Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

What are we likely to see defensively? Is Vestergaard going to suit his style?

95 goals conceded in 55 PL games at Forest say we are likely to see a horror show.

• Haha 1

I'd give him the chance, in the hope that he has learnt from his experience at Forest.

If I was a player, I wouldn't judge how good my manager is based on his looks..

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Players will be massively underwhelmed

Doesn’t take much to change that, by all accounts from what I saw he was very well liked by the Forest squad with great man management skills. 

• Like 3

Let’s not pretend we have a bunch of ‘elite’ players so why would they expect an ‘elite’ manager.  Enzo showed little if any flexibility - he did what was required but he wasn’t a genius.

Our last ‘elite’ manger nearly ruined the club, quite happy to have someone who tries to connect with the club and its fans.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, MonarchFox said:

Has anyone else heard the reason why Potter isn't joining is due to the termination agreement with Chelsea.  Apparently would be losing millions if he took the Leicester job

26 minutes ago, Corky said:

Why would it have gone so far if that was the case? Surely he knew beforehand?

Apparently a clause in his pay-out say that he has to be actively  looking for work.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We won the league mate, We also finished 5th and 8th in the Prem playing a worse type of possesion based football under Rodgers.

And the Rodgers teams, certainly the ones who finished 5th would wipe the floor with last seasons teams cos they were full of good prem quality players. Bit like most of the teams wel be facing this season. Playing them at their own game with inferior players is only going to get us consistently beaten. Do something different.

Just now, Gubbins said:

And the Rodgers teams, certainly the ones who finished 5th would wipe the floor with last seasons teams cos they were full of good prem quality players. Bit like most of the teams wel be facing this season. Playing them at their own game with inferior players is only going to get us consistently beaten. Do something different.

There is a handful of good teams in the Prem the rest are beatable, with a few additions we would have been find under Enzo.

Going for Cooper is showing a statement of relegation before we have even started.

• Like 1

Leicester City legend Emile Heskey says the aim for the next manager is simply to try and stay in the Premier League amid a limited capacity to sign new players.

Speaking at the launch of Husqvarna's Victory Dance campaign, he insisted the best way to achieve that would be to continue the style of football implemented by Maresca.

Heskey told Sky Sports: "Leicester have gone down the route of having someone in Maresca, who revolutionised the way that we think as a club in the sense of the way that we play.

"It would be crazy to change everything around. Even when you look at U21s, they have started to implement a lot of the fundamentals that Maresca had. (I 100% agree with this comment)

"You would like to think the next manager would take that on and keep it going and play a lot of the younger lads, because the reality is I'm not sure how much we can spend to really get that squad up to par with what is needed to stay in the league.

"We ran through the Championship pretty much easily with a bit of a blip. If we can keep Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, that would be outstanding and unbelievable, because he's really the main player.

"The aim has to be to stay in the Premier League. We have to reset and work again. Staying in the league is key and then you build from there, especially if you're not able to spend the money you need to spend to get the squad up to par.

"The reality is that squad is pretty similar to the squad that came down. Yes, in the forward line Jamie Vardy has signed again, but who else have we got? That is a key position that needs to be rectified.

"I would say defensively, the centre-back position would be important as well and then possibly a midfielder."

Personally I think we should have got someone proven a good manager. Pay a huge bonus for keeping us up and an option to stay longer if the goal is achieved. 

This appointment feels like we have already accepted that we are going down again. 

It’s very worrying how far backwards we have gone in terms of appealing to good managers. 

Look at what villa did when they went up last time. They got it wrong with Gerrard but  put that right with the next appointment. We are the opposite to this with our decisions.

Feeling a little bit disappointed that this is the best the board can come up with. I personally feel that we need a shake up at board room level.

• Like 1

Can anyone think of a recent manager who has an affiliation with a rival club to then be a success?

My first names were Benitez at Everton and Poch at Chelsea….both failed to properly win over the fan base and seemed to be destined to fail from the beginning.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I wasn’t excited about Maresca, I had little opinion of him really as his only experience was a total flop at his first club. I know everyone loves Pep, but not all his coaches are going to be good managers. 

Im not really excited by Cooper either, but he was respected enough to be taken to Liverpool to head their youth team from Wrexham, and then respected enough to get a post with England winning Trophies. Did a more than respectable job at Swansea and then a fantastic first season at Forest and for me a decent season in keeping them up.

His record is respectable. 

We’ve shown before with Rodgers (I think it was a good appointment but went in too long) and Maresca that the club have tried to get in managers that aren’t the easy opinion. We’ve clearly tried to convince Potter to no avail.

I think it’s harsh to say we don’t want him, if you scout 5 players and only get your third choice, doesn’t mean you didn’t want him. 

I personally think reasonably we are going to have one eye on next season, it would need a miracle to stay up considering the circumstances. And he’s proven a good championship manger and played good football. 

Corberan I would be happy with, but clearly there is a sticking point. We are looking at him and something has obviously made us question it more than Cooper and it doesn’t necessarily have to be about Money. He might not have interviewed well, who knows.

It’s likely that he’s emphasised his willingness to utilise the academy. Thats what I’m particularly excited about with Cooper, Braybrook, Nelson and Alves are all likely to get minutes. 

• Like 1

The thing I'm taking away is that Florest was a joke and I don't think he was in control of signings at all. He had to deal with what he had, which was 40+ players. Getting anything with that in some feat. Chelsea but budget shopping. 

Last season, our recruitment was very good. 

5 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Can anyone think of a recent manager who has an affiliation with a rival club to then be a success?

My first names were Benitez at Everton and Poch at Chelsea….both failed to properly win over the fan base and seemed to be destined to fail from the beginning.

MON at Leicester.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

There is a handful of good teams in the Prem the rest are beatable, with a few additions we would have been find under Enzo.

Going for Cooper is showing a statement of relegation before we have even started.

We would have been bored to tears in the stands and torn to shreds on the pitch by any team with a bit of pace and a good press which is most of them. The only reason maresca would last past Xmas would be that Rudkin would be too stupid to sack him.

• Like 4