Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Last time I looked Potter was almost certain now I’m reading something about Cooper wtf is going on. 

Cooper looking more certain now. Potter has either tuned us down or they released it to help with the news about ticket pricing haha 

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Last time I looked Potter was almost certain now I’m reading something about Cooper wtf is going on. 

Ownership that's asleep at the wheel and is not focused on footballing matters but, instead, is looking at how to extract value from a fictional fanbase of excessively wealthy tourists coming to Leicester? 

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’m more pis*ed because I want to do an in-depth analysis of our incoming manager and every time I go to start, the name keeps changing!!!

I'll do it for you.

Steve Cooper - ****ing Shit.

The end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cooper managed to lose 4-0 at the KP to our mob of incompetents in 2022, when we had Danny Ward in goal and were fresh off conceding 11 goals in one week vs Brighton and Spurs. I suspect we'll be struggling to get from negative up to zero points for the first couple of months this season. Horrible. This is going to be a worse season than the last one in the Prem.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

fair enough but at no point has he ever implemented it, it's always been about as appealing as hammering nails into your eyeballs. maybe he's given mitigating circumstances as to why he couldn't in past jobs but it just seems like we've been ridiculously naïve, on his past performances the CV should have printed straight into the shredder if we've got a long term plan to play the way we did under enzo

He implemented it perfectly at Forest in his first season. I always thought they were very entertaining when I saw them that season. 

• Like 1

Tbqh it doesn't really matter who KPFC appoint as manager and what style of football they play, as looking at the ticket price increases, no one will be able to afford to go and watch them anyway...

Edited by Brizzle Fox

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

"If talks with Cooper collapse then the club may approach the West Bromwich Albion manager, Carlos Corberán."

Just go straight to Corberán if the compensation isn't a stumbling block!

Thank you!!!!

25 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

That doesn't mean you give the job to ****ing Cooper though 

That old chestnut, we’ve seen this level of response since Maresca left. No manage seems good enough and every foxestalk poster has their own opinion the club will never get it right. For me Corberan is who I’d go for but he’s I’d imagine the £4million release clause is the sticking point. Potter it would seem isn’t chomping at the bit to come here so the inevitable choice is Cooper. I’d feel uneasy going for an unknown with zero experience in the premier league the aim should be to stay up at all costs with the tiny budget we’ll have - I’m certain some on here think we’re going to attract the next big thing with a points deduction and minimal spend, it’ll be a tough job and we’re likely limited with who want to it. 

Edited by Lesta Legend

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

We got a better manager than this when we were in the Championship. 

And did we have a points deduction at the time? Did we have no to little money to sign players at the time? And isn’t managing the richest club in the Championship, with a Premier standard squad,  a more attractive opportunity for a young manager than managing a financial basket case  shorn of many of its best players in the PL? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Ridiculous. One of the things that will put me off football for good aside from the EPL is our own lunatic fans. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cooper will be the first manager we’ve had in years that isnt dogmatically wedded to a certain style of play. 

Quietly hopeful about this. We need a pragmatist. 

• Like 3

I remember when there was fury and disdain for an over-the-hill Italian manager on these boards about 10 years ago.

Can anybody remember what happened next?

Oh and by the way, all the guff about having a better manager last season, we will see.  I am positive Cooper would have had us winning the division with the squad we had too.  At least we will have a manager in charge and not a coach.

Welcome to hell Steve!! 

Edited by Basildon Fox

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Cooper will be the first manager we’ve had in years that isnt dogmatically wedded to a certain style of play. 

Quietly hopeful about this. We need a pragmatist. 

I give in 45minutes before we get the first “We’ve got no identity or plan A!”