Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

48 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Same it's an absolute disgrace, he is a terrible football manager in the Premier League, not one stat tells me otherwise.

There are at least 3 other better managers available who would at least get us competitive.

Under Cooper we will  be relegated, we will likely get a record points low and tge Forest fans will find it hilarious and call him 'agent cooper' when he takes us down with -5 points. 

Surely though you liken Cooper at Forest, certainly the first premier season, with Nigel’s great escape season?? We are now back to that and we will, as they did lose many games. His style of play though May suit us at a higher level than trying to pass through quality teams and full backs leaving their post and leaving huge holes?

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Forest were a sh1tshow of a club with all those players brought in (likely many without his knowledge) 

considering what he had to deal with he did ok 

I was speaking to a notts forest fan and last season and he said that some days players were turning up for training and cooper didn’t even know who they were, some others were signed and sent straight out on loan (to olympiacos) without ever setting foot in notts). Must have been difficult to manage under those circumstances.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Despite us offering him the job?

Have we actually offered him the  job though? is it not just paper talk?

Edited by nettle

6 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I was speaking to a notts forest fan and last season and he said that some days players were turning up for training and cooper didn’t even know who they were, some others were signed and sent straight out on loan (to olympiacos) without ever setting foot in notts). Must have been difficult to manage under those circumstances.

I think a lot of people overlook this. He was manager under a terrible owner who just signed who he wanted. At the end of the day, they did stay up. I like the job he did with England as well. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Why? :dunno:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Hoping the Cooper speculation is the same as the Parker rumours last season:

https://talksport.com/football/1909428/steve-cooper-leicester-next-manager-nottingham-forest/

That's important to remember. There will always be candidates who put themselves forward (usually out of work) and are interviewed. We did this with Gerrard and Parker last summer, who both were desperate for the job. But if we also have our own 1-2 priority targets then it's unlikely they'll impress enough when interviewed to sway it.

Cooper will have been interviewed and maybe has done enough to propel him to being the choice we go with. I do believe Corberan was/is the preferred choice though initially, but maybe there's not much in it and we'd rather save the £4m.

• Like 1

I can forsee this being pure a distraction to manipulate odds for an almighty orchestrated, but legal, betting coup 😉🤣

Or possibly the force someone else to show their hand tactic 🙏🤣

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's important to remember. There will always be candidates who put themselves forward (usually out of work) and are interviewed. We did this with Gerrard and Parker last summer, who both were desperate for the job. But if we also have our own 1-2 priority targets then it's unlikely they'll impress enough when interviewed to sway it.

Cooper will have been interviewed and maybe has done enough to propel him to being the choice we go with. I do believe Corberan was/is the preferred choice though initially, but maybe there's not much in it and we'd rather save the £4m.

dont forget on Coeberan, WBA have new owners now so he might have got some assurances from the new owner they could have some money to spend  

Without pointing out the bleeding obvious, if it wasn't for his Forrest connections (say he'd managed to get Swansea into the Prem and keep them up), there wouldn't be this response from the fan base. However, as others have suggested he is on a hiding to nothing, before he even starts. 

Additionally, I cannot help but think that this is a smokescreen. I just can't see this one happening. Surely Top and co can't be this tone deaf? Could they??? I mean they have got so much right in the last couple of years..........

Posted (edited)

Why on earth do people keep referencing his PL stats/performance. He was literally given a group of misfits, many he didn't want, and ultimately kept them in the PL at our expense (despite the fact that we apparently had a group who were far too good to go down). He then had a whole load of other new players thrust on him again the following season, and lost his best striker to injury a month before getting sacked. 

I'm not necessarily an advocate but it seems rather unfair to judge him on his PL experience given he was working under a chairman who did everything possible to make the job 10x harder. 

If we go back to the end of Dean Smith's reign, I'd have snapped your hand off for a manager of Cooper's calibre given the standard of the managers in the market at that moment in time. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 3

I’m more IND COOPE than Cooper In but if that’s who we’ll have it’ll be the polar opposite of what we’ve just had. Which is what we all wanted isn’t it?

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

dont forget on Coeberan, WBA have new owners now so he might have got some assurances from the new owner they could have some money to spend  

There is that, as well as any potential fall out with the agent who represents Maresca and Corberan. Although he also represents Vardy so we'll have to dust ourselves down for those negotiations.

Posted (edited)

If it happens to be Cooper, granted he's probably not an ideal choice but our situation is far from ideal. So with that in mind, he could be the right fit at least on the face of it.

Edited by AlexFT

If it is Cooper we better hope for an easy start to the season. A big points deduction and a low points tally in the first 5 games and it’ll be hard for him to turn the fans around. Get a few early decent results and his Forest connections will be long forgotten.