Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 minutes ago, ForestAreMagic said:

Predictions if you get Cooper:

- you’ll win loads of home games including against some big clubs 

- you’ll get walloped in lots of away games

- you’ll stay up, endangering Forest in the process 

- you’ll feel conflicted about all of this because he hates the Leicester, he hates the Derby and he thinks Forest are magic 

He gets my vote then

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ForestAreMagic said:

- you’ll stay up 

- you’ll feel conflicted about all of this because he hates the Leicester, he hates the Derby and he thinks Forest are magic 

1_a0c51109cfc94dfacdf81c6e36914952.jpg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ForestAreMagic said:

- you’ll stay up, endangering Forest in the process 

take all of that, all day long

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

"There will be inevitable disappointment in the Leicester dressing room but, equally, some players will be unmoved.

"Maresca was so devoted to his philosophy that he could at times become stubborn and dogmatic. It was a meeting called by senior Leicester players towards the end of the season that helped them over the line."

I wonder which players will be feeling 'unmoved' today...?

The strikers probably wouldn't be all that fussed. The defenders that couldn't get a game too. 

I'd imagine the likes of KDH, Ndidi, Ricardo, Winks, Hermansen, Mavididi and Fatawu are the disappointed ones. I.e. Wingers, Midfielders and the keeper.

Reading Graham Potter is only interested in the Man Utd or England job but the guy needs to realise he hasn’t worked since Leaving Pond Scum Sucking Chelsea, he needs to realise that his reputation isn’t as good as it used to be and he’s been out of management for Far too long so he needs to stop dreaming get off his area and rebuild his reputation and management skills !!

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-potter-aiming-high-leicester-9319188?utm_source=leicestershire_live_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Leicestershire+Live+-+LCFC+Newsletter_newsletter&utm_content=&utm_term=&ruid=08226e85-d17e-4175-8d63-68b8d82d0de3

• Like 1

With our financial constraints I wonder if we'll have to set our sights a little lower.  Perhaps Neil Warnock is looking to cross us off the list of teams he hasn't managed yet.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

The best candidate for me, but given that it's not just Corberan we need but an entire new backroom staff, I can see the expenses being a real issue.

The club are likely going to be in a position that even if we get relegated we have to stick with the next manager we appoint, so the choice is crucial.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The best candidate for me, but given that it's not just Corberan we need but an entire new backroom staff, I can see the expenses being a real issue.

The club are likely going to be in a position that even if we get relegated we have to stick with the next manager we appoint, so the choice is crucial.

That’s why Corberan makes the most sense. He’s proven himself at championship level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

That’s why Corberan makes the most sense. He’s proven himself at championship level.

The thing is Copper also fits that criteria and has no fee. If he hadn't previously managed Forest, I think the deal would already have been done!

Corberan for me has the edge because he's shown with nothing to spend he can still get results. WBA only had loan players last season and arguably their most important player in Dike was out all year. They even lost Sarmiento halfway through to get sent on loan to Ipswich. Despite that he still got to the play-offs, and that's the second time he's done it. From a purely tactical / coaching point of view, he out thought Enzo twice last season, even though he got zero points.

Cooper perfomed a miracle with Forest, but their owner was bankrolling them even in the Championship.

47 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Reading Graham Potter is only interested in the Man Utd or England job

Yeah me too. I won't get out of bed for anything less tbh

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Potter thinks he better than he is , he's a average manager that didn't even do that good of job at Brighton to warrant the praise he got ..

Bit like Enzo but English 

Edited by em9999

10 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Proven in what sense? reaching the playoffs isn't proven imo.

11 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

But then cooper would make more sense because he’s actually got a club promoted, corberan hasn’t. 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, sphericalfox said:

I'm afraid we cannot allow a manager who looks like a Toby mug to maintain our safety in the Prem, especially one who managed them

Tsssk

It’s a Toby ‘jug’

You need to watch more real deal, Spherical

👍

Corberan seems to be the flavour of the month but he is a bog standard manager, we are better off going for someone experienced that would keep us up, and build again in the short-medium term.