Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Posted (edited)

I feel like Moyes is the boring choice. Probably had the highest low but the lowest high of all the candidates. We know he won’t ever get us above mid table. But he probably won’t take us down either. I wouldn’t want him. I don’t think he’s a bad manager, but I just would rather us take a punt. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I feel like Moyes is the boring choice. Probably had the highest low but the lowest high of all the candidates. We know he won’t ever get us above mid table. But he probably won’t take us down either. I wouldn’t want him. I don’t think he’s a bad manager, but I just would rather us take a punt. 

Completely disagree on the lowest high. He won a European trophy for West Ham, I don't think any other manager with a major trophy would even look at us at this point. Boring football by all accounts, and I understand not wanting to subject ourselves to that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Tanner said the board want to maintain the progressive, possession-based style of football so there is a long-term approach at the club. 

So doesn't sound like Moyes would be an option. 

Good. And unless Cooper has spent the last 6 months at the University of Pep, shaved his head and grown a solid stubble then i imagine it wont be him either.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Good. And unless Cooper has spent the last 6 months at the University of Pep, shaved his head and grown a solid stubble then i imagine it wont be him either.

Makes more sense why we went after Sarri as well.

Hopefully this is a sign that the club have learned its lessons and not being so reliant on one individual as we were with Rodgers. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Completely disagree on the lowest high. He won a European trophy for West Ham, I don't think any other manager with a major trophy would even look at us at this point. Boring football by all accounts, and I understand not wanting to subject ourselves to that.

I meant he kind of has a ceiling whereas we’re not 100% sure what the ceiling is on the other candidates. He’s had a higher high in his career yes. But he’s certainly not an elite manager. Which is fine. And safe. I just meant personally I’d rather take a punt on someone who could end up being a top top tier manager. Even if the risks of that are they end up absolutely shit. 

Edited by RumbleFox

Cooper is clearly an absolute genius. He managed to get an abysmal Forest team promoted somehow. 

I’d probably be more interested in him if we had failed to get promoted, however.

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I meant he kind of has a ceiling whereas we’re not 100% sure what the ceiling is on the other candidates. He’s had a higher high in his career yes. But he’s certainly not an elite manager. Which is fine. And safe. I just meant personally I’d rather take a punt on someone who could end up being a top top tier manager. Even if the risks of that are they end up absolutely shit. 

I get where you're coming from, but if we do take a gamble on somebody who turns out to be the second coming of Pep, we won't be able to keep a hold of them with the way we're ran and then we're back to square one. I mean hell, Maresca is a slightly above-average Pep impersonator and he's getting poached after one good season. I'd take 2 or 3 years of stability under Moyes at this point in the hope that we can get a clear-out behind the scenes and work to build from there. We hit the lotto once and we didn't/couldn't capitalise on it for long-term growth, I think we need a different approach.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

I get where you're coming from, but if we do take a gamble on somebody who turns out to be the second coming of Pep, we won't be able to keep a hold of them with the way we're ran and then we're back to square one. I mean hell, Maresca is a slightly above-average Pep impersonator and he's getting poached after one good season. I'd take 2 or 3 years of stability under Moyes at this point in the hope that we can get a clear-out behind the scenes and work to build from there. We hit the lotto once and we didn't/couldn't capitalise on it for long-term growth, I think we need a different approach.

Yeah I’m probably in the minority. It’s a heart decision not a head one. I’d rather risk a great high or a great low than averageness. Like I’d rather take an FA Cup win and a relegation than a 10th place finish. But I fully understand wanting Moyes. He’s a solid choice and actually seems a decent guy. I liked him a lot back in his Everton days. I’m just a let’s go out in a blaze of glory type person. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If Cooper is interviewed, I think he will come across pretty well. Could well be the decider.

Honestly think it’ll be an Enzo style appointment, out of the box 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If Cooper is interviewed by a blind person, I think he will come across pretty well. Could well be the decider.

Amended for you

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Tanner said the board want to maintain the progressive, possession-based style of football so there is a long-term approach at the club. 

So doesn't sound like Moyes would be an option. 

We simply have to, really. This season was going to be hard enough as it was, attempting to slip styles now would be risky. Not only that, but if we have been scouting for a load of highly technical players, there is no point suddenly getting a coach who may want a different profile of players.

Whilst I didn't feel much about him going, it has well and truly screwed us up, considering we'd have spent the last 6 months basing most decisions around what he wants.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

The stuff about Cooper’s looks is so boring and unfunny. Embarrassing to read. 

Thanks for the feedback Steve.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingpower said:

For anyone championing Michael Carrick, he's just signed a new contract at Middlesbrough, so we can cross him off the list

Don’t think there’s any danger of that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

It's interesting that opinion seems so overwhelmingly negative about the prospect of it being Cooper. I always think it's useful to take note of how potential managers are regarded at their former clubs. As far as I can tell, Cooper is still held in very high regard at Swansea and Forest, and was apparently very well-thought of for his work in the England youth set-up. I just have this weird feeling that if it does end up being him, he might be one of those managers whose arrival is treated negatively by the fans but who goes on to become a bit of a legend.

With respect the expectations of Forest and Swansea were somewhat different. The promotion was probably somewhat momentum, but Forest played some truely disgusting football.

Peter Taylor was also well thought of in the England under 21s. 

• Like 1