Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Let's get that FM manager in. He'll no doubt unearth some unknown gems from South America, Scandinavia and Mali and win the PL within 2 years.

7 minutes ago, shen said:

Let's get that FM manager in. He'll no doubt unearth some unknown gems from South America, Scandinavia and Mali and win the PL within 2 years.

Alright fine but I'm warning you now I'm going to insist on picking Patson Daka. 

• Haha 3

I would take Corberan. He was who I wanted a year ago as it happens. I think he did a good job with what's not a great squad.

I think they're pretty much nailed on to try and get Graham Potter. I'm not sure they'll be successful though.

This will be our shortlist, no need to discuss. Similar to last summer. Supplied directly to John by John.

Carlos Vicens

Anthony Barry

Graham Potter

Ronald Koeman

Johnny Heitinga

Steven Gerrard

Oscar Garcia

Posted (edited)

Heitinga is an intriguing one.

Steadied the Ajax ship whilst they were imploding

Wasn't mentioned in West Ham's new manager announcement today in terms of whether he would be part of the team either.

Edited by AjcW

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

If not already mentioned, then Carlos Cuesta, the Arsenal no.2:

7fa08fda-997e-11ed-98a9-b930c4c0805a.jpg

"Cuesta, who began coaching at Atlético Madrid in 2014 as an 18-year-old, is believed to be open to working with Knapper again after building a strong relationship with him at Arsenal. Several other Championship sides are also thought to have shown an interest in Cuesta taking over in the summer, although Arsenal are believed to be determined to resist any approaches.

Cuesta is one of Arteta’s closest confidantes and has been credited with helping to transform Arsenal into title contenders through his role as individual development coach, with a heavy focus on improving tactical understanding."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/feb/15/arsenal-no-2-carlos-cuesta-norwich-manager-championship

Arsenal play a very similar style to us, only better. Playing out from the back, attacking number 8's, tricky wingers. Look what he did to Saka, and he is known for working 1-1 with him.

This would mean that the squad overhaul would be minimal, and he'd probably stick with us if we got relegated. He would have time to build a young and exciting squad in the same way that Enzo started out doing.

Appointing a manager nine years younger than our first-choice #9 would be remarkable but I like the idea.

If you were trying to emulate the Xabi Alonso appointment (which is the way clubs will probably try and go) then I read a pretty good case recently for Cesc Fabregas. He's assistant manager at Como who just got promoted to Serie A, manager in all bar name apparently. He's played under a fantastic set of managers as well.

Not my first choice but if we went up that route that would intrigue me.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Heitinga is an intriguing one.

Steadied the Ajax ship whilst they were imploding

Wasn't mentioned in West Ham's new manager announcement today in terms of whether he would be part of the team either.

Mentioned him yesterday. 

With him being a Wasserman client, he is bound to get linked if Enzo goes.

40 minutes ago, AjcW said:

This will be our shortlist, no need to discuss. Similar to last summer. Supplied directly to John by John.

Carlos Vicens

Anthony Barry

Graham Potter

Ronald Koeman

Johnny Heitinga

Steven Gerrard

Oscar Garcia

Christ 

46 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I think it would be worth getting Brendan back in just for the spectacular implosion it would cause in the east end of Glasgow. 

No.... no it wouldn't be worth it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shen said:

Gerrimin'!

If Mckenna goes to Brighton, then i think we have a big shout for Potter i reckon. Think someone like him can big the club up like Enzo did and with points deductions it will be a free hit. Not Potters biggest fan, but would prefer this to Cooper or Robins.