feel sorry for him but don’t want a pity appointment.

Hope Enzo stays to be honest.

Oh and anybody that mentioned Potch as an actual possibility needs a head check.

I was joking about Mourinho!

• Haha 1