Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

If it is Cooper, and I think and hope he's better than some on here think he is, the Forest issue is a nonsense when you consider MON and Wes, two of the club's legends. 

Yeah the Forest link is irrelevant 

• Like 2

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Cooper was sacked because his results were sending Forest to the Championship, not a manger that I would want to see at Leicester.

• Like 4

His Forest connections have no bearing on my opinion of him. I couldn’t care less their previous club history I just want the best available candidate to take over and who can deliver entertaining, progressive football that can deliver relative success. 

The potential appointment of Cooper is such a meh move in my opinion. It’s not one that fills me with excitement for the forthcoming season, however I hope I am wrong and he is a roaring success, I won’t be wishing him to fail, I just cannot see him being a good long term appointment. 

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Nothing from John Percy etc?

The odds have also not moved at all in the past few days. You can still get evens on Cooper - if it's as nailed-on as some people believe it is, there's a great chance to double your money.

If we go for Cooper then that’s an absolute downgrade from Maresca. He was all over the shop tactically with Notts Forest in The Premier League, either conceding lots of goals or being that defensive that nothing was created at the other end. He also started the paranoid victim mentality that plagues Forest to this day. Every decision against his team was wrong and yet he appeared blind to the cheating of Yates and the like. 

• Like 2

Personally Cooper would be a really deflating appointment for me. 

Didn't he go 13 winless before he got sacked? 

And as for people saying the Forest link doesn't matter, it does to many fans whether you think it relevant or not. Essentially meaning we start another season with half the fans already disliking the manager. 

Does **** all for trying to get some unity at a club is quite frankly fractured beyond belief in all areas. 

• Like 2

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

The odds have also not moved at all in the past few days. You can still get evens on Cooper - if it's as nailed-on as some people believe it is, there's a great chance to double your money.

Was 4/6 at this time yesterday on SkyBet

8/11 last night 

8/13 just now

that said I’m tired and that could be my clock…

I couldn’t care less that Cooper managed Forest. 

In the Championship he played pretty direct football, but let’s not forget with Forest he had a very good squad with some great loan players.

I understand why he just focused on getting results in the PL, but he played absolute turgid football and barely scraped them over the line. In the last 5 years or so, the gap between the bottom 2-3 teams and the rest of the league has been staggering. It’s only taking ~36 points to stay up these days and you’re consistently having at least one team finish on sub 30 points.

In 2022/23 Forest finished on 38, which to be honest with the squad they had I would say was definitely the bare minimum. Yes they had a lot of signings but they had the likes of Felipe, Lodi, Aurier, Mangala, Navas who were all playing Champions League football not long ago. So for me, that’s why I am absolutely not keen on Cooper. The England youth set up success is not a reason to appoint someone (as we saw with Peter Taylor). 

The U17 side he had played some lovely stuff... BUT... he had the following group

Guehi, Sessegnon, Foden, Sancho, Hudson Odoi, Smith Rowe, Gibbs-White, Gallagher, Brewster.

You'd like to think anyone could win with that bunch lol 

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Forest fans i work with think it's hilarious and we're nailed on bottom now. 

Forest fans famously have excellent perspective. 

I was got into an argument with a load of them on Twitter a few weeks back because they’re convinced they are essentially a mid-table PL team who were robbed by refereeing decisions.

This is the team that finished on 32 points and somehow survived - they’re only in the league because the bottom three were essentially under 8s girls teams.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RYM said:

Was 4/6 at this time yesterday on SkyBet

8/11 last night 

8/13 just now

that said I’m tired and that could be my clock…

You can get 1/1 on Paddy Power and Betfair. A few others have it at 4/5. SkyBet is the outlier in being more heavily odds-on.

Just a reminder that Scott Parker apparently already had the gig at Leicester according to some on here before Enzo was announced. 

Don't lump ya money on an internet rumour 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Forest fans famously have excellent perspective. 

I was got into an argument with a load of them on Twitter a few weeks back because they’re convinced they are essentially a mid-table PL team who were robbed by refereeing decisions.

This is the team that finished on 32 points and somehow survived - they’re only in the league because the bottom three were essentially under 8s girls teams.

Your first mistake there is twitter. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Lako42 said:

Just a reminder that Scott Parker apparently already had the gig at Leicester according to some on here before Enzo was announced. 

Don't lump ya money on an internet rumour 

This. And the bookies know absolutely **** all that we don’t.