Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

9 minutes ago, Torten said:

With the potential points deduction, we need someone who would be willing to rebuild in the second tier. If we want to be the best team in the championship next year, we have to appoint Daniel Farke.

:revenge:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We can buy and renew as many players and contracts as we like just can't register them with the efl but that dosent matter as we will not be in the efl next season

Sure, but we're not exactly squeaky clean in the eyes of the EPL either...

Just now, Gloria said:

Sure, but we're not exactly squeaky clean in the eyes of the EPL either...

Yes but they don't give out registration bans or at least haven't previously/ have indicated they won't. They prefer fines/ points deductions 

56 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Watching the Coaches Voice with Ruud, he seems a right miserable bugger. Dutch I guess.

Most cutting personalities in Europe. Straight to the point and don’t suffer fools gladly

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Was about to say name a striker who’s been a good manager then googled Sir Alex. 

Arguably the hottest property in world management at the moment (Inzaghi) is also a former striker

I think Jose comes wed have another claudio. I do think wed surprise a few a may win summit. Even the league cup. His record at most, he does a win a cup. Think you know with Jose though hed have one good season and likely terrible second and most be sacked halfway through season two. 

At present id be surprised if Jose be interested.

Has he gone yet ? Seems to be taking forever ! i thought compo and his contract had been agreed .....Wouldn't it be funny if Chelsea had a  last minute change of heart and he try's to come back cap in hand lol 

4 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Yes but they don't give out registration bans or at least haven't previously/ have indicated they won't. They prefer fines/ points deductions 

🤞🤞

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, VintageFox73 said:

Has he gone yet ? Seems to be taking forever ! i thought compo and his contract had been agreed .....Wouldn't it be funny if Chelsea had a  last minute change of heart and he try's to come back cap in hand lol 

And some would welcome him back with open arms...Blokes twerked for a move out clearly :thumbdown: (I don't blame him for leaving the mess our board has created btw, just can't see how you take him back now)

Edited by TheGoldenGod
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, VintageFox73 said:

Wouldn't be surprised 😳 

47 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Was about to say name a striker who’s been a good manager then googled Sir Alex. 

or Brian Clough! 

42 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness, Jose Mourinho's career goes only one of two directions now really. 

He either retires or he takes increasingly worse jobs until he is just managing mid table and bottom half teams with no chance of European qualification. 

He's done at the highest level. The tactical revolutions brought on across Europe by pioneers like Guardiola and Klopp have completely exposed Mourinho's short comings. 

Even though he seemed to get back a little bit of his old self at Roma, the football they played was largely horrific and could only take them so far at the higher end of the league. 

I'm not being funny when I say I wouldn't want him here. I would much, much rather we take a punt on another up and coming coach a la Enzo. 

I agree about not wanting him here, but his last 4 clubs have been Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Roma. To think he will suddenly not get a single offer from a club competing in Europe is a little naive. There’s absolutely no way he considers a club like us at this stage of his career. Why would he come to a club with FFP issues, a potentially huge points deduction and a clown of a DoF? His stock hasn’t fallen that much just yet. Maybe in 5 years we’ll see him managing mid-table teams but can’t see that happening any time soon tbh. 

31 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Most cutting personalities in Europe. Straight to the point and don’t suffer fools gladly

Ah - that explains why I never got past passport control at Schiphol!!  :P

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ah - that explains why I never got past passport control at Schiphol!!  :P

That or the kilo of weed in your case.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, westernpark said:

Something really uncomfortable about us hiring a manager who is a month younger than me.

I was talking to my mate about exactly this yesterday. I remember being sad when players started playing for England younger than me, now we’re talking about managers younger than me. **** my life

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, shiv said:

I agree about not wanting him here, but his last 4 clubs have been Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Roma. To think he will suddenly not get a single offer from a club competing in Europe is a little naive. There’s absolutely no way he considers a club like us at this stage of his career. Why would he come to a club with FFP issues, a potentially huge points deduction and a clown of a DoF? His stock hasn’t fallen that much just yet. Maybe in 5 years we’ll see him managing mid-table teams but can’t see that happening any time soon tbh. 

This.

Absolutely pie in the sky to think he’d consider coming here.

1 hour ago, Foxes with Sprit said:

he works on mentality. 

This is what I was referring to about getting his old self back at Roma. Frank Lampard and John Terry would have run through walls for The Special One. There's a great, typically Zlatan, quote from Ibra where he says something like "Guardiola made me a house cat but Mourinho made me feel like a lion."

Fostering togetherness, a siege mentality and a win at all cost spirit was definitely his greatest strength. But somewhere between his first and second spells at Chelsea he lost it. I genuinely believe he lost a lot of his spirit, I know his dad got very ill during this time and I'm not sure if he's still alive but it seemed to have a significant impact on Mourinho as a personality. He got a lot more bitter and a lot less cheeky. 

The net result was that cluster **** with the medical staff at Chelsea and Eva Carneiro or what you saw at United, chucking his players under the bus, turning on his own squad, openly bullying Luke Shaw. It was difficult to watch. Clearly he wasn't right. He didn't seem to get any of his old self back until he got to Roma where they genuinely loved him. 

But even then, I stick to what I said about football moving on and the tactics in the sport going through significant revolution. It's not enough to be an upmarket Tony Pulis anymore, you need to be smart. Ironically, largely because people like Mourinho have done so well modernising defensive tactics and organisation, you need to have good methods these days to break down a stubborn side and the irony is he doesn't. He's literally a victim of his own success. 

Mourinho football now is dour, unproductive, slow, boring and ultimately doomed to mediocrity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torten said:

With the potential points deduction, we need someone who would be willing to rebuild in the second tier. If we want to be the best team in the championship next year, we have to appoint Daniel Farke.

Same manager who didn't get promoted this season?

Or is this a wind up? I'm not so sure anymore considering I've just seen posts with Mourinho named. Good grief.

• Like 2