Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

8 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Not sure how reliable FosseHub are, but sounds feasible as we've been trying for years to get Potter. It'll still be a no 

The source isn't FosseHub, but rather Alan Nixon.

That being said, your point probably still stands.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Iran said:

"Waiting for the England job"

How arrogant, hope they give it someone else.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

"Waiting for the England job"

How arrogant, hope they give it someone else.

I think they've made that up. I'm pretty sure Potter said when he got the sack he was taking time off because of the impact the Chelsea gig had on him and his family.

Potter never struck me personally as someone that arrogant but surely no-one thinks they are entitled to a national team job like that are they.

No but he's probably looking at the current options available and feeling this could be a great chance for him. That's not arrogance. There's probably a lack of potential applicants that are both deemed good enough and would be interested themselves.  You've got someone like Poch out of work, but firstly he probably backs himself to get a high profile job somewhere plus the possibility that he doesn't want to move into the International scene yet, as with many other potential candidates.

Potter has been very anonymous since his Chelsea stint. Looks like he really got spooked by that sacking. I hope the club doesn’t waste too much energy chasing him if the man isn’t ready to manage again.

we need someone hungry, believes this is a project, has ambition and wants to manage this squad if players (it’s a good squad)!

Posted (edited)

Imagine if the club did genuinely want someone Russell Martin or Steve Cooper,  given the negative reactions to them from quite a few on this forum..

Be careful what you wish for.

Think Corberan is the best of the apparent bookies' favourites.

As funny as it sounds, you don't necessarily need to have an excellent season, for example gaining promotion, to be a good football manager.

Edited by Wymsey

56 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Potter has been very anonymous since his Chelsea stint. Looks like he really got spooked by that sacking. I hope the club doesn’t waste too much energy chasing him if the man isn’t ready to manage again.

we need someone hungry, believes this is a project, has ambition and wants to manage this squad if players (it’s a good squad)!

The next Alan Curbishley. Heard it here first 😜 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

Not sure how reliable FosseHub are, but sounds feasible as we've been trying for years to get Potter. It'll still be a no 

Was going to ask the same question.

Edited by Wymsey

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Imagine if the club did genuinely want someone Russell Martin or Steve Cooper,  given the negative reactions to them from quite a few on this forum..

Be careful what you wish for.

Think Corberan is the best of the apparent bookies' favourites.

As funny as it sounds, you don't necessarily need to have an excellent season, for example gaining promotion, to be a good football manager.

I think if the club takes on Steve Cooper it's genuinely time for me to give up my ticket. Guy doesn't have one likeable aspect I can get behind. Genuinely setting the club back 30 years with that level of manager, basically league 1 material at best. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

I think they've made that up. I'm pretty sure Potter said when he got the sack he was taking time off because of the impact the Chelsea gig had on him and his family.

Potter never struck me personally as someone that arrogant but surely no-one thinks they are entitled to a national team job like that are they.

If Southgate leaves after the Euros and Potter wants the job, he will be offered it. That’s not arrogance - it’s just the reality of the situation. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think if the club takes on Steve Cooper it's genuinely time for me to give up my ticket. Guy doesn't have one likeable aspect I can get behind. Genuinely setting the club back 30 years with that level of manager, basically league 1 material at best. 

Bit harsh lol 

Cooper literally has a Championship promotion and two Championship play-off campaigns on his CV.

While also having a great history for developing youth. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Bit harsh lol 

Cooper literally has a Championship promotion and two Championship play-off campaigns on his CV.

While also having a great history for developing youth. 

Is it really that great a history? You could say similar about Peter Taylor. Given what he had at Forest they were terrible. There are many mediocre Championship managers with Promotions out of depth in the Prem, for example, Farke, Warner, Parker etc.

We need to aim higher than that fodder. 

It's like going from Poundland Pep to just well Poundland Goony

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Is it really that great a history? You could say similar about Peter Taylor. Given what he had at Forest they were terrible. There are many mediocre Championship managers with Promotions out of depth in the Prem, for example, Farke, Warner, Parker etc.

We need to aim higher than that fodder. 

It's like going from Poundland Pep to just well Poundland Goony

Far better history than some other possibilities. The way he got Forest promoted, plus keeping them up with about 30 squad changes shouldn’t be knocked imo. 

Also his history of helping develop youth seems to get pushed aside by many. 

The pool of managers like Cooper, Corberan and a few others with Championship credentials might be our most realistic options. 

Cooper wouldn’t be my first or even second choice, but knocking certain aspects of his history is just silly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

If he becomes manager, be prepared for some extremely long games, a Grand master of the dark arts is Cooper.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

If Cooper was stunningly good looking, people would have less of an issue with him coming here.

Nobody wants to be associated with ugly. 

Agreed.

It's actually quite cringeworthy that he's being partially dismissed because of his looks. The guy can't help it and am sure he doesn't give two hoots about it either.

• Like 1