Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Another point worth making … cooper is interesting clubs in the premier league, if he was so horrendous as people are making out here, wouldn’t we be the only ones in for him? If he takes it, it shows he’s got the fight and desire for a really rough season ahead. I’d rather have that then a better manager who is half hearted (you know who I mean) 

What Premier league teams? If Brighton wanted him, he would be there already. West Ham recently changed manager, don't remember any interest in Cooper.

I can't think of one club currently in the Premier league, other than us, that would take a punt on Cooper.

Maybe this is where we are at. Hamstrung financially, and he is the best the club think they can do.

Sad state of affairs really, a state brought about by the ineptitude of those running the club.

Edited by smudger63

I think Moyes is a no go as after 5 years at West Ham the guy deserves a break, not thrust in to our predicament. I expect he is likely to have a few months to a year off and wouldn't be interested. 

• Like 2

Ah I see the forum white knights are back farming rep points by relegating people’s opinion to two mere issues of “gRoWn AdUlTs TaLkInG aBoUt LoOkS aNd FoReSt”. Completely discounting the fact that a god awful manager in NES has saved that Forest side, Cooper plays absolute crap football and we’re scraping around again because Jon imposter syndrome Rudkin doesn’t have a ****ing plan or clue how to run this club.

But let me give the rep farmers what they want - who remembers how lop sided his face was when he was jumping around the touchline when they beat us twice at the shity ground in successive seasons? Who the hell can welcome someone through the doors when you experienced that? 

Fanbase is absolutely broken.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Gazza M said:

I think Moyes is a no go as after 5 years at West Ham the guy deserves a break, not thrust in to our predicament. I expect he is likely to have a few months to a year off and wouldn't be interested. 

Moyes is covering Talksport’s coverage at the Euros he’s football mad and obsessed. I doubt he would want a break.

Cooper did a good job in getting Forest promoted and keeping them up, but it also needs to be heavily caveated with his sacking this season due to a fear of getting relegated despite seeing three teams as poor as Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley.

I'll get behind any manager we appoint think Cooper is overrated.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Copper took over Swansea in 10th, finished 6th and then 3rd before leaving. 

Took over Forest bottom of the Championship and finished 4th. 

Kept Forest in the premier league despite everyone on here writing them off. 

Was still 5 points clear of relegation when sacked. 

Anyone attempting to suggest that is the career of someone at least not competant as a football manager is off their head. He's not some over the hill manager, he's 44 the same age as Maresca. If he had Coopers CV people would be creaming themselves over him. 

We are not an attractive proposition to proven, high quality mangers without any sort of question mark over them. As I've said before, we are only attractive to people lower down the leagues, out of work managers, or total unknown risks. People might not like it, but we also need an eye on next season which has a high likelyhood of being in the championship. 

Corberan has potential, but so far he's just managed to not get two teams promoted. And each and every other option has potebtial issues and question marks. 

Valid points babs. Made me feel a bit better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Ah I see the forum white knights are back farming rep points by relegating people’s opinion to two mere issues of “gRoWn AdUlTs TaLkInG aBoUt LoOkS aNd FoReSt”. Completely discounting the fact that a god awful manager in NES has saved that Forest side, Cooper plays absolute crap football and we’re scraping around again because Jon imposter syndrome Rudkin doesn’t have a ****ing plan or clue how to run this club.

But let me give the rep farmers what they want - who remembers how lop sided his face was when he was jumping around the touchline when they beat us twice at the shity ground in successive seasons? Who the hell can welcome someone through the doors when you experienced that? 

Is everything okay at home?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Forest were 17th when sacked, then finished 17th. How is that saving anyone lol 

Cooper played some fantastic stuff for Forest in the championship, we ignoring that? Is that not the sign of someone pragmatic?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We need the whole club, manager, players and supporters united next season to have any chance of staying up. Appointing Cooper will immediately create a disconnect between the manager and (I think) the majority of fans. These fans will be on his back very quickly, I suspect, which is exactly what we don't need. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Cooper did a good job in getting Forest promoted and keeping them up, but it also needs to be heavily caveated with his sacking this season due to a fear of getting relegated despite seeing three teams as poor as Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley.

I'm a bit horrified we are apparently entreating the idea of employing him to be honest, I didn't think his brand of football was at all what we were trying to achieve.

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

You’re going to be busy mate. Fella uses about 9 tactics lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Cooper played some fantastic stuff for Forest in the championship, we ignoring that? Is that not the sign of someone pragmatic?

NES has kept a woeful side up with a points deduction to boot. Forest fans say they were heading in one direction only under Cooper.

This is a proper shit idea. Genuinely embarrassed to share a fandom with some of you. 

Just now, Babylon said:

Anyone attempting to suggest that is the career of someone at least not competant as a football manager is off their head. He's not some over the hill manager, he's 44 the same age as Maresca. If he had Coopers CV people would be creaming themselves over him. 

We are not an attractive proposition to proven, high quality mangers without any sort of question mark over them. As I've said before, we are only attractive to people lower down the leagues, out of work managers, or total unknown risks. People might not like it, but we also need an eye on next season which has a high likelyhood of being in the championship. 

Corberan has potential, but so far he's just managed to not get two teams promoted. And each and every other option has potebtial issues and question marks. 

Come on, I agree with most of what you're saying, and I think Cooper would be a good shout, but this in bold is a complete dismissal of Corberan's record.

Yes, Cooper took Forest from the dregs and got them promoted via the playoffs. I'd say Corberan did a better job getting Huddersfield to that playoff final in the first place - Cooper undoubtedly had a better squad at Forest than Corberan had at Huddersfield, and the playoff final that saw Forest go up was contentious to say the least - it could have been either of them.

Corberan's job at West Brom is probably the most comparable to what Cooper did with Forest in terms of similar squad quality - yes he missed out on promotion in the playoffs, but I'd say for both Cooper and Corberan, what's more interesting and useful as a barometer for success is what they did to take these teams from being underperformers to being among the best in the league, not how they performed in the playoff lottery.

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

I think most Including myself tbh are finding it hard to come to terms with what this club is now. Madness to think we we're favourites to win a european league 2-3 seasons ago and got into the semi finals only now to be told we can't afford to even look at potential managers in jobs as we can't afford it, even after receiving money from our previous manager. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

I'm a bit horrified we are apparently entreating the idea of employing him to be honest, I didn't think his brand of football was at all what we were trying to achieve.

He started out in the Wrexham academy, Liverpool took him on, then after impressing there they put him in charge of the youth team. Moved on to manage England youth, reaching the final of the European Championship and then winning the World Cup Final. He was known for an attractive style of play, and has been a lot of times. 

Look at his interviews he certainly wants to play attractive football, but he's realsitic in that it can take time to get there. 

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/profile-steve-cooper

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KFS said:

NES has kept a woeful side up with a points deduction to boot. Forest fans say they were heading in one direction only under Cooper.

This is a proper shit idea. Genuinely embarrassed to share a fandom with some of you. 

I'll repeat, they were already 5 points clear, finished 6 points clear. 

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well that’s not the narrative! Now I don’t know what to think. I need a drink.

Me vs Babs all season then. Pick your sides, folks.

That’s if you Steve Cooper fans can pull yourselves away from watching your mrs with another man for 5 minutes.

**** off leicester. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

What clubs? The Brighton link is tenuous. And we never know how much of that is just agent talk.

Brentford were apparently looking at him when Frank was linked with Chelsea, Brighton strongly linked from what I saw. Think he’s getting a lot of unfair stick. 

29 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

What Premier league teams? If Brighton wanted him, he would be there already. West Ham recently changed manager, don't remember any interest in Cooper.

I can't think of one club currently in the Premier league, other than us, that would take a punt on Cooper.

Maybe this is where we are at. Hamstrung financially, and he is the best the club think they can do.

Sad state of affairs really, a state brought about by the ineptitude of those running the club.

He’s not that bad.