Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Carlos Cuesta?

Who is Carlos Cuesta? The 28-year-old who never played professionally - who could land HUGE Premier League job | FourFourTwo

Would be a gamble but if it pays off, we have the next manager to be raided by the Top 6 again.

I'm definitely not old enough to have a Leicester manager who's younger than me. Not having it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Don't get the Cooper snideness at all. It's where we're at and it could be worse, in my opinion. Find the personal nastiness about him quite troubling too. 

For me it all hinges on how he would approach the role and how he want to set up, and our vision etc, and we won't hear any of that until an appointment is made.  He played some honking stuff at Forest, especially this season. However, you have to appreciate that he would be coming into a very different setup here. 

If he impresses our board then so be it, but i don't think he should be getting the job based on his PL experience.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah I’m not saying I’d be 100% against him. Just that on a personal level I’d prefer someone more exciting/risky. 

Yea I get it that’s fair enough - all opinions - the only one mentioned so far id take in front of him is potter - moyes is a solid second for me -

both of them have serious prem experience and would do a great job in my opinion - I really struggle with quite a few of the other suggestions 

• Like 1

Just now, K789 said:

I'd be happy enough with Cooper, moreso as his champ experience is second to none

ask yourself this though...... if we hire him, do you honestly think the hierarchy at the club would retain him in he got us relegated? I'm not sure most of the fan base would accept that. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

ask yourself this though...... if we hire him, do you honestly think the hierarchy at the club would retain him in he got us relegated? I'm not sure most of the fan base would accept that. 

I think that may depend on how many points we’re deducted this season. 

Edited by The_77
Typo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Yea I get it that’s fair enough - all opinions - the only one mentioned so far id take in front of him is potter - moyes is a solid second for me -

both of them have serious prem experience and would do a great job in my opinion - I really struggle with quite a few of the other suggestions 

If we end up with Moyes I’ll be meh but not unhappy and fully get behind him. Even Potter I’m not fully sold on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greg2607 said:

Depends if we went down on 37 points but was actually 45 points with an 8 point deduction. There might be enough goodwill that we were good enough for a mid table position without the deduction. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

3 seasons in the playoffs, losing 2 and winning 1 by an own goal?

The fact he was up there speaks for itself. That forest team was a disaster he took over and he had swansea playing well 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's partly on the fanbase. 

To be fair, Enzo did very little wrong until he left. A good 90% of the criticisms of him were stupid af. 

I'd love to know how those people think David ****ing Moyes would have made football in the Championship exciting and entertaining (let alone winning) when the vast majority of teams in the league saw us coming and immediately parked the bus in their own six yard box for ninety minutes. 

And then the same ****ing people would moan about "messing around at the back" when the very reason Mads, Winks and Vestergaard pass it around at the back is to try and draw the opponent out so that we CAN counter and they CAN have their exciting fast attacks. 

Honestly, it doesn't take a student of tactics to work out what's happening on the pitch half the time but a lot of people are still too dense to work it out. 

If only we were all as smart as you eh Finners.

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

I’d snap your arm off for a bang average league position next season 

Cooper wouldn’t keep us up imo, we are better off with Moyes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Don't get the Cooper hype. 

Also, it will become toxic quickly if things don't go well due to his past associations  

But on the flip side, it goes toxic anyway, so why worry?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's partly on the fanbase. 

To be fair, Enzo did very little wrong until he left. A good 90% of the criticisms of him were stupid af. 

I'd love to know how those people think David ****ing Moyes would have made football in the Championship exciting and entertaining (let alone winning) when the vast majority of teams in the league saw us coming and immediately parked the bus in their own six yard box for ninety minutes. 

And then the same ****ing people would moan about "messing around at the back" when the very reason Mads, Winks and Vestergaard pass it around at the back is to try and draw the opponent out so that we CAN counter and they CAN have their exciting fast attacks. 

Honestly, it doesn't take a student of tactics to work out what's happening on the pitch half the time but a lot of people are still too dense to work it out. 

I still can't get my head around it, but then I suppose i enjoyed more Enzo games than I disliked. Our drop in form was a horrible period, but I all the top teams in the Championship suffered similar fate over around that time.  Liverpool had a horrible start to the 2022 season - it happens. What matters is how you come out the other side, which we did better than anyone else.

There was a culture of waiting for him to mess up, both on the pitch and in his interviews. Every team has period of bad form, and we were banding around phrases like they were quick fixes (plan b's, just chuck 2 up top, play overlapping fullbacks) - all are valid, but not necessarily solutions.  As soon as it wasn't always working for us, everything else all of a sudden became the 'right answer'. When it started working again, it was the players all of a sudden and the manager didn't deserve credit.

Thing that really bugs me though - is the people saying 'i don't care how we win the league - just go and do it'. Then those people whinge about everything and anything!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Don't get the Cooper hype. 

Also, it will become toxic quickly if things don't go well due to his past associations  

As far as i can tell, there is no hype at all. More a resignation that its the sort of appointment we are likely to make. I'm still very unsure and would hope the club think about it very carefully. 

Brighton fans cracking me up, saying that rumours of Cooper are making them fall in love with Potter again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Cooper wouldn’t keep us up imo, we are better off with Moyes.

I'm 50 50 on this.

Cooper could really be the right type of character to really build a fighting, backs to the wall siege mentality that we're going to need next season. But Moyes may be able to spot (and attract) better options of players to get into the squad.

• Like 2