Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Is he coming with Martin O’Neill like last time? 

After all you have email contact with the main man Top 

Glad it's not just me who remembers that

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Daggers said:

rudkin.jpeg

not sure what this means but i love seeing the Garafe c**t getting some of what he deserves...unwanted attention from a student with scary dangerous nails, black-out eye-lashes and excess cheek-fillers

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Apparently Cooper was going to sell his house in Kegworth but has now taken it off the market. He's at least being interviewed for the job. He wouldn't be my first choice but I'm not really fussed that he managed Forest. Our title-winning captain is from Nottingham and played for Forest and one of our ever greatest managers and his assistant were European Cup winners with Forest. 

Positives: 
No compensation
Clearly built a good team spirit at Forest in their promotion season

Managed to get the extra bit out of that Forest team to keep them in the league. 

Isn't completely glued to an ideology like Maresca was and will just do what he can to try and win games. 

Was capable of shithousing close home games in his first season in the premier league at Forest. 

Would probably prefer to work with a smaller squad and not having 26 players signed for him

Proven that he can get a team promoted if we are relegated

Negatives:

His football at times at Forest was absolutely diabolical
His away record in the premier league was very poor
Nuno has a better points per game ratio in the premier league at Forest

Even many of their fans who had been supportive of him felt that tactically he was out of his depth at this level and they got over the line through gusto and luck (us being dysfunctional certainly helped them too)

There are some mediating circumstances at Forest. They were promoted with many loan players and I'm sure he will have wanted to keep many of them, and there's no way he wanted to sign all of those players. I also think if the club are serious of carrying on the possession football model, Steve Cooper doesn't fit into that whatsoever, so it would be strange. 

Given how long expensive houses take to shift this will almost certainly not be anything to do with the Leicester managerial situation, if true.

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Not arsed about style if we can stay up tbh.

Yes... It's all about survival this season.  I still think Steve Cooper could do a job for us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, bmt said:

Given how long expensive houses take to shift this will almost certainly not be anything to do with the Leicester managerial situation, if true.

Hope you are right ffs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Yes... It's all about survival this season.  I still think Steve Cooper could do a job for us.

If that job is to get the club relegated I absolutely agree he could do that job 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Is he coming with Martin O’Neill like last time? 

After all you have email contact with the main man Top 

lol

Forgot that

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lfu said:

Yes!

But the powers that be wouldn't have even heard of him.

He also wouldn't fit their remit of how they want us to play by direction.

Edited by Matt

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Apparently Cooper was going to sell his house in Kegworth but has now taken it off the market. He's at least being interviewed for the job. He wouldn't be my first choice but I'm not really fussed that he managed Forest. Our title-winning captain is from Nottingham and played for Forest and one of our ever greatest managers and his assistant were European Cup winners with Forest. 

Positives: 
No compensation

Managed to get the extra bit out of that Forest team to keep them in the league. 

Isn't completely glued to an ideology like Maresca was and will just do what he can to try and win games. 

Was capable of shithousing close home games in his first season in the premier league at Forest. 

Would probably prefer to work with a smaller squad and not having 26 players signed for him

Negatives:

Even many of their fans who had been supportive of him felt that tactically he was out of his depth at this level and they got over the line through gusto and luck (us being dysfunctional certainly helped them too)

There are some mediating circumstances at Forest. They were promoted with many loan players and I'm sure he will have wanted to keep many of them, and there's no way he wanted to sign all of those players. I also think if the club are serious of carrying on the possession football model, Steve Cooper doesn't fit into that whatsoever, so it would be strange. 

This is the question. Will Top stick to his principles and choose a manager to continue the possession football model - as Rob Tanner has suggested - or has the looming points deduction persuaded him to be more pragmatic and focus on getting a manager who can create a siege mentality in an attempt to scrap our way to survival? 

Edited by ClaphamFox

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

This is the question. Will Top stick to his principles and choose a manager to continue the possession football model - as Rob Tanner has suggested - or has the looming points deduction persuaded him to be more pragmatic and focus on getting a manager who can create a siege mentality in order to scrap our way to survival? 

If we are going to throw away the manual and revert to experience and pragmatism, then surely David Moyes would be our first choice?

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Positives: 
No compensation

Negatives:

Doesn’t live in Kegworth and has a flat not a house 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danno said:

Doesn’t live in Kegworth and has a flat not a house 

Maybe he means Keyworth :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, em9999 said:

It will be west brom manager I can say with 100% confidence .. I'm convinced .. 

I even put money on him so I must be ultra sure 

How much & what odds did you get. I see the odds-on him are drifting.

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

How much & what odds did you get. I see the odds-on him are drifting.

They were drifting but have come back in again. Corberan is now 2/1 on betfair - he was 4/1 an hour or so ago. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, em9999 said:

I didn't do it at the bookies I'm not allowed I would be in trouble with club it was a bet between me and a friend 

Are you Rebekah? :ph34r:

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They were drifting but have come back in again. Corberan is now 2/1 on betfair - he was 4/1 an hour or so ago. 

Good info. I just had a look & Corberan is 2/1 & Cooper even money.

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bmt said:

Depends on how long it's been on the market for