Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

29 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

This FFP and sanctions looming over us is a real headache and quite possibly hinder any good managerial talents we’d be able to attract. This is not quite as straightforward as I thought it was going to be. Damn!

So best we pick a coach who has a history of performing with a limited budget. They are out there but not in Rudkins intel pack.

1 minute ago, CaliFOXnia said:

You've got to look at his CV and what he's achieved in the game pal. In my opinion there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that a manager who has won 2 UCL's, 3 Premier Leagues, 2 Serie A's and 2 La Liga titles comes to a newly promoted Premier League side, and that's before you throw FFP, Jon Rudkin and a possible points deduction into the mix. 

Near certain relegation isn't something he needs to add to that, and nor should he want to. I don't think the draw of the Premier League is anywhere near enough to outweigh the risks of taking a job that you have a probably 5% chance of being succesful in from the get-go.

I do agree with you on that it would have been a hell of a task to convince him. Just thought his standards were a bit higher than the Turkish league to be honest. Surely he could have taken over at a Portuguese/Dutch club and been in a similar situation? 

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yeah I get that and obviously the Champions league is a big draw, but the Super Lig is something like the 8th or 9th best league in Europe, surely he could go to Portugal or Netherlands and be in the same position? 
I don't think Jose was a serious suggestion, but if he's going to the 9th league in the European pyramid just to get Championship football and manage Fred surely the Premier League would be a bigger prospect?

Yeah sure, he'd come to Leicester with half the salary, - 6pts minimum, no European football and also choose Leicester over Istanbul to enjoy the "brilliant" English breakfast and the same Indian food over and over again instead of quality Greek and Turkish dishes for free everyday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

We've really declined if that's who we'd be after. Did pretty well at Wednesday but a 4th place finish at Braga is par for the course. Way behind the top 3 in terms of budget but then there's a huge gap between Braga and the rest. It's very much a top 4 there of which they're slightly on the outside. Had a decent career but with all the younger managers out there, he'd be a dreadful choice.

Yeah for me it's just a personal one, I like him as I've always semi followed Wednesday as a 2nd club and I loved him when he was there, I would have serious reservations but he's the sort of manager who would likely stick around if we went down and has experience of this country. I'd still take Corberan first. 

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Yeah sure, he'd come to Leicester with half the salary, - 6pts minimum, no European football and also choose Leicester over Istanbul to enjoy the "brilliant" English breakfast and the same Indian food over and over again instead of quality Greek and Turkish dishes for free everyday. 

Will be interesting to see what sort of Salary he gets there, I'm sure there will be something else behind the scenes

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So best we pick a coach who has a history of performing with a limited budget. They are out there but not in Rudkins intel pack.

The way we are run at the moment, we could tell Carlos Corberan just to turn up to the club, tell Rudkin that Top signed him, tell Top that Rudkin signed him and he'd probably get away with it with 6 months.

The Oscar Garcia thing looks all too set up doesn’t it. Don’t think he’d have taken the OH Leuven job based on the project, so it seems he likely was told it was his way in. 

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The way we are run at the moment, we could tell Carlos Corberan just to turn up to the club, tell Rudkin that Top signed him, tell Top that Rudkin signed him and he'd probably get away with it with 6 months.

You make it sound like our board is cr*p at appointing managers. Can you name me one bad appointment this board has made? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

You make it sound like our board is cr*p at appointing managers. Can you name me one bad appointment this board has made? 

I was talking more about how the club is run from a financial perspective, not signing players on time, "lying" to managers about the financial situation, and keeping Rodgers for another 12 months when it was clear he was destroying the club from the inside. Giving monumental contracts to very average players etc etc. When it comes to managers I think there were solid cases for each one that we have signed at the time of signing them, I hope we get the next one right because we need it desperately. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

3 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

Sousa, Sven, Shakespeare and possibly Puel.

3 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

If this isn't a sarcastic post, appointments are proven successful or not by the results. Apart from Puel which was a very strange one and the Three Stooges we got in to save us from relegation, all the other appointments had at least a plan in paper. 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't disagree with you and all the figures re transfers and money spent there are spot on. I'm just taking a pragmatic approach strictly talking about the achievement of the manager compared to a realistic (or not realistic) board target. 

By the same token, couldn’t the board sack him if they weren’t satisfied with his work? That’s clearly not happening

Edited by Phenom

36 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yeah I get that and obviously the Champions league is a big draw, but the Super Lig is something like the 8th or 9th best league in Europe, surely he could go to Portugal or Netherlands and be in the same position? 
I don't think Jose was a serious suggestion, but if he's going to the 9th league in the European pyramid just to get Championship football and manage Fred surely the Premier League would be a bigger prospect?

Can you name the leagues in order after the top 4? Who comes next? Portugal? Russia? Poland? Greece? None that I can think of are notably better than Turkey.

6 minutes ago, enmac said:

Can you name the leagues in order after the top 4? Who comes next? Portugal? Russia? Poland? Greece? None that I can think of are notably better than Turkey.

France would be 5. Then Portugal and Holland

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, enmac said:

Off the top of my head I can think of Ligue 1, Eridivisie and Primeira Liga, which would put Super Lig 8th, then there’s a debate over whether the championship is a harder league overall, the exact order of the other main 3 I’m not sure as it stands now. 

Edit: Thanks to posters above, should have read those comments before writing the same thing. 

Edited by cityfanlee23