Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

If we all believe the doom mongerers, sleuth sayers, media, and any other supposed football journalist we are royally shafted next season without a ball even being kicked yet.  We, could end up

with less points than Derbys record lowest points total and Sheffield Uniteds combined.

It is a shame that the same people who have put us in the PSR PREDICAMENT are the same people who will have to appoint our next manager.  

Unfortunately, that is the problem.

I wouldn't trust Rudkin and co at all,

Rudkin, a man I wouldn't want to follow into a gents urinal let alone trust to employ a competent manager that quite frankly, will have to work jesus like miracles in order to survive next season in the

premier league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

If we all believe the doom mongerers, sleuth sayers, media, and any other supposed football journalist we are royally shafted next season without a ball even being kicked yet.  We, could end up

with less points than Derbys record lowest points total and Sheffield Uniteds combined.

It is a shame that the same people who have put us in the PSR PREDICAMENT are the same people who will have to appoint our next manager.  

Rudkin, a man I wouldn't want to follow into a gents urinal let alone trust to employ a competent manager that quite frankly, will have to work jesus like miracles in order to survive next season in the

premier league.

Regardless of what happens we will not end up with less points than derby. We should be competitive 

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If Everton can survive with Calvert-Lewis playing up front, we can. 

We definitely can, the realism I mention is purely survival. Let’s not run before we can walk.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Hard to get a sense of who people actually want from this thread!

Gonna be disappointment all round regardless isn't it  :D

From what i can see:

• 'Safe pair of hands that will just keep us up. Apparently. Just ignore how crap West Ham have been in the league the last 2 years' but he won the euro league that Brendan didn't know existed.  - Moyes
  • 'Did alright at a shit club, even if he looks like he lives mid sneeze and plays awful football.' - Cooper
  • 'Has an identity, but only ever managed shit clubs. But to make things seem better we can mention Bielsa lots.' - Corberan
  • 'Hate him. Scumbag. Boring football. But would be great banter with Vardy'. - Mourinho
  • 'They played the best football ever, and scored tonnes of goals, and it's the best possession football there ever was (err - was it now???) - Potter
  • 'It's going to be him because he's as Leuven' - García
Edited by Chelmofox
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

From what i can see:

• 'Safe pair of hands that will just keep us up. Apparently. Just ignore how crap West Ham have been in the league the last 2 years'.  - Moyes
  • 'Did alright at a shit club, even if he looks like he lives mid sneeze and plays awful football.' - Cooper
  • 'Has an identity, but only ever managed shit clubs. But to make things seem better we can mention Bielsa lots.' - Corberan
  • 'Hate him. Scumbag. Boring football. But would be great banter with Vardy'. - Mourinho
  • 'They played the best football ever, and scored tonnes of goals, and it's the best possession football there ever was (err - was it now???) - Potter
  • 'It's going to be him because he's as Leuven' - García

Anyone not following this is in for a Ruud awakening... 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

We definitely can, the realism I mention is purely survival. Let’s not run before we can walk.

That ships sailed, I’ve already pegged it half way down the M1……..

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oscar-garcia-admission-jon-rudkin-9316597

• 13:12, 31 MAY 2024
  • UPDATED13:13, 31 MAY 2024

Oscar Garcia may have a head start on the other candidates for the Leicester City job having spoken to the club’s director of football Jon Rudkin regularly for the past few months.

Garcia, currently in charge of City’s Belgian sister club OH Leuven, is among the names mentioned in connection with the soon-to-be-vacant hotseat at the King Power Stadium. City are set to ramp up their pursuit of a new manager once Enzo Maresca is announced as Chelsea boss, with confirmation expected on Friday.

On Thursday evening, L’Equipe reported that Garcia was under consideration to be Maresca’s successor having impressed the City hierarchy during his spell with Leuven. Taking over in November with the club in the relegation zone in Belgium, Garcia narrowly guided Leuven to safety and then kicked on once the division had been split into three sections, with the King Power-owned club in the mid-table group.

In all, Garcia won eight, drew eight and lost 11 league matches in charge of Leuven as they ended 10th in the table, matching the club’s best finish. City owner Aiyawatt ‘Top’ Srivaddhabaprabha and director of football Rudkin were both in the stands for the final game of the season last weekend.

But that was far from the first meeting between Garcia and Rudkin. The Spaniard said last month that he spoke regularly with him, and had told him of his wishes to return to management in England one day, having had spells with Brighton and Watford previously.

Garcia told L’Equipe: “I'm happy because I can do what I love the most: coaching. Even more so with a powerful company in this project, King Power. They wanted to bring more professionalism to the club, change how it operates and above all keep the team in the top division. We have succeeded.

“King Power's appeal was momentous. They own Leicester City. I speak with the sporting director every week. He knows that my dream is to return to England one day.”

On 30/05/2024 at 12:11, mozartfox said:

I will mention it again,  Christian Ilzer at Sturm Graz.  Similar to Oliver Glasner in many ways, finished as Champions above Red Bull Salzburg and tipped for a move to Germany or England quite soon.

Any possibility this chap could be in the frame? 

Garcia makes no sense on any level. Won’t cut it in the Prem. Isn’t the right man if and when we get relegated. He would be an absolute disaster. But as we are run by clueless morons I imagine it will be him. 

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oscar-garcia-admission-jon-rudkin-9316597

• 13:12, 31 MAY 2024
  • UPDATED13:13, 31 MAY 2024

Oscar Garcia may have a head start on the other candidates for the Leicester City job having spoken to the club’s director of football Jon Rudkin regularly for the past few months.

Garcia, currently in charge of City’s Belgian sister club OH Leuven, is among the names mentioned in connection with the soon-to-be-vacant hotseat at the King Power Stadium. City are set to ramp up their pursuit of a new manager once Enzo Maresca is announced as Chelsea boss, with confirmation expected on Friday.

On Thursday evening, L’Equipe reported that Garcia was under consideration to be Maresca’s successor having impressed the City hierarchy during his spell with Leuven. Taking over in November with the club in the relegation zone in Belgium, Garcia narrowly guided Leuven to safety and then kicked on once the division had been split into three sections, with the King Power-owned club in the mid-table group.

In all, Garcia won eight, drew eight and lost 11 league matches in charge of Leuven as they ended 10th in the table, matching the club’s best finish. City owner Aiyawatt ‘Top’ Srivaddhabaprabha and director of football Rudkin were both in the stands for the final game of the season last weekend.

But that was far from the first meeting between Garcia and Rudkin. The Spaniard said last month that he spoke regularly with him, and had told him of his wishes to return to management in England one day, having had spells with Brighton and Watford previously.

Garcia told L’Equipe: “I'm happy because I can do what I love the most: coaching. Even more so with a powerful company in this project, King Power. They wanted to bring more professionalism to the club, change how it operates and above all keep the team in the top division. We have succeeded.

“King Power's appeal was momentous. They own Leicester City. I speak with the sporting director every week. He knows that my dream is to return to England one day.”

It’s good to dream. But maybe dream of Sunderland?

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Good job at Preston

Good job at Everton too. With little to spend at times. Upset the apple cart a few times against the big boys, something we used to do prePuel , Rodgers et al. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxdiamond said:

Any possibility this chap could be in the frame? 

If he is not, he should be.   Got Sturm into the Champions League for next season finishing above RB Salzburg.   Rudkin will have never heard of him. Expect he will end up in Germany.  Looks like Enzo with greyish beard.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

premier league.

The last thing this thread needs is Wagatha Christie doom mongering! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Garcia makes no sense on any level. Won’t cut it in the Prem. Isn’t the right man if and when we get relegated. He would be an absolute disaster. But as we are run by clueless morons I imagine it will be him. 

He is cheap

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

I think there is a time and place for attractive football. Last season, we really should have been playing good football but this year, I couldn't care less what the football looks like. This year, results matter above all else. 

I don’t agree, football should always be entertaining because that’s it’s function and attacking football is pragmatic. Scoring goals is the aim and that is attractive.

If it’s about survival, where do you draw the line? A lot of people would have said (and did say) that results were all that mattered last season. Most seasons are going to be about surviving relegation or needing to win promotion for a club like us.

Need I remind people that we were fancied for relegation when Ranieri took over. Ever since that season no manager should ever have been able to tell a club they should be grateful just to survive. Attacking football gives you a better chance of scoring and you can’t get 3 points with clean sheets and possession alone.

1 hour ago, suffolk fox said:

premier league.

What if Rudkin followed you into a toilet?