Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

20 minutes ago, pkonline said:

On a serious point, the piss taking and judgment about looks is really disappointing to see - and I mean, Leicester folk aren't notorious for being sexy are they!

speak for yourself.

• Haha 3

Just now, pkonline said:

What was Foxestalk like when we appointed Ranieri :ph34r:

You mean the season we had Liverpool away on boxing day followed by Man City at home a few days later ?? 

it wasn’t good - I remember looking through wiki and commenting that his club career has been decent whilst most lamented the appointment 

Signed on for the first time in a while just to say … :frusty:

In all seriousness, there were definitely risks with both Potter and Corberan but Cooper doesn’t exactly ensure staying up either. I’m also not sure whether he will inspire confidence in the players, given that it isn’t an exciting appointment by any stretch of the imagination. Maresca had little experience but was coming off the back of a treble as a Pep disciple. 

Can’t help but feel a little underwhelmed going into the new season now and there’s nothing to suggest (so far) that Cooper will be a good appointment to build something over the long term. If we were looking for someone to simply steady the ship for a year or two in the Prem, then (can’t believe I’m saying this) I would’ve gone with Moyes on a two year deal as an experienced pair of hands whilst sounding out a younger, long term option. The football would’ve been horrendous for the most part but Cooper isn’t so inspiring in this regard either and has less experience/pedigree. 

Hope he proves me wrong!

Edited by oadby.fox

If the players are as underwhelmed by this appointment as the fans - and why wouldn’t they be? - we are going one place and one place only.

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Spot on. 

If he was indeed stalling, then Potter can get fvcked. 

No way should we appoint a manager who’s heart is not in it. 

That feeling with Potter has been felt for weeks, if he was that keen, he would have taken the job 1-2 weeks ago. 

Agree. Looks like Potter wouldn’t commit despite giving him every chance to do so. 

Cooper wasn’t top of my list but at least he wants the job and will be motivated to prove himself after his previous role. 

Also shows Tanner was right yesterday in saying no deal was agreed with Potter. 

And he was sceptical we’d manage to attract him. 

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This evokes a real mix of emotions and confusion.

I'm no fan of Graham Potter, he might have a bit more kudos in the PL than Cooper after his slow progression of Brighton really took shape after 3 years but in the first 2 years it wasn't much different in points and general output than what Cooper did under chaotic circumstances at Forest.

We need somebody to hit the ground running and perhaps Cooper has more in his track record in that regard, he immediately improved Swansea from Potter in league position and at Forest his run to promotion was ridiculous.

But there's a major disconnect with the type of manager Cooper appears to be and what our club seemingly crave or certainly craved when they got Enzo and what we've been told they were looking for in a replacement.

I'm all for us being pragmatic where required next season, but that's not an excuse for being dog shit and not playing any football.

I like Cooper's track record at England youth level and his development of young players and academy players at both Swansea and Forest. That has to be the priority for me to get on board with this appointment. I actually would rather see the development of Alves, Braybrooke, Nelson, Jake Evans etc than trying to stay up just for the sake of it.

I hope he is aligned with our recruitment in the types of players that he can utilise and there's a clear strategy in our financial position with the squad. Wages need to be cut and this squad rebuilt with young talent on sensible salaries, it eases the burden on the necessity of us being a Premier League club for the sake of it.

Fair assessment Ric a somewhat rational take on it 🙏

Tbf the pitch to a potential manager is; 

Limited cash.

Likelihood of a large(ish) points deduction.

Potential to lose at least our best player, if not more. 

Already a fair few players down after contracts expired (which I get is also a positive). 

I think it’s a tough sell, and given I bet we were relunctant to pay compensation, this is about as good as we could hope for. 

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

The club may as well not spend a penny this season as we are going down regardless, maybe that's why they have employed him.

Bottle up that enthusiasm.

• Haha 1

Potter isn’t remotely interested in this job, he’s waiting for Southgate to chuck it in post euros. We don’t have time to hang around and wait for him to decide what he’s going to do and wait for England to finish the tournament. 

Personally I’d rather take Cooper than Potter.  Potter seems to need time to build a side and that’s one thing we don’t have whereas Cooper walked into the Forest job when they looked like going down to turn them around and gain promotion in the same season.  He then somehow kept them up when they bought about 35 players that he had no input in whatsoever.  I think he’s our best chance of staying up personally although I would have liked Corberan, his West Brom team were the most exciting I watched last season but we did have to watch the most boring football in history week in week out!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Horrendous management of the club by top and Co Once again. 

Whole lot need to go. 

How about you wait and see how Cooper gets on first? Can’t really call it horrendous management until we see the results. 

• Like 1

for me it’s not even about the pedigree of cooper but it’s the complete switch in direction from the club. I understand doing this when things are going badly but after winning promotion to suddenly switch playing styles is just odd.  

I just expected someone who had a very similar philosophy to enzo to be coming. 

I’ll get behind whoever is in charge, until they lose that respect but the decision making feels like a circus again 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

I think it'd be incredibly naïve to just blindly accept the PR spin we're hearing on Potter stalling etc. For all we know, he was never top of the list for the club and they can clearly gauge the temperature of the fans towards Cooper so instead they've span this narrative that he doesn't really want us so we look more favorably towards Cooper, a man seemingly keen on the job.

Good luck to Cooper because the majority of the fanbase won't have him from the off which is the club shooting themselves in the foot. Maybe for once....listen to the fans!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lcfcwatto said:

Remember when we hired Ranieri, who had just been given the boot from the Greece job after getting beat by San Marino? 

That turned out alright.

Give the bloke a chance. 

Faroe Islands.

1 minute ago, Viva said:

How about you wait and see how Cooper gets on first? Can’t really call it horrendous management until we see the results. 

Yeah come on guys. Take a bite of the shit sandwich before you decide it tastes of shit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1