Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

17 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Firstly, the whole point of football at this level is winning. Doesn't matter how. Secondly, we won't see a useful penny of any 'compensation'. It'll be used to pay down debt. 

When you travel the country watching the most dull, uninspiring turd that guy serves up, winning goes out of the window.

Yes it's all stats and results for the current crop of stat obsessed managers. But we're fans, we want to watch entertainment, we want to see excitement. 

Not sure why anyone in their right mind would take the job, however, if by some miracle we can make it happen it has to be Graham Potter for me. 

We might need a magic wand and a couple of spells to convince him though.. 🧙‍♂️

• Like 2

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

I'd rather take Mourihno if Moyes is even an option. 

Mourinho would be amazing, I think he would relish a chance to build a club but I think he will end up in international management next, I actually fancy him to take over England. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I expect they will try for Potter but hopefully they don't just piss around for weeks trying to convince him to join just for him to say no, move on quickly if he isn't really up for it

6th June will be when we officially become a Prem team and will be able to start doing business, need to have someone sorted before then so we can get started straight away

if they havent already asked his agent then something is massively wrong at the club

Potter is the dream imo - from the midlands which may help but would take a lot to convince him due to our financial situation and probable points deduction.

Rob Edward’s might be tempted. Was impressed with him last season, may again depend on how we can sell it to him and how emotionally attached he is at Luton.

Aside from them I would go Cooper, Carrick or Robins. Think they would all roll their sleeves up and be up for a scrap.

• Like 1

We need stability and someone who will work with a sensible budget but recognise that primary job is to keep us up next season and then build - genuinely don’t think EM would have had a chance here next season as he is wed to one way and whilst that is admirable our players struggled to adapt in the championship and the next step is huge.

pragmatism suggests a David Moyes who brings a huge wealth of experience and kept an Everton side up for years and also turned the hammers into a decent side - if we could attract him I would definitely go for him - he knows this division like the back of his hand and with Nolan would bring the squad together and wheel and deal fantastically - Bowen, Paqueta were jewels he found and whilst his football can be mediocre he will get results and I think he will be really motivated for one last gig and sticking it up the hammers will drive him!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If we could afford to buyout another manager using the Enzo money, I truly believe Andoni Iraola will be one of the best "young" managers in Europe in the coming years and is guaranteed a big club in the next few seasons. Rocky start at Bournemouth but they improved massively.

Edited by cityfanlee23

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Mourinho would be amazing, I think he would relish a chance to build a club but I think he will end up in international management next, I actually fancy him to take over England. 

Really? The legend of 'Mou' is over. A total had been now - more stubborn than Enzo and incredibly limited success recently with the resources available to him. 

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

if they havent already asked his agent then something is massively wrong at the club

They should have a pretty good idea already if Potter is up for it as he has the same agent as Enzo, Vardy, KDH, Hamza, and Oscar Garcia (Leuven manager)

2 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

When you travel the country watching the most dull, uninspiring turd that guy serves up, winning goes out of the window.

Yes it's all stats and results for the current crop of stat obsessed managers. But we're fans, we want to watch entertainment, we want to see excitement. 

Gotta disagree there. Much rather see us scrape survival playing dour football than get relegated after a season of 4-3 losses. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VictorFox said:

Plenty of top managers abroad that would 100% come, I don’t trust our board to know any of them though 

Like who? If you're 100% sure

Just now, don_danbury said:

Potter being overhyped again. Bang average at Brighton and failed at Chelsea 

He definitely wasn't bang average at Brighton and if he was I'd like him to come here and be equally bang average 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Don't get the snobbery towards Moyes at all. We're going to need someone who knows how what this league is all about, not somebody learning on the job. 

His style of football is complaints from West Ham are standard West Ham fans, not the West Ham way, which for the last 20 years has been yo-yoing between the leagues, Moyes is the only bloke who has steadied the ship, got them into Europe 3 times and won a European trophy, all more to his CV than the likes of Corberan, Carrick, Potter etc. 

Think we either have 2 options, almost accept our fate is relegation and go for someone who will stick around for a rebuild in the Championship, or try get someone in who could keep us up and steady the ship for a few turbulent years to give us a platform to build.

I agree.

Moyes would be a solid appointment, but not an exciting one.

The likelihood is, however, that we’ll start with a points deduction, not much money to spend and be fighting to stay up. A pragmatic manager might just be what we need 

1 minute ago, sbfox said:

Really? The legend of 'Mou' is over. A total had been now - more stubborn than Enzo and incredibly limited success recently with the resources available to him. 

Yeah I'll admit me wanting Mourinho is more of a gut feeling rather than a well planned strategy :D

Never liked Moyes, but even I can respect what he has done over his career, and he would be a decent appointment for where we are now. 

I'd prefer someone else though, but would feel confident of staying up with a Moyes in control. Ugh, still feels a bit yucky saying that!