Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

31 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Absolutely.

Puel was just straight up awful.

Underachieved under Rodgers - didn’t deserve to win the fa cup.

Bottled champions league TWICE.

And Maresca was indeed a miss. Wrong manager, wrong time. All three think that the team with the most possession wins the game.

So, you'd rather stay in the Championship for as long as possible?..

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Did not see that, thanks

I have had a quiet day and have been on this forum far too much, hoping for news but instead have been reading some proper weird shit like keinan dewsbury croc

• Haha 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

If we are really going for Cooper we may as well just get Nige back

Don't think his health troubles would allow that.

Just now, robski said:

Just now, robski said:

He’s right on all three……we were a bit lucky with FA Cup win.

I am actually a bit pissed but thinking straight.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, robski said:

How were we lucky to win the FA cup? Do explain? 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, robski said:

Breaking the “Self quote same post twice” metric suggests evidence to the contrary.

edit just opened another bottle of wine to try to get in the mindset so I can contribute more effectively

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Absolutely.

Puel was just straight up awful.

Underachieved under Rodgers - didn’t deserve to win the fa cup.

Bottled champions league TWICE.

And Maresca was indeed a miss. Wrong manager, wrong time. All three think that the team with the most possession wins the game.

Puels tenure actually makes me question what I know about football, I actually wanted him sacked and couldn't fathom what he was doing, how wrong I was.

It's no easy task to turn a squad players that have recently won the league without being comfortable in possession, to being a possession based side whilst still being competitive, and doing it on a shoe string budget, but Claude Puel was on the cusp of that before he was sacked, he was a far better manager we gave him credit for, and Rodgers benefitted from that a lot

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Puels tenure actually makes me question what I know about football, I actually wanted him sacked and couldn't fathom what he was doing, how wrong I was.

It's no easy task to turn a squad players that have recently won the league without being comfortable in possession, to being a possession based side whilst still being competitive, and doing it on a shoe string budget, but Claude Puel was on the cusp of that before he was sacked, he was a far better manager we gave him credit for, and Rodgers benefitted from that a lot

Your self awareness and reason is not welcome here.  

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Hang about? Are you pissed? 

Didn’t deserve to win the FA cup? 

Give your head a wobble duck. 

Have you ever used the phrase “give your head a wobble duck” in real life?  If you have I think we might know each other, if you haven’t.. what’s with the weird internet persona? I know of only one who speaks this way. 😅

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Puels tenure actually makes me question what I know about football

I was the other way around. I liked his work with us, albeit mystified by his selection decisions in cup games. 

Yet, I have heard from a good source that the dressing room were totally bemused by him. He'd walk in to the dressing room after a defeat looking at stats and mumbles 'well played'. That was the extent of a debrief. 

A very contradictory and enigmatic reign. 

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Puel built the spine of a strong team, although not manager material.. for me he’d make an excellent chief scout.

• Like 1

Apart from his recruitment, Puel was awful. No need to rewrite history. Football snobs will put possession football on this high pedestal but they’re talking tosh. If we had not gone down the Brighton model after Shakey was sacked, we would have got top four finish’s in that period. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Nobody was happy with Puel.

The football was dire mate.

Rodgers last 2 years made everything that came before it irrelevant. He is hated by the fans. So that’s a miss. His stubbornness and poor management saw us fall short.

and Enzo…

you only have to look at the posts mate, fan base was torn. We stuck with him because we were grinding out results, but he squandered a huge lead due to his idea of what football has to be. We won the league which was great, but genuine I didn’t find last season that enjoyable. Pissing around at the back, slowing everything down and allowing the opposition to get back, to then be unable to break them down. It was dreadful. And we limped over the line and into the automatic spots because of Vardy and his meeting, also the players going against the managers instructions and scoring goals on the counter. I couldn’t be happier that he’s gone.

This..  🙌  Bang on the money, son! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

So it’s Cooper then

?

IMG_7424.jpeg

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Puel built the spine of a strong team, although not manager material.. for me he’d make an excellent chief scout.

He was playing vardy upfront on his own, and with a double pivot against sides we all thought he should be going gung ho.on, however his brief was to make us a possession based side. The problem Puel had was the gap between the double.pivot and the single striker we'd play, then along came Tielemens who was the missing link, and not long after he was sacked. 

He probably had lost the dressing room at that point but looking back he did some necessary work in moving us on

• Like 3

If we are really getting that goony **** Cooper I will have to send my ticket ticket back. Repulsive man, Repulsive football, 3rd rate relegation manager. Was lucky at Forest due to have 987 random players. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TommyK said:

No denying that Puel was hard to watch. But the players he bought in where mostly excellent. Ricardo, Evans, Madison, Soyuncu, Youri. 

He started the transition. Sure the football was shit. But my point is that he built the foundation. 

BR last 18 months do not get rid of the fa cup win and 5th places finishes. That's just a crazy comment. Yes he's hated. He's a dick. But my point is that he was successful until the last season. You can't judge a manager on how it ended, but what happened the whole time. 

Should we disregard the title winning because of Claudios second season? 

Eduardo Macia was just as influential as Puel, he was our head of recruitment. Puel can be reasonably assessed to have suggested Ricardo and possibly Tielemans but for many years our signings are a collective effort and recommended to our managers.