Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

13 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Didn't want to make a new thread asking people's predictions about who they think will actually replace Maresca, but personally think it'll be Corboran.

I reckon we’ll go for someone out of work where there isn’t a compo package to negotiate. 

• Like 1

I worry with Moyes about his attitude. Was fine at West Ham with a decent squad, but at Sunderland he was abysmal when the chips were down. With us having a points deduction I can't imagine he's up for that fight 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I worry with Moyes about his attitude. Was fine at West Ham with a decent squad, but at Sunderland he was abysmal when the chips were down. With us having a points deduction I can't imagine he's up for that fight 

This is exactly my concern with Moyes. That season with Sunderland was awful. Turned on the fans, digging out players in public etc.

• Like 1

You cannot judge Moyes on that season at Sunderland they were a basket case of a club off the pitch. Every manager is aloud a blip season imo, for us he would be a good shout, has considerable premier league management experience. We are not going to get an elite manager, and I don't want us to go down the unproven managerial route hiring someone like Corberan as a newly promoted premier league club.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

You cannot judge Moyes on that season at Sunderland they were a basket case of a club off the pitch. Every manager is aloud a blip season imo, for us he would be a good shout, has considerable premier league management experience. We are not going to get an elite manager, and I don't want us to go down the unproven managerial route hiring someone like Corberan as a newly promoted premier league club.

Unfortunately, we are teetering towards being a basket case off the pitch as well. We need someone who can manage upwards or at least provide a clear strategy to distract the players. It could be Moyes but I think he might wait for a better job than us.

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I'd be happy with Moyes

I'd be happy with Cooper

I'd be happy with Potter

I'd be happy with Corberan

From bottom to top would be my preferred order.

But yeah, I wouldn’t be too disappointed with any of them to be honest.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Has John Percy said anything on this recently?

Everything Percy seems to say about us, involve  'Leicester are shafted and are getting 6 to 15 points deduction'  this subtext he's wildly speculative about and appears to be relishing backs up the speculation that his source at the club has cut ties 🤣

15 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I'd be happy with Moyes

I'd be happy with Cooper

I'd be happy with Potter

I'd be happy with Corberan

Remove Cooper and I'd be happy with your list, in that order :thumbup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

From bottom to top would be my preferred order.

But yeah, I wouldn’t be too disappointed with any of them to be honest.

Nor would I. If we lived in an alternative world in which we had no points deduction to worry about, had been financially well-managed over the past few years and had a sizeable transfer kitty to play with this summer, I'd probably be a little underwhelmed by some of those names. However, as we are facing a points deduction and will have limited room for manoeuvre in the transfer market, I'd be happy to take anybody who gives us a fighting chance of survival. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

I think Moyes fits the bill as a ‘fighting chance’ type manager. He’d get us well drilled and organised.

But it wouldn’t be too pretty. And he could look to bring one or two older heads with him from the back room staff and possibly the players too.

It all depends what the club wants. A younger bloke with fresh ideas or an older more experienced bloke with discipline.

Possibly the latter might be better for one season.

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Moyes's finishes with West Ham

6th (2020-2021)

7th (2021-2022)

14th (2022-2023)

9th (2023-2024)

That's not particularly bad.

Won a European trophy also.

Doubt he'd come, though. 

Sadly, I think we'll end up with someone who none of us are that happy with.

The points deduction will put most decent managers off, I think.

2 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

Doubt he'd come, though. 

I think people are overthinking this points thing too much.

To be honest, if I am a manager, come in with the assurance I am not held personally accountable if we go down, unless we are really bad obviously. But if we give it a good fight, I want the chance to come back up.

Also 6 points is 2 wins, we could get that of Southampton and Ipswich if we play it right. 

• Like 1

I think Moyes options might be limited so I think he'd come, but I'd only want him on a short contract to keep us up.

Forget Potter, definitely not Cooper

De Zerbi (in my dreams) or Rob Edwards for me, if not then Moyes 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

Doubt he'd come, though. 

It's interesting that opinion seems so overwhelmingly negative about the prospect of it being Cooper. I always think it's useful to take note of how potential managers are regarded at their former clubs. As far as I can tell, Cooper is still held in very high regard at Swansea and Forest, and was apparently very well-thought of for his work in the England youth set-up. I just have this weird feeling that if it does end up being him, he might be one of those managers whose arrival is treated negatively by the fans but who goes on to become a bit of a legend.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1