Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Watching the Coaches Voice with Ruud, he seems a right miserable bugger. Dutch I guess.

The Dutch are some of the funniest and most likable lot I've met.

Even if Ruud isn't 😐

Great accent for schexy football interviewsch 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Shiv , you have to remember he's 61, not a dinosaur , others might see it as has been.  When people think like that, which most do, Jose is like picking up a Harrod expensive pen, on ebay nowadays, people can't get over the age thing.  This is where you pick up a bargain, won't command peak Jose wages too.  He can work with what we have easily

Just now, Foxes with Sprit said:

Shiv , you have to remember he's 61, not a dinosaur , others might see it as has been.  When people think like that, which most do, Jose is like picking up a Harrod expensive pen, on ebay nowadays, people can't get over the age thing.  This is where you pick up a bargain, won't command peak Jose wages too.  He can work with what we have easily

He absolutely will command peak Jose wages and is probably next in line for the Portugal or England job. No chance whatsoever. He’s more likely to go to Saudi than to join us. 

Realistically we need someone who's prepared to build and manage us in the Championship the following season as it's looking like a tough ask with the points deduction.

Some of the names mentioned won't want to do that, so i reckon it's a pretty limited choice

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but it's my understanding that we can't buy any new players or even sign any current player new contracts until our promotion is ratified at a Premier League meeting at end of June. And even then that depends on the Prem not imposing their own restrictions on us. Presumably this also extends to management / coaching staff? Anyone know anything more about this?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Listen to one of his post match interviews

The one after we thrashed them was a a cracker. Absolutely delusional about his side's performance in the first half and then had a total meltdown. He's so overly emotional and not in a fiery way but he speaks with no composure and comes off like a whiny little child

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

The Dutch are some of the funniest and most likable lot I've met.

Even if Ruud isn't 😐

Great accent for schexy football interviewsch 

And that famous Dutch speaking manager McClaren?

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness, Jose Mourinho's career goes only one of two directions now really. 

He either retires or he takes increasingly worse jobs until he is just managing mid table and bottom half teams with no chance of European qualification. 

He's done at the highest level. The tactical revolutions brought on across Europe by pioneers like Guardiola and Klopp have completely exposed Mourinho's short comings. 

Even though he seemed to get back a little bit of his old self at Roma, the football they played was largely horrific and could only take them so far at the higher end of the league. 

I'm not being funny when I say I wouldn't want him here. I would much, much rather we take a punt on another up and coming coach a la Enzo. 

I get what your saying about being exposed, by Klopp and co.  But Jose has never been a master tactician , he works on mentality.  Run through walls mentality, like Porto, Chelsea, Benafica.  Jose is a bargain I think to be had.  Problem with all these up and coming young managers, is they get a once of respect, big clubs swoop in and take them, as they are young and hungry.  Jose? been there done that, he want's a project to say to the world f u, I am still the special one.  He has also said many times interviews, he doesn't like national level management, he had England, Portugal offer on the table and never took it.  Jose=bargain basement offer

13 minutes ago, MonarchFox said:

Realistically we need someone who's prepared to build and manage us in the Championship the following season as it's looking like a tough ask with the points deduction.

I'm getting fed up of our fans repeating the corrupt Football authority playbook.

We aren't relegated, we don't know the deduction,  it's unlikely to be more than 9 points.

We just need to win as many games as possible. Forest will be down there, possibly others. We need to stop with this already defeated attitude! We are Leicester City and we are going to show these *****! 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Was about to say name a striker who’s been a good manager then googled Sir Alex. 

Brian Clough had a fantastic record as a striker in fairness

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Gloria said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but it's my understanding that we can't buy any new players or even sign any current player new contracts until our promotion is ratified at a Premier League meeting at end of June. And even then that depends on the Prem not imposing their own restrictions on us. Presumably this also extends to management / coaching staff? Anyone know anything more about this?

We can buy and renew as many players and contracts as we like just can't register them with the efl but that dosent matter as we will not be in the efl next season

Edited by lcfcbluearmy

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Torten said:

With the potential points deduction, we need someone who would be willing to rebuild in the second tier. If we want to be the best team in the championship next year, we have to appoint Daniel Farke.

Unfortunately, for us, I think Daniel Farke has negotiated a long term contract with Leeds to make them the best team in the Championship - every year for the next five years! 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I'm getting fed up of our fans repeating the corrupt Football authority playbook.

We aren't relegated, we don't know the deduction,  it's unlikely to be more than 9 points.

We just need to win as many games as possible. Forest will be down there, possibly others. We need to stop with this already defeated attitude! We are Leicester City and we are going to show these *****! 

Hmm, I get the sentiment - But I would also like the club to at least consider the fact we might be back in the Championship again next season.

Proactive rather than reactive 'n all that.

Doesn't mean we have to go into this season just resigned to finishing in the bottom 3.

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness, Jose Mourinho's career goes only one of two directions now really. 

He either retires or he takes increasingly worse jobs until he is just managing mid table and bottom half teams with no chance of European qualification. 

He's done at the highest level. The tactical revolutions brought on across Europe by pioneers like Guardiola and Klopp have completely exposed Mourinho's short comings. 

Even though he seemed to get back a little bit of his old self at Roma, the football they played was largely horrific and could only take them so far at the higher end of the league. 

I'm not being funny when I say I wouldn't want him here. I would much, much rather we take a punt on another up and coming coach a la Enzo. 

Obviously you're right.

...but imagine it! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Torten said:

With the potential points deduction, we need someone who would be willing to rebuild in the second tier. If we want to be the best team in the championship next year, we have to appoint Daniel Farke.

He can't manage in the Premier League though.  My mates a Norwich season ticket holder reckons he's great in the Championship, pants in the Prem

• Like 1
  • Sad 1