Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Just give it Copper and be done with it. Anyone who can get Forest promoted from where they were must be a certified genius. He's pragmatic and changes his position on what needs to be done with the challenge in front of him. 

?

IMG_5115.jpeg

Just now, Finn Claw II said:

Super Cooper.  Feeling he’s our number one.

I hope not, it will be Potter for the umpteen time but he doesn't want to manage us. We need to go for Moyes.

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Corberan seems to be the flavour of the month but he is a bog standard manager, we are better off going for someone experienced that would keep us up, and build again in the short-medium term.

How have you worked that out?

- Overachieved at two basket case clubs with zero resources

- Learned from the absolute BEST in terms of meticulously studying opposition teams

- Gone about his progression in the right way at the right level (despite being approached with bigger offers)

• Like 4

Just now, AjcW said:

How have you worked that out?

- Overachieved at two basket case clubs with zero resources

- Learned from the absolute BEST in terms of meticulously studying opposition teams

- Gone about his progression in the right way at the right level (despite being approached with bigger offers)

I don't think he is a bad manager, but for us we need someone more equipped at this level.

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Incoming appointment will be made in August.

1. Who says?

2. That’s far too late

(Unless you were being ironic, in which case… 👍)

1 hour ago, ForestAreMagic said:

Predictions if you get Cooper:

- you’ll win loads of home games including against some big clubs 

- you’ll get walloped in lots of away games

- you’ll stay up, endangering Forest in the process 

- you’ll feel conflicted about all of this because he hates the Leicester, he hates the Derby and he thinks Forest are magic 

Really, really hope it is not him. His style of play can barely be described as football from his time in the PL.

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

1. Who says?

2. That’s far too late

(Unless you were being ironic, in which case… 👍)

Just assuming that's how it will be as we are such a shambolic sh*tshow behind the scenes and everything always seems so lackadaisical these days.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

That's partly on the fanbase. 

To be fair, Enzo did very little wrong until he left. A good 90% of the criticisms of him were stupid af. 

I'd love to know how those people think David ****ing Moyes would have made football in the Championship exciting and entertaining (let alone winning) when the vast majority of teams in the league saw us coming and immediately parked the bus in their own six yard box for ninety minutes. 

And then the same ****ing people would moan about "messing around at the back" when the very reason Mads, Winks and Vestergaard pass it around at the back is to try and draw the opponent out so that we CAN counter and they CAN have their exciting fast attacks. 

Honestly, it doesn't take a student of tactics to work out what's happening on the pitch half the time but a lot of people are still too dense to work it out. 

Yes I thought Enzo did what was asked.  It now seems the accepted way to play football is the possession game if you wish to be successful. Most teams in the PL now play for possession even if they end up in the bottom three, as Burnley did. I think now that is the fashionable way and most successful teams are doing it, the difference between teams, apart from the quality of players, comes down to energy and the dynamics of the speed of play.

My only criticism of Enzo was not the style but that there was rarely a change of pace. When we played Chelsea in the cup the difference in the way they changed the speed of play throughout the match and we were always one paced was why they won the match.

Given the state of our directors, we won’t be appointing anyone till late July/early August at the earliest imo. 
They’ve probably been begging Enzo not to leave for the past 2 weeks hence the passive aggressive statement today and won’t have any idea of who we can afford to bring in (plus backroom staff) till the accounts are finalised at the end of this month.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Izzet is God said:

Given the state of our directors, we won’t be appointing anyone till late July/early August at the earliest imo. 
They’ve probably been begging Enzo not to leave for the past 2 weeks hence the passive aggressive statement today and won’t have any idea of who we can afford to bring in (plus backroom staff) till the accounts are finalised at the end of this month.

Its quite petrifying that this is the most plausible post of the day 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Izzet is God said:

Thomas Frank or Pochettino 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I admire the optimism that you believe Rudkin could hold a meaningful conversation with either of these two and convince them to be our manager 😂

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I don't think he is a bad manager, but for us we need someone more equipped at this level.

Leeds practically begged him to take the job when they sacked Marsch. 

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

This is going to be a long, drawn out process, isn't it?

Can't wait.

Yup, and it'll be a disappointment at the end. We're in this together takes a new meaning. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Izzet is God said:

I admire the optimism that you believe Rudkin could hold a meaningful conversation with either of these two and convince them to be our manager 😂

‘listen fellas, how would you like a relegation battle and a year in the championship with a fifteen point deduction and a transfer enbargo?

we will pay you handsomely next season though. Sorry but the following year you’ll have to take a relegation deduction though.’

yeah - I reckon they’ll be queuing up ……

Edited by st albans fox
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

No thanks to Frank. Another whiner and has also achieved nothing. Very lucky to have played in a weak Premier League again otherwise Brentford would be down. And I can't wait for the day they go down.

• Haha 1