Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Going to be a hard to watch season, minimal funds and starting behind.. pretty much resigned to dropping and then starting over next year myself.

Sod paying over the odds, I'll do it for a season.. there's going to be a lot of need for ' get into em, fk em up' and 'attack attack attack' anyway. 🤣 

Serious note though, I don't want a big name, or someone seemingly on the way up, already attracting higher suitors. We need someone of the Corberan mould, that's decent enough, likely to stay a few years for stability and to get us set again.

Next few years there will be an even bigger turn around in playing staff, it would be useful to have the managerial team fixed for a while.

There is hardly anyone in that current squad, albeit age, personality or ability that I think will be here in 12 to 24 months time so its an opportunity for a manager to really make it their own squad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Winstonthedog said:

We will now be entering the twilight zone for the next few weeks ... Top .. Rudkin and Whelan..  all have other stuff to do ... holidays ... shopping... gardening... hair and nails .... 

Rudkin had his nails done last week. Saw him sat in the window of our local nail bar. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Tanner was on the LTID video yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Na9wL-WaQ

He said:

1. The owners want to retain a ‘modern progressive, possession-based style’ with the new manager, they’re adopting a long-term philosophy

2. While PSR will be a consideration, the most important thing is finding the right person so they’ll pay the money if they need to 

3. There is disappointment about Enzo leaving as the board thought he was staying and in it for the longer term but the lure of Chelsea was too much 

4. The job is an attractive one, especially for a young manager wanting to prove themselves. As we know already, said the club have long admired Potter but the situation might not be right for him. He thinks Cooper will be considered but he said the club are still working through the target list. 

Potter will end up on the scrap heap soon enough if he doesn't get back in quickly.

Look at this from a prospective coaches perspective 

we can’t spend a lot 

we have a points deduction somewhere between 6 and 12 next season which won’t be known until well into the season 

I can’t see how we attract an established top flight manager -  whilst the calibre of our targets will all be super confident in their own abilities to succeed,  that possibility of a double digit deduction together with an inability to recruit ‘ready to go’ players at this level means the job just looks a bit of a poisoned chalice with a strong likelihood of relegation next spring coupled with an EFL waiting to ‘chop our legs off’ at the first opportunity. 

whilst we might want to bring in certain targets,  I reckon it’s going to be a v expensive task to get one of them to commit.  can only see money as being a motivation to get someone in. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Potter will end up on the scrap heap soon enough if he doesn't get back in quickly.

Never on the scrap heap because there'll always be a club in the Championship who will give him a go and if he does well there, there's a road back. To be fair, this is a guy that got to the top already by taking an unorthodox route.

But it does feel like after having managed Chelsea, he's hanging on feeling like he should get similar jobs and he's waiting for another opening at the top of the table where as he probably just needs to jump back in now with any Prem club and accept that recruiting clubs don't feel he's quite ready for the heights he seems to want to be at.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

we can’t spend a lot 

we have a points deduction somewhere between 6 and 12 next season which won’t be known until well into the season 

I can’t see how we attract an established top flight manager -  whilst the calibre of our targets will all be super confident in their own abilities to succeed,  that possibility of a double digit deduction together with an inability to recruit ‘ready to go’ players at this level means the job just looks a bit of a poisoned chalice with a strong likelihood of relegation next spring coupled with an EFL waiting to ‘chop our legs off’ at the first opportunity. 

whilst we might want to bring in certain targets,  I reckon it’s going to be a v expensive task to get one of them to commit.  can only see money as being a motivation to get someone in. 

I get what you mean but I do think managers want to manage in the premier league and test themselves in that league. There are only 20 jobs so if you want to work in it, you might have to compromise somewhere. 

Edited by DezFox

1 hour ago, kingpower said:

I think unless it’s a manager who’s out of work then we won’t be paying any compensation until 1st of July as it’ll fall into the next round of accounts. The £10m+ for Enzo will deffo help this time round so why would they want to offset that - then again, it is Rudkin running things so…

Any compensation would be spread over the length of the managers contract, so initially it would make very little dent to PSR for 2023/24 unless the compensation is similar to that of Maresca's.

Corberan for example is supposedly £2-3m which would be as less as £1m for 23/24 if he joined before the end of June.

Maresca going still likely requires us to sell at least one of KDH, Hermansen, Justin or another player we can clear £15m + million in accounting profit.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Didn’t Sarri want to stay in Italy to be close to his elderly mother? Don’t think that has changed, no news she passed away, if so I doubt he is coming to England for work at all. 

EDIT/ I’m blind, his mother sadly passed away around a month ago, so possibly there is something in the rumour…

Edited by FoxesWalk

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Never on the scrap heap because there'll always be a club in the Championship who will give him a go and if he does well there, there's a road back. To be fair, this is a guy that got to the top already by taking an unorthodox route.

But it does feel like after having managed Chelsea, he's hanging on feeling like he should get similar jobs and he's waiting for another opening at the top of the table where as he probably just needs to jump back in now with any Prem club and accept that recruiting clubs don't feel he's quite ready for the heights he seems to want to be at.

We’re probably the perfect project for Potter, but, I think he’s too proud to take a job on with an ounce of baggage (which is insane considering Chelsea are a heap)…. Although, I think he would do a good job to be fair. Imagine what it would do for him if he kept us up? Imagine what it would do for any manager to be fair (although I don’t think it’s a daunting task as some are making out)….. the squad we have already is decent, a few clever additions and the right managerial team in place and we should have enough about us to overcome the odds. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We’re probably the perfect project for Potter, but, I think he’s too proud to take a job on with an ounce of baggage

I don't know about perfect tbf. We still don't fully know the extent of the financial mess.

There's probably more straightforward Prem jobs towards the mid/bottom of the table that he could walk in to.

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Any compensation would be spread over the length of the managers contract, so initially it would make very little dent to PSR for 2023/24 unless the compensation is similar to that of Maresca's.

Corberan for example is supposedly £2-3m which would be as less as £1m for 23/24 if he joined before the end of June.

Maresca going still likely requires us to sell at least one of KDH, Hermansen, Justin or another player we can clear £15m + million in accounting profit.

Is it possible that if we sign him (or anyone else) after June that the compensation drops? Could we be holding out to get someone cheaper?

I think people are overestimating our appeal here. We've half a squad, a ridiculous wage bill, minimal funds to fix the team and a huge points deduction incoming. People shunning the likes of Potter and Moyes could end up really underwhelmed I fear. 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

we can’t spend a lot 

No doubt money (that is salary package, not transfer war chest) will be a factor.

Also the opportunity to manage in the prem / using us as a shop window will be attractive for others.

There will be a long list of potential managers wanting the job, and the decision I think is do they go for someone who sees us as a project for a number of years (sticking with us if we are relegated)or someone who will likely have an impact but be off as soon as someone in top 6 shows a bit of leg.

That’s not to say the calibre of names will match with ideally what some fans would want. And probably expect whoever comes in will end up splitting opinion.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Or he’s still getting a fat wedge for being on holiday and a job which supersedes that hasn’t come along yet 

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Tanner was on the LTID video yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Na9wL-WaQ

He said:

1. The owners want to retain a ‘modern progressive, possession-based style’ with the new manager, they’re adopting a long-term philosophy

2. While PSR will be a consideration, the most important thing is finding the right person so they’ll pay the money if they need to 

3. There is disappointment about Enzo leaving as the board thought he was staying and in it for the longer term but the lure of Chelsea was too much 

4. The job is an attractive one, especially for a young manager wanting to prove themselves. As we know already, said the club have long admired Potter but the situation might not be right for him. He thinks Cooper will be considered but he said the club are still working through the target list. 

Can't wait to see more thrilling, edge of your seat, 'modern possession based style' football

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

He said:

Why would they even consider Cooper if their point 1 regarding progressive possession is their prerogative.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Is it possible that if we sign him (or anyone else) after June that the compensation drops? Could we be holding out to get someone cheaper?

Doubt it. The release clauses are usually fixed or track with the wages of the manager. Ours in the past have tended to be around 1-2 years salary.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kristiansen is an obvious one around £10m.

plus Iversen and another squad player - should get us £15m+ and maybe take the pressure off to sell KDH

Trouble is, how many clubs are going to want to buy pre-July smack bang in the middle of the Euros 

Edited by kingpower

1 minute ago, kingpower said:

Kristiansen is an obvious one around £10m.

plus Iversen and another squad player - should get us £15m+ and maybe take the pressure off to sell KDH

We’ve blown it regarding Iversen, be lucky to get 1-2 million now, especially as his wages have increased. 4 million we rejected, lunacy! I’m not sure how much money we’d be getting back for Kristiensen if we only sold him for 10m vs amortisation.

Sources from Greece: "Sarri rejected to go into the further talks with Panathinaikos after the initial offer. Leicester is interested but Sarri will need a few more weeks to decide as he has a lot of personal things going on in Italy now".