Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

Then barely survived (without a points deduction) and got sacked.

I honestly don’t think anyone will make Forest thrive with the way their club is set up. Nuno won’t last long next season. 

• Like 2

It would never happen, but it'd be great to see if Cambiasso could make a great manager. Out of nowhere really he could come in, keep us up, stick around (hopefully) for 2 or 3 years, have us challenging for the lower European places and then end up at Inter 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Those against cooper should remember that he took Forest from bottom of the championship to the premier league within the same season.

Was then given about 40 average players and was able to put a side together that stayed up at our expense.

By all accounts a decent coach, was dealing with an absolute lunatic of an owner and inspired his team to always give their all 

What's his style / approach? What makes him a decent coach? How will he be able to utilise what we have. Forest looked nothing more than a mess in the PL so i think we have to look beyond just his promotion season and understand why he might try and do.

Edited by Chelmofox

6 minutes ago, the draper said:

Peak Rudkin 

They have known for over a week he is going and  it seems Rudkin has no one lined up or even scoped out 

Not that I'm a fan of Rudkin but a week is nothing considering they were not expecting him to leave. It's not a football game where he just says right we want xxx as the replacement lets go and get him.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Whoever takes over, we as supporters need to back them from the off. Vital that for any chance of survival, everyone is pulling in the same direction. 

Cooper may not be everyone’s cup of team but he has previously achieved what we need to do next year - survive. I think we have a much better chance of doing so with Cooper than we would have had with Enzo

Cooper would be the most depressing appointment imaginable! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not that I'm a fan of Rudkin but a week is nothing considering they were not expecting him to leave. It's not a football game where he just says right we want xxx as the replacement lets go and get him.

I think Rudkin and the board should always have an idea of replacements for whoever our manager is, its just good forward planning

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It would never happen, but it'd be great to see if Cambiasso could make a great manager. Out of nowhere really he could come in, keep us up, stick around (hopefully) for 2 or 3 years, have us challenging for the lower European places and then end up at Inter 

he hasn't done anything in management at any level since his retirement.... I'm not sure i'm keen on "giving him a go" to see if he could be amazing.  He could be the next Lampard, Gerrard or Rooney for all know. 

For the situation we are in, my personal opinion is that we need an experienced manager, who has dealt with teams in the mire, able to grind out results and THEN build from there. 

It fees like it's going to be a pretty ugly few years as a Leicester fan. 

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Yep, would be greeted with as much enthusiasm as Gary Megson was.

• Like 1

Just now, Samilktray said:

I think Rudkin and the board should always have an idea of replacements for whoever our manager is, its just good forward planning

Yes, but it's obvious we don't do this the Chelsea why and plaster every movement over social media. The odd name has been floated around socials (Corberan is coming up a lot). Suggest we will likely get a much better understanding early next week. Enzo and the comp hasn't been sorted yet.

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

That’s a massive overreaction.

He has the profile that could suit our predicament next season. First and foremost we need a manager that can galvanise and motivate. He’d have no problem with that part of the job.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Every business of any scale, will and should have a succession plan for the eventuality that key personnel leave.  traditionally this is looking at internal people who may be ready to step up into their role or building networks with external candidates that would fit the profile required. 

Clearly, as an industry, football is much more externally focused, but it is entirely inexcusable that we wouldn't at least have a list of potential candidates that we could approach for just the sort of scenario that has played out. 

it may well be, that that type of list DOES exist.... but our typical approach to hiring managers in the past suggests that it doesn't. 

There's a lot worse managers out there than Cooper. He ha both Premiership and Championship experience. Also know for bringing youth players threw into the the first team . He may not be everyone's first choice but we need back who ever comes in. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

For clarity, I absolutely do not want Steve Cooper to be our manager, and he would be well down my list of realistic appointments.

However, there would be much more depressing…

scott parker

frank lampard

steven gerrard

sam allardyce

roy hodgeson

steve bruce

brendan Rodgers

should I go on?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dooflip said:

For clarity, I absolutely do not want Steve Cooper to be our manager, and he would be well down my list of realistic appointments.

However, there would be much more depressing…

scott parker

frank lampard

steven gerrard

sam allardyce

roy hodgeson

steve bruce

brendan Rodgers

should I go on?

Yes please.....I need a laugh 🤣 

9 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

Every business of any scale, will and should have a succession plan for the eventuality that key personnel leave.  traditionally this is looking at internal people who may be ready to step up into their role or building networks with external candidates that would fit the profile required. 

Clearly, as an industry, football is much more externally focused, but it is entirely inexcusable that we wouldn't at least have a list of potential candidates that we could approach for just the sort of scenario that has played out. 

it may well be, that that type of list DOES exist.... but our typical approach to hiring managers in the past suggests that it doesn't. 

I'm not doubting that but it's just a list. The next task of approaching a club for the manager(s), I imagine to be more tricky than how people like to explain it on the internet.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not doubting that but it's just a list. The next task of approaching a club for the manager(s), I imagine to be more tricky than how people like to explain it on the internet.

It's not really though is it..... each of those manages has an agent.... part of the process of managing that list is to know who the agents are, build strong relationships with them and then speak to them if a vacancy arises.... 

48 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Ffs

Is this nailed on?

One of the first to throw his hat in the ring .

Cooper Wouldn't be my pick and not sure how the recruitment team would see this but at least someone is interested!