Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I mentioned last time he was odds on that it would be interesting to see who he wants to sign, as he's always signed the same players (took England youngsters to Swansea then took them to Forest)

Problem he has is pretty much every single one of his go-to's is unatainable.

This will be the first time he's had to sign anyone outside of his usual cohort. (It was very easy to tell which signings were his at Forest)

In that case he'll probably just leave it to Glover to find the players, and he'll just pick what he needs from those recommended.

On 17/06/2024 at 19:33, Turtle27 said:

Take this what how you will but reliable Word is he we’ve made him a final offer and he’s still hesitating, club loosing patience, club looking at Cooper again.

Fair play, I saw this but didn’t think there would be anything in it. 👏👏👏👏

Just now, Swarles Barkley said:

Worst thing is being messed around by the club. Seems to me Potter was leaked yesterday to tone down the impact of the ticket prices 

Our fanbase is too pathetic to do anything about it anyway. They know it too. 

• Like 3

Pretty underwhelmed by Cooper, and don't really understand how the board can claim they have a set vision, then recruit two wildly different managers.

I am hoping Cooper's record with youth, and the way he tried to play at Swansea, are the approaches he'll bring. However, all of that was a while ago now, and I worry we're clutching at straws to find hope in this appointment at the moment.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fox766 said:

Can't wait for Maresca to be sacked by Chelsea by around Feb/March time and us thinking how we dodged a bullet. Then us having a far better season than we expected with Cooper.

Ok this won't happen but how we can dream :rolleyes:

I don't think he'll last til Feb/ March! 

Reckon Oct / Nov !!

4 hours ago, dannythefox said:

You watch we’ll sign Chris Wood ffs 

He’s twice the player he was when here. Scored some very important goals last year. And as a plan B would be a solid signing. Forest however won’t be selling someone so important to them last year.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Potter Enzo ball is not that different to bodgers ball that we played for two season with better players before relegation.

It worked for Enzo as we had such a strong squad in the championship. But our much weaker squad than we had last time in the prem will suffer badly.

I'd rather play our on the break little possession prem title game than Enzo Potter Bodgers ball. 

Hell yes on that front..

I've posted many a time, that if we play a brand of slow build up, possession based, p1ss around pulling the opposition out of shape football under any manager next season in the Premiership,  then we'll will get mullered more often than not.

Our current team isn't good enough to play that style when facing the major upgrade in opposition we faced in the championship. Plus we can't finance the team upgrade anyway..

The inconsistency is it's being reported that Cooper was our top choice. 

So either that's BS (likely) or Potter's agents have tried to make it look like it was his job if he wanted it to save face from being beaten by Cooper to the role. 

4 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Hell yes on that front..

I've posted many a time, that if we play a brand of slow build up, possession based, p1ss around pulling the opposition out of shape football under any manager next season in the Premiership,  then we'll will get mullered more often than not.

Our current team isn't good enough to play that style when facing the major upgrade in opposition we faced in the championship. Plus we can't finance the team upgrade anyway..

We finished 5th and 8th playing that exact style.

Yes we got relegated but that because Rodgers wanted out and board didn't react quick enough, along with players running down there contracts.

We also won the league last season playing that style.

Edited by whoareyaaa

20 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

without them players they would have been bottom of the league, hardly a disaster.

True but with those players I would argue that they should have been bottom too. The level of recruitment in terms of quantity was unprecedented and when I think back to the time they were a laughing stock and it was a bit of a shock to see them get their act together. 

My knowledge is limited though because I didn’t watch premier league games in the latest season where he was sacked so I couldn’t comment on the bad.

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm disappointed when things don't go my way. Is that not normal human behaviour?

If it is, when it comes to matters that don't just concern a single person, then it shouldn't be - though of course it depends on how that disappointment is expressed.

Dealing with adversity maturely is a key part of being human imo.

For what it's worth, I'm underwhelmed, but I'm certainly not going to rush to conclusively judge, there would be no sense in that.

9 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Our fanbase is too pathetic to do anything about it anyway. They know it too. 

Absolutely the weak response form some on here is testament. 

Lunatic fans No - Fans that care and can see us slipping into another 1987 - 92 and 2004 - 2009 malaise 

We're paying for the ridiculous way in which the club has and continues to be which means we can only attract Steve Cooper - A man not good enough for F@rest - that should stick in the craw of any Leicester fan 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Did you see Coopers away form in the PL with Forest? 

Well seeing as you're bringing it up I'm sure it's horrendous and I'm sure it won't be any great shakes with us. But then it wouldn't be great under Potter, Maresca, Corberan or anyone we can appoint as we don't have a particularly good team or squad. Hopefully though under Cooper we might show more fight and determination to get a result than the dull, soft centered stuff we'd see under potter and maresca.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

Well seeing as you're bringing it up I'm sure it's horrendous and I'm sure it won't be any great shakes with us. But then it wouldn't be great under Potter, Maresca, Corberan or anyone we can appoint as we don't have a particularly good team or squad. Hopefully though under Cooper we might show more fight and determination to get a result than the dull, soft centered stuff we'd see under potter and maresca.

We literally finished 5th and 8th and won the Championship & FA Cup playing that football.

BuT TeH STyle WoNt WoRk

Just now, MonarchFox said:

Has anyone else heard the reason why Potter isn't joining is due to the termination agreement with Chelsea.  Apparently would be losing millions if he took the Leicester job

Why would it have gone so far if that was the case? Surely he knew beforehand?

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Considering this is happening, i suppose you have to look at the positives.

I think Potter is overrated, and has mugged us off again. I actually have doubts he will succeed in the PL again as the game slowly passes him by. Not sure who goes for him, and he feels like the sort of manager you should get at the start of a season.

Corberan (god i wish we had gone for him!) does not have PL experience. You do have to respect the clubs view on that, even if i dont agree with it. WBA in the playoffs was a bit of a warning, and it wasnt just down the squad depth.

Cooper had some credentials before Forest. This must work for him or he is likely finished. He will be coming into a very different setup to before and can probably plan the approach style in a way he simply couldn't at Forest. 

Cooper CANNOT play this the same we he did at Forest. If we revert to the structure he used there and we go to 'backs to the wall' almost scared football then he'll be finished pretty quickly. I cling on to hope that he has interviewed well and has a more progressive plan for what is a potentially good baseline squad, and maybe a few clever transfers. Also, clever integration of Nelson, Alves and Braybrooke could be key and rewarding. He could forge out an identity that is in line with what the club wants but is more pragmatic than Enzo.

Cooper has his work cut out for him. We have to compete with the bottom half of the league and i don't care if we try and sh1t house the top 6. 

Good post