Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

11 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't understand why there are so many fans recommending British managers. Have any of these achieved something significant lately? Only Potter's Brighton played some decent, attractive football at times. All the rest are so limited and one dimensional tactically. 

Even the national team has this kind of manager and this is why there's no way we'll win anything. 

I'm not saying all foreign managers are better but there's certainly a lack of adventurous, enthusiastic British managers for years now. 

Thing is, more often than not Brighton didn't. Towards the end of his time they hammered us (who didn't at that time) and they had some good results around that time, but for long periods they played pretty boring stuff and struggled to score. Many Brighton fans don't have fond memories of Potter.

My take is with managers, is things always look greener elsewhere and more often that not (given a bit of time) every fanbase whines about the same thing. Look at Farke this year - when we hit our barren spell people were creaming themselves over how Farke did great subs, had a Plan B and could change a game during a match. Then they hit their bad spell, and Leeds fans have the same complaints of him as we did Enzo. 

Very few managers command respect across clubs. 

Who ever we get is going to have plus points and issues. And when we lose 6 on the trot in the middle of winter, we will likely be whining about the same thing (poor use of subs, no plan c, just plays his favourites).

• Like 2

I think there is a time and place for attractive football. Last season, we really should have been playing good football but this year, I couldn't care less what the football looks like. This year, results matter above all else. 

• Like 3

Just get Carlos Coberan in, Ruud is a big name, but how will he adjust to Prem, a team with a points deduction.  It's a no for me, its Carlos, the others choices are decent, but feel Carlos is a natural continuation of the direction we going, but not the daft riggid frame Enzo shackled us to, bit more dynamic.  Carlos come to us

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Thing is, more often than not Brighton didn't. Towards the end of his time they hammered us (who didn't at that time) and they had some good results around that time, but for long periods they played pretty boring stuff and struggled to score. Many Brighton fans don't have fond memories of Potter.

My take is with managers, is things always look greener elsewhere and more often that not (given a bit of time) every fanbase whines about the same thing. Look at Farke this year - when we hit our barren spell people were creaming themselves over how Farke did great subs, had a Plan B and could change a game during a match. Then they hit their bad spell, and Leeds fans have the same complaints of him as we did Enzo. 

Very few managers command respect across clubs. 

Who ever we get is going to have plus points and issues. And when we lose 6 on the trot in the middle of winter, we will likely be whining about the same thing (poor use of subs, no plan c, just plays his favourites).

Most knowledgeable Leeds fans I know were complaining about Farke's stubbornness and lack of plan B all season even when they had the unbeaten run. They knew the team wasn't playing well, they knew our game against them should have ended 0-7. 

It's one thing trying different things as a manager and failing and it's another insisting to non working tactics and formations. I want a manager who won't hesitate to make a sub at the 30min of first half or change completely the tactics on the fly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxes with Sprit said:

Just get Carlos Coberan in, Ruud is a big name, but how will he adjust to Prem, a team with a points deduction.  It's a no for me, its Carlos, the others choices are decent, but feel Carlos is a natural continuation of the direction we going, but not the daft riggid frame Enzo shackled us to, bit more dynamic.  Carlos come to us

Corberan has failed to meet his board's season expectations in Championship. 

This could only happen to us.

I don’t think there will be another occasion in the history of football where a team gets promoted to the top tier, will start the season with a points deduction/probable limitations on spending and their manager (who’s only been there for one season) gets snapped up by a top club. 

Whoever comes in has an almighty challenge so it will need to be someone positive, driven and above all else realistic.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

The way that is phrased, it sounds like the DOF at Leuven has offered Garcia to our DOF.

I can imagine Rudkin flying out to his office at lueven, sitting at his desk and then ringing his mobile. 

1 minute ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

This could only happen to us.

I don’t think there will be another occasion in the history of football where a team gets promoted to the top tier, will start the season with a points deduction/probable limitations on spending and their manager (who’s only been there for one season) gets snapped up by a top club. 

Whoever comes in has an almighty challenge so it will need to be someone positive, driven and above all else realistic.

If Everton can survive with Calvert-Lewis playing up front, we can. 

53 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Screenshot_20240531_125645_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f3db46850a45c97b164cfc5b09cf7885.jpg

Rowdy Roddy Piper. I'd take that. 

Hacksaw Jim Duggan as coach? 

I'm all in! 

Screenshot_20240531_125716_Chrome.jpg.4ded9c249309ae107e9e5dfaea329ad2.jpg

“OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO”