Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

40 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Seriously, why wouldn't some have Cooper?

Obviously the Forest link and a risky football idealism, but he'll have something to prove after his Forest stint plus no compensation to pay for the services.

Agreed

I really hope it isn’t Cooper.

i know the forest fans found it hard to let him go, but that’s more because he got them up after two decades out the top flight.

A championship manager, not for me at all. 

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Some on here think we have huge options and can afford to take a massive risk on relatively unproven foreign managers. 

We’re broke, haven’t got a pot to piss in so if it’s Cooper the rational will be pragmatism and working on a limited budget. 

My first choice would be Corberan but if the talk in the press is we can’t even afford his buyout (after getting Enzo money) we’re scraping the barrel. 

We are where we are still paying for the bad decisions. 

Oh yes, let's not take a risk with unproven managers but let's get Cooper! Wtf is Cooper? Oh wait, he was sacked by Forest, he's done nothing in his managerial career and I'd rather watch paint dry than have this fraud as a manager. 

You make it sound like we are doomed financially, on a brink of full collapse or whatever. If this is the case why on earth the board decided it was a good time to get promoted? 

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Cooper would be a disaster I would rather have big sam

Lol

No you wouldn't

9 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Some on here think we have huge options and can afford to take a massive risk on relatively unproven foreign managers. 

We’re broke, haven’t got a pot to piss in so if it’s Cooper the rational will be pragmatism and working on a limited budget. 

My first choice would be Corberan but if the talk in the press is we can’t even afford his buyout (after getting Enzo money) we’re scraping the barrel. 

Cooper has a very poor record in The Premier League. I’d rather have an unknown quantity (like Enzo was) than someone we have already seen fail. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Cooper has a very poor record in The Premier League. I’d rather have an unknown quantity (like Enzo was) than someone we have already seen fail. 

To be fair he kept that shambles of a Forest squad up last season, not an insignificant achievement

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

The Enzo money is extra money that we weren’t expecting so surely we could pay Corberans buyout.

• Like 1

We've always wanted a manager with a plan B.... get Cooper and we'll have a manager with a plan A to Z!!!

Never seen so many different formations used by one bloke! Not sure he has any sort of identity/style.

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

The Enzo money is extra money that we weren’t expecting so surely we could pay Corberans buyout.

The compensation would be spread over 3 years anyway (what we'd probably give the manager). I've read the compensation is £2m, which is less than £700k in 2023/24 accounts and we'll get all of Enzo's and staffs compensation in this year's accounts.

On 29/05/2024 at 19:40, indierich06 said:

Will Still is a massive fraud. One win in his last 14 games and got sacked. Corberan would be a much better option. 

Reims has other issues within the club. Will Still wanted more control in signings as he's also a good scout for talents. There are more things you don't know behind his "sacking". 

Cooper appointment shows that purely a cost cut. Unlike the others being linked hes probably the cheapest. Worst on the list? Erm... no think theres worse but not the most inspiring. The only thing you can say hes not suffered relegation from the Premier league.

Just now, nick6666 said:

It was my understanding that cooper was wanted by Brighton , Im kinda confused of where this Leicester city link has come from 

Its only cause he lives in the area still i can imagine. 

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Gunna be a lot of people hand back season tickets if it’s cooper 

Can’t hand them back if they’ve not paid the extra £25….

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Gunna be a lot of people hand back season tickets if it’s cooper 

No they won’t haha people will moan and whinge and still go anyway. I don’t think it would be terrible to be honest. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is the embargo we are currently under extended to non-playing football staff too?

Only seems to refer to playing staff, embargo won’t be a problem after next week anyway thankfully!

59 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Seriously, why wouldn't some have Cooper?

Obviously the Forest link and a risky football idealism, but he'll have something to prove after his Forest stint plus no compensation to pay for the services.

Thing is you can’t criticise him really. He did well at both Swansea and Forest, and was Forest really a blot on his copy book? He was basically given 40 off players to work with, none of which he wanted and somehow kept Forest up “despite them being shite” and Nuno has arguably done no better. 

I guess it’s just not remotely sexy, but then again, is it even sensible? There’s question marks over him, but when isn’t there question marks over any manager? 

I think he’d turn out better than a lot of people think.

• Like 4