Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

No chance the board will go for Moyes. They'd be ripping up their whole philosophy to go for him. Don't think Cooper fits either. Potter has been linked to England so can see him assessing his options after the euros. 

Posted (edited)

Looks increasingly likely Enzo is gone. I’d go for someone like Robins, Potter, or Corberan… just not Scott Parker, please.

Carrick and Knutsen also reasonable shouts.

Edited by FoxesWalk

This is the issue with people getting excited about Enzo going - there's no ready made replacement. Cooper? No thanks. Potter? No chance. Moyes? See Cooper. Rosenior? Unproven. Robins? See Rosenior. At least Enzo has actually won something. 

11 minutes ago, sbfox said:

This is the issue with people getting excited about Enzo going - there's no ready made replacement. Cooper? No thanks. Potter? No chance. Moyes? See Cooper. Rosenior? Unproven. Robins? See Rosenior. At least Enzo has actually won something. 

Enzo was unproven when we appointed him. 

• Like 1

I reckon they’ll try for Potter but he’s turned bigger jobs than this down, quite possibly been tipped off by the FA about England job being his for the taking. Don’t think Moyes would feature in owners thinking but he may fancy 6 months off anyway… Unless he fancies coming in with Heitinga for a year and then passing it on. 

After this you would think it’s finishing in championship circles so depending what happens to McKenna, could be a shortlist of Rob Edwards, Corberan or Robins. If we don’t go for a manager who can grind us out a 17th place finish we are going to need someone who’s going to stick around and remould a young squad around Nelson, Braybrooke, Briggs etc if we do come down next season. 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Potter, but don't think we'll get him.

Mark Robins I've wanted for years.

Mark Robins would be a gamble, if we were in the championship he may feature on the shortlist. But I would want someone of higher caliber.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Moyes has won the Europa Conference league.. 

Over 1,000 games managed and that's all he has though

Edited by Mark
actually he won league one once

If it’s going to be a possession coach then Knutsen and Corberan fit the bill, as does Carrick. 

I especially like Corberan as he is flexible and can play low blocks and play direct football.

He mixes it up with 3 and 4 at the back in the right scenarios. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Over 1,000 games managed and that's all he has though

He’s experienced, had several top half finishes with loads of prem teams, for me he’s the standout candidate and most realistic without breaking the bank financially speaking.

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Mark Robins would be a gamble, if we were in the championship he may feature on the shortlist. But I would want someone of higher caliber.

Yeah I think you're right, I'd like to see him at another team other than Cov for a while, might be one of those who does well at 1 club but not elsewhere.