Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I still can't get my head around it, but then I suppose i enjoyed more Enzo games than I disliked. Our drop in form was a horrible period, but I all the top teams in the Championship suffered similar fate over around that time.  Liverpool had a horrible start to the 2022 season - it happens. What matters is how you come out the other side, which we did better than anyone else.

There was a culture of waiting for him to mess up, both on the pitch and in his interviews. Every team has period of bad form, and we were banding around phrases like they were quick fixes (plan b's, just chuck 2 up top, play overlapping fullbacks) - all are valid, but not necessarily solutions.  As soon as it wasn't always working for us, everything else all of a sudden became the 'right answer'. When it started working again, it was the players all of a sudden and the manager didn't deserve credit.

Thing that really bugs me though - is the people saying 'i don't care how we win the league - just go and do it'. Then those people whinge about everything and anything!

I agree - the dip was an awful period but we were a consistent goal scorer and consistent winger away from flipping most of those games into draws or wins.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Rafa throws his hat into the ring as well.

I'll throw my hat into his ring if he does!!

14 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Rafa throws his hat into the ring as well.

Does not fit the profile at all. I always thought he'd end up here and yet he never has (famous last words).

Just give it Copper and be done with it. Anyone who can get Forest promoted from where they were must be a certified genius. He's pragmatic and changes his position on what needs to be done with the challenge in front of him. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Not the right fit for a relegation scrap. 

That’s such an old school mentality. We aren’t 6 games away from the end of the season needing an instant impact. 

The right fit for a relegation fight is the manager that will get you playing the best football.

Youre more likely to land on your a$$ with a relegation safe manager, than a progressive footballing man these days. 

Likelyhood is, whoever comes in won’t last the season, if we are heading down. 

Edited by Lambert09

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

That’s such an old school mentality. We aren’t 6 games away from the end of the season needing an instant impact. 

The right fit for a relegation fight is the manager that will get you playing the best football.

Youre more likely to land on your a$$ with a relegation safe manager, than a progressive footballing man these days. 

Likelyhood is, whoever comes in won’t last the season, if we are heading down. 

Experience always helps in a relegation scrap. 

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Experience always helps in a relegation scrap. 

Not denying that, but the right man arguably could pull you away from one to begin with. If you get someone who has the impact of glasner or o’neil at wolves, come xmas you’d be back in contention and you could pull away.

Id like the club to go ambitious rather than a safe pair of hands. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Not denying that, but the right man arguably could pull you away from one to begin with. If you get someone who has the impact of glasner or o’neil at wolves, come xmas you’d be back in contention and you could pull away.

Id like the club to go ambitious rather than a safe pair of hands. 

I’d normally completely agree but I think a safe pair of hands considering the position we are in is what’s needed. If we were Ipswich we could probably say ah let’s go for someone ambitious and go for it but with an impending points deduction and not money, we need a safe pair of hands as much as you can ever say imo 

Vincenzo Italiano has just left Fiorentina,  he had them playing some nice football and would be a decent option....

Rafa, people joke about, but the fans always seem to love him, and his gets involved in the local communities. His football isn't pretty, but he did a good job with Newcastle, got them out Championship back to PL and kept them up, without any backing or financial support from Ashley.

He's a way better choice than some of the names banded about 🥸

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Just give it Copper and be done with it. Anyone who can get Forest promoted from where they were must be a certified genius. He's pragmatic and changes his position on what needs to be done with the challenge in front of him. 

I'm afraid we cannot allow a manager who looks like a Toby mug to maintain our safety in the Prem, especially one who managed them

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

"There will be inevitable disappointment in the Leicester dressing room but, equally, some players will be unmoved.

"Maresca was so devoted to his philosophy that he could at times become stubborn and dogmatic. It was a meeting called by senior Leicester players towards the end of the season that helped them over the line."

I wonder which players will be feeling 'unmoved' today...?

Just now, FLAN said:

We’ve had plenty of time to sound managers out. If this isn’t announced shortly it shows people are turning it down 

Or it shows that we're targeting somebody currently in a job and we can't afford the compo until 1 July.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

"There will be inevitable disappointment in the Leicester dressing room but, equally, some players will be unmoved.

"Maresca was so devoted to his philosophy that he could at times become stubborn and dogmatic. It was a meeting called by senior Leicester players towards the end of the season that helped them over the line."

Souttar, coady for sure 

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The ones that couldn’t get a sniff of game time 

Posted (edited)

Predictions if you get Cooper:

- you’ll win loads of home games including against some big clubs 

- you’ll get walloped in lots of away games

- you’ll stay up, endangering Forest in the process 

- you’ll feel conflicted about all of this because he hates the Leicester, he hates the Derby and he thinks Forest are magic 

Edited by ForestAreMagic
  • Haha 3