Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

27 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

We’ve actually employed managers pretty well over the years. Granted they should’ve sacked that dickhead Rodgers a year before they did. 

Rodgers wouldn’t have been a bad appointment at all if we’d have been brave enough to sack him a year or two before we did. 

Somewhere we lost that ruthlessness that saw us sack Ranieri a year after winning the Premier League 

• Like 3

Just now, Jobyfox said:

Rodgers wouldn’t have been a bad appointment at all if we’d have been brave enough to sack him a year or two before we did. 

Somewhere we lost that ruthlessness that saw us sack Ranieri a year after winning the Premier League 

Well yeah and that’s because Vichai died

• Sad 3

41 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Let's be honest. We'll end up someone shite! What decent manager in the right mind would even want the job?

People said that 12 months ago.

One thing King Power have done since they bought us to find left-field management appointments that have generally worked (once the first few were out of the way).

Nobody had heard of Maresca this time last year.

I don't understand why people believe the appointment will be "crap" and "uninspiring"

Happens every time we're looking for a new manager, and the board have generally been excellent at finding the right managers. They've definitely had more hits than misses.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I don't understand why people believe the appointment will be "crap" and "uninspiring"

Happens every time we're looking for a new manager, and the board have generally been excellent at finding the right managers. They've definitely had more hits than misses.

Because it easier to be pleasantly surprised than to have your heart broken by John fvcking Rudkin and his sh!te mates. 

14 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

We seem to constantly flirt with crap and then come good. The last real flop was probably Sven! 

Cooper worked with a minimal coaching staff - Leicester would have to build that from scratch if yours have gone to Chelsea.  He had Steven Reid (now back at Forest under Nuno), Andy Reid (a beginner) and Alan Tate (another beginner really, fired with Cooper).  One of our biggest problems in our first season back was lack of coaching team. 

From Percy's article;

There will be inevitable disappointment in the Leicester dressing room but, equally, some players will be unmoved.

Maresca was so devoted to his philosophy that he could at times become stubborn and dogmatic. It was a meeting called by senior Leicester players towards the end of the season that helped them over the line.

Once again, I know who the dinosaurs are.

2 hours ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Whether you think Cooper did a good or bad job with Forest (and the reality is that both are true at different times), the fact that he was so closely associated with the club we perceive as our main rival means he's surely not the right for us. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can't see fans getting behind him. 

I get what you’re saying but there’s just too many examples of it someone does well, we as a fan base get behind them.

Collymore

Gary Mills

O’neil

Parker

Morgan 

I mean we all hate Gary Megson but otherwise there’s two City captains in that list who were Forest  “greats”.

Listening to Tanner on a LTID podcast, he seemed pretty sure the club wanted to follow the football Enzo played, and the manager would be picked on that.

Not sure what he meant by that, whether possession based football, or as far as inverted full backs, ut that being said, is Cooper that type of manager?

• Sad 1

I’m really split on whether or not I want Cooper. Of those in the running either Corberan or Van Nistelrooy I’d be happy with. Still think imo there are better options available abroad. Hope we at least go down that route. 

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

Because at the moment some seem to want to loathe the club in every way.

I think some fans need to think about what made them fall in love with Leicester city, I think there’s a lot of fans who are so perplexed with what is going on behind the scenes, they’ve forgotten what it truly means to be a fan of the club. I don’t think you’ll find a set of fans this despondent after what has been an excellent season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

‘listen fellas, how would you like a relegation battle and a year in the championship with a fifteen point deduction and a transfer enbargo?

we will pay you handsomely next season though. Sorry but the following year you’ll have to take a relegation deduction though.’

yeah - I reckon they’ll be queuing up ……

Think there'll be some very attractive release clauses in new signings contracts should we go down.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Think there'll be some very attractive release clauses in new signings contracts should we go down.

Release clauses ? 
Reckon we’ve  chucked away close to a hundred million quid by not allowing release clauses in contracts - yeah hindsight is great but our policy has never sat right with me on this. Encourages players to see out their deals by driving them into their final year. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Release clauses ? 
Reckon we’ve  chucked away close to a hundred million quid by not allowing release clauses in contracts - yeah hindsight is great but our policy has never sat right with me on this. Encourages players to see out their deals by driving them into their final year. 

Yeah, I think we might have to cave in on some very low release clauses (without making a loss for PSR) in the event of relegation to convince players to join us.

This would mean we're probably limited to paying a max of £10-15m for a player with a release clause of 80% of that if we go down next season.

25 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Listening to Tanner on a LTID podcast, he seemed pretty sure the club wanted to follow the football Enzo played, and the manager would be picked on that.

Not sure what he meant by that, whether possession based football, or as far as inverted full backs, ut that being said, is Cooper that type of manager?

It will be specifically possession based “attractive” football, the board won’t be so specific as to insist we play inverted full backs.

As for Cooper, Forest were very attacking in the Championship with fullbacks like Jed Spence chipping in loads of goals, but in the Prem against big teams he tended to sit back and barely attack. That said, he achieved his goals and Nuno hardly did better with the same squad.

Just now, Tuna said:

Still, could be worse:

Been listening to Undr The Cosh podcast a lot which interviews ex players, everyone one who has been on (that I’ve heard) who played under him raves about how good a coach/manager he is.

It should be said that not every manager will view the situation as bad as some are on here. 

Maresca’s taken an equally as risky and hopeless job in my opinion. Because his best might never be enough, and he could end up out of Chelsea as quickly as he got in…… but because he benefits him financially it’s seen a better challenge that this? 

Everyone is aware that things will be tough next season, but there’s a couple of things to remember. One, we will be able to sign players, there will be an ability to do this….. two, don’t believe everything printed in the media, we won’t be getting deducted 15 points……. The deduction in reality will be 8 or less, I’d take 8 and still be confident under the right management that we could stay up…..

But back to the challenge, this would be a great challenge for any manager…. Because essentially we’ve been written off by everyone, including some of our own fans….. so the pressure is off then? If we end up in a relegation battle it doesn’t really matter as it won’t be a shock to many, so just imagine what it will do for a managers career if they keep us up, in what people are suggesting is already an impossible task? 

Never, we’ve already done the impossible, and I stand by my views, we get the right man in, are shrewd in the market, we have more than enough to stay up. 

So, yes, I still think that this is a good role for a manager. 

• Like 2