Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I don't think this is true personally, the club would of made some sort of plans to create money whether that be through player sales etc. The compensation for Enzo was unexpected and would not have been accounted for, paying £4-5m for a new staff team would still leave us £5-6m in the profit. I would like to think the club are not stupid, next season is just as vital as the season just been, I can't see them picking a lesser option for the sake of a couple of million, I genuinely think they would rather sell KDH than go that route. 

I can not help but realise you are very negative at the minute Fin, everything okay?

The club had an internal investigation as to why we got relegated last season and the only person to lose their job was the goalkeeper coach  

20 hours ago, richardsfoxes said:

@ramadaone Who do you think will replace him?

I'm reliably informed its going to be a local bloke called Dick Stair ( apologies if spelling is incorrect )

Apparently he has a a bit of a cult following ( again apologies if spelling is wrong ) from his radio popcast 

His in depth coaching and managerial in sights are aired as a 5 second slot every four weeks should you wish to hear more.

Know the u21 and Academy staff are all looking forward to being involved in the initiation ceremony which involves the use of lots of sharp instruments and lube apparently. They are also keen to hear after he has insisted in loaning out 27 under 21's / 18's how the feck they are supposed to furfil any games never mind be competitive

His knowledge of potential transfer targets is well touted and deserves respect ( the only element of this post that might be remotely true )

If for any reason Dick doesn't take the job then Cooper might be your man solely based on the fact that he is free

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ramadaone said:

I'm reliably informed its going to be a local bloke called Dick Stair ( apologies if spelling is incorrect )

Apparently he has a a bit of a cult following ( again apologies if spelling is wrong ) from his radio popcast 

His in depth coaching and managerial in sights are aired as a 5 second slot every four weeks should you wish to hear more.

Know the u21 and Academy staff are all looking forward to being involved in the initiation ceremony which involves the use of lots of sharp instruments and lube apparently. They are also keen to hear after he has insisted in loaning out 27 under 21's / 18's how the feck they are supposed to furfil any games never mind be competitive

His knowledge of potential transfer targets is well touted and deserves respect ( the only element of this post that might be remotely true )

If for any reason Dick doesn't take the job then Cooper might be your man solely based on the fact that he is free

WOOOOOO! 

2 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Steve Cooper wouldn’t be the worst appointment- unless I have missed a joke here 😂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, the draper said:

You think that stuff last year was elite ? 

It was awful at times 

Painful infect 

Who ever comes in will be better equipped than Enzo was for a dog fight 

He only had one plan 

I  think that is the reason he is going because he thinks the fan base is unapprecative  and getting 97 points and folks saying it was dreadful at times  just wouldnt happen at most clubs   although  this is one of the few clubs like West Ham where results are not the only thing considered. As a goldien oldie I must confess that the entertainment given in past decades was much more appreciated  even when not winning 

23 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

lol Thought he was German.

Anyway someone that plays his style would be good.

This Glasner 'love in' is way too early! He had a great run of results... But he's only done what Craig Shakespeare did for us in 2016/17. Time will tell if he can carry getting the same results when people get used to his style.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Straight back down,

Straight back down,

Leicester City

Straight back down,

Straight back down,

I Say

Straight back down,

Straight back down,

Leicester City

Playing football the Lampard way

Are you alright mate? Always check the expiry date. 

• Haha 2

It'll be Corberan. Feel like we're more likely to attract a manager from the championship instead of someone like Potter who will view himself as bigger than the job. It's gonna be a tall order for whoever takes it

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

It'll be Corberan. Feel like we're more likely to attract a manager from the championship instead of someone like Potter who will view himself as bigger than the job. It's gonna be a tall order for whoever takes it

Moyes would be better imo.

14 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

This Glasner 'love in' is way too early! He had a great run of results... But he's only done what Craig Shakespeare did for us in 2016/17. Time will tell if he can carry getting the same results when people get used to his style.

Yea but I mean the type of style he is playing would probably suit us.

Nothing like Shakespeare lol 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Moyes would be better imo.

You may well be right. I'm not necessarily saying I want it to be Corberan.

One thing is for sure the appointment won't please everybody. I'm always inclined for us to look at the long term and have a manager with a clear vision but under the circumstances a couple of shorter term appointments might make sense for us. Enzo has performed his remit. The next managers only requirement will be to keep us up and then the next will be to solidify us in the premier league. Moyes might be a safer pair of hands for the next part of our journey but I can guarantee the fans won't like it

If whoever does come it gets us a 17th place finish it needs to be appreciated by the fans as a brilliant job

Edited by foxfanazer

A manager like Moyes wouldn't want to be a temporary manager. He'd want a longer term project.

We don't need an interim manager - we need one for now, and the future.

7 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

If you post this on Twitter Dan you’ll get Graham Brock slide into your DM’s telling you how wrong you are. 

Which is usually a sign that you're completely right of course.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pkonline said:

A manager like Moyes wouldn't want to be a temporary manager. He'd want a longer term project.

Which by extension, means a manager who won't jump ship when we (almost certainly) get relegated again.

Wolfgang Wolf managed Wolfsberg to success. Arsene Wenger won trophies with Arsenal. Our destiny is therefore in the hands of Sheffield United and Wales coach Jack Lester. As long as Stefan Kuntz doesn't join Forest we'll be fine.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The reason Potter seems unrealistic for me, is because if he accepts a job, I believe he stop’s receiving his pay off from Chelsea.

Cant see someone giving that up for a relegation fight starting with minus points. 

We will get someone who either is on a big downward trajectory, with prem experience or someone who has never been tested in the prem before. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if after the success of enzo we look at someone’s number 2 and the obvious option would have been pep Lijnders, so the timing of him going to salzburg is a bit disappointing. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

Does the new manager get the full season regardless of how we're doing?

Imo it would take something disastrous (Derby's record low points) for it to be justifiable to sack whoever it is

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The reason Potter seems unrealistic for me, is because if he accepts a job, I believe he stop’s receiving his pay off from Chelsea.

Cant see someone giving that up for a relegation fight starting with minus points. 

We will get someone who either is on a big downward trajectory, with prem experience or someone who has never been tested in the prem before. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if after the success of enzo we look at someone’s number 2 and the obvious option would have been pep Lijnders, so the timing of him going to salzburg is a bit disappointing. 

Had no idea Potter was being paid by Chelsea until he accepted another job? Would make sense why he’s been unemployed for so long.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MPH said:

It's always been the Leicester way to save on transfer fees and compensation.. go for players who are either out of contract or running down their contract.  we will likely do that with our managers too , considering we ARE in quite a financial predicament..

Our last but one appointment cost the club considerable money to be fair

Edited by CosbehFox

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Had no idea Potter was being paid by Chelsea until he accepted another job? Would make sense why he’s been unemployed for so long.

It’s a common release clause for most top level coaches now. 

So Chelsea will be paying out for Potter, Poch etc 

It’s one of the reasons Alan Curbishley never took another job in football apparently.

Edited by Sly
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Yep - though It doesn’t always work like that 

contracts vary

and managers can do a severance deal 

but generally, the sacked coach can claim the balance of his contract be paid over its period - clubs usually are spared this outlay because they get a new job 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, pkonline said:

Have to disagree, if the owners decide to sell up in the next season or two an interim manager is best.

• Haha 1

Just now, Sly said:

It’s a common release clause for most top level coaches now. 

So Chelsea will be paying out for Potter, Poch etc 

It’s one of the reasons Alan Curbishley never took another job in football apparently.

Is that why big clubs take a chance on these managers now? Just looks like another way to nullify the smaller clubs by making these managers who could do a good job for a club of our size basically unable to take it for financial reasons.

Maybe I just don't understand it enough so apologies if I'm waffling