Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

32 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

The only problem I have with RVN is like most of the Dutch he’s a mardy bastard, would Vardy or most of the squad put up with it when on a losing streak?

I’ve got serious doubts that Vardy will stay anyway now we’re being forced into changing manager. Might just take a pay day in the states, depends if the club see any point in keeping him for the sake of 12 months or view it as another fresh start.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

I’ve got serious doubts that Vardy will stay anyway now we’re being forced into changing manager. Might just take a pay day in the states, depends if the club see any point in keeping him for the sake of 12 months or view it as another fresh start.

Bit annoying as I think just this one season would be reasonable in terms of any potential transition into the prem, might prove futile if we go down regardless 

Must admit far more excited about a relative unknown like RVN, than a Moyes or Cooper. 

Van Nistelrooy with Heitinga as his assistant would do for me.

Not how it works but hear me out… Both Dutch, both with a similar possession based game plan, one a former forward, the other a former CB. Make it happen Rudkin. 

27 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Vardy is wily old fox and has seen many managers come and go, and he won't be stupid enough to have banked the next year of his career on Enzo. Deep down, some of Vardy's comments have been positive about Enzo's attitude, but a few times he's said 'tried to implement his style', 'tried to implement his project', but we know Vardy had to galvanise this bunch to get us over the line, so he knows next year under Enzo would have been just has hard as anyone else.

Vardy will stay if the money is right. Thats all.

20 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Must admit far more excited about a relative unknown like RVN, than a Moyes or Cooper. 

Van Nistelrooy with Heitinga as his assistant would do for me.

Not how it works but hear me out… Both Dutch, both with a similar possession based game plan, one a former forward, the other a former CB. Make it happen Rudkin. 

With Rudkin in control we are more likely to sign Gouda and Edam from Holland.

• Haha 2

Another name suggested by the press is Phillipe Clement. Well up to probably February id have said decent shout, but Rangers form had dipped massively up to the end of the season. I wouldn't be too sure on this one.

15 hours ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

He left PSV due to lack of backing and he’s gonna join a club on minus points with a management team that lied to the previous manager about finances and ability to sign players. Think he may swerve us . . 

He left PSV because the board sanctioned the sale of Gakpo & Madueke in January when they were in with a shout of the title. 

He’s also been out of work for a year and PSV just won the title so his stock has probably gone down a little. Wouldn’t be impossible and we should go all out for him IMO. 

RVN does seem like down beat guy, i'm sure it might have been other factors maybe effecting him at the time? to give those Vibes.  But Another I would not rule out is Jose Mourinho.  The guy is class.  He's got one more project to excite the world with.  He's only 61.  He's not a dinosaur in my eyes.  Jose for a few seasons , is exactly what we need to firstly crawl out this points deduction rubbish.  Jose .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, teblin said:

RVN seems like a massive gamble to me, but I guess no more than Enzo.

Cooper isn''t as bad as people are making out, but does seem like a step back to me.

RvN would be a gamble but has pedigree and started his managerial career relatively successfully. Plays good football, promotes academy players and is a big name so could attract some good players.

Cooper is garbage. Had near unlimited funds at Forest and still almost got them relegated. They were turgid away from home too under him. No thank you. Would genuinely rather have Moyes than Cooper (and I think Moyes would be the complete wrong appointment).