Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

32 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Listening to Tanner on a LTID podcast, he seemed pretty sure the club wanted to follow the football Enzo played, and the manager would be picked on that.

Not sure what he meant by that, whether possession based football, or as far as inverted full backs, ut that being said, is Cooper that type of manager?

Will just be another possession based manager. Whoever gets in front of the owner first and says "I'll play like Man City" will get the job.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

I don't understand why people believe the appointment will be "crap" and "uninspiring"

Happens every time we're looking for a new manager, and the board have generally been excellent at finding the right managers. They've definitely had more hits than misses.

Not to mention virtually every single great player we have had in the last 25 years wasn't fancied and ridiculed at some point early on. 

35 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Listening to Tanner on a LTID podcast, he seemed pretty sure the club wanted to follow the football Enzo played, and the manager would be picked on that.

Not sure what he meant by that, whether possession based football, or as far as inverted full backs, ut that being said, is Cooper that type of manager?

They’ve been high on possession based football for three managers in a row. If that’s the idea of the long-term vision mentioned in the statement today, then someone with similar traits to Enzo is highly likely. 

The likes of Cooper & Moyes don’t really fit the bill. 

Corberan isn’t possession heavy, but he has certain traits the board will probably like. Van Nistelrooy will probably be high on the list too. 

If it’s not one of those two, then they’ll probably go the easy route for Oscar Garcia, or someone completely left field like Cuesta, Rydstrom or Heitinga. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kingfox said:

They’ve been high on possession based football for three managers in a row. If that’s the idea of the long-term vision mentioned in the statement today, then someone with similar traits to Enzo is highly likely. 

Corberan isn’t possession heavy, but he has certain traits the board will probably like. Van Nistelrooy will probably be high on the list too. 

If it’s not one of those two, then they’ll probably go the easy route for Oscar Garcia, or someone completely left field like Cuesta, Rydstrom or Heitinga. 

It's very difficult to play possession based football in the prem as your time on the ball is less, and if you lose it the penalty is often more severe. Perhaps Top should interview with an open mind and ask experienced managers what he thinks it will take to survive, and save our ideology of perfect football for later 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, kingfox said:

@kingfoxHadn't heard of Rydstrom but having read about him, makes a lot of sense as a potential option. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Shaun the fox 1 said:

Give it to vardy as player manager 

Just in case Rudkin is trawling for ideas (which wouldn’t surprise me, the clueless clown) this is entirely a humorous post….

DO NOT MAKE IT YOUR VISION!! 

Edited by 5waller5
Spelt clown wrong. Ironic!

Here is my shortlist for what it's worth:

Carlos Corberan

Graham Potter

Rudi Garcia

Maurizio Sarri

These should all be realistic, and all of these options suit us and our "philosophy" in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It's very difficult to play possession based football in the prem as your time on the ball is less, and if you lose it the penalty is often more severe. Perhaps Top should interview with an open mind and ask experienced managers what he thinks it will take to survive, and save our ideology of perfect football for later 

With the situation we find ourselves in, it’s easy to see why some are sceptical on whether possession football should be our long-term vision. 

But as I said, we’ve had three permanent managers in a row who’ve played that way. Deviating away from this possession vision would be quite surprising imo, especially as an “Enzo” type way is the route they seem set on. Just look at the pattern of Brighton for example, we’ve been very much a carbon copy of their identity since 2017. 

Does the board want to create more potential upheaval, by completely going down a different route that the players aren’t used to. You also have to take into account the behind the scenes work, recruitment especially, and what type targets they’ve identified for this summer. 

We need a smooth transition as possible, another manager who’s main aim is possession, but also has the ability to be more flexible than Maresca, is the recipe for the perfect candidate imo. 

28 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

@kingfoxHadn't heard of Rydstrom but having read about him, makes a lot of sense as a potential option. 

Has been rumoured to be on Brighton’s radar. 

And as I touched on above, if the long-term vision is a possession based system, then someone like Rydstrom would be ideal 👍🏻

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Here is my shortlist for what it's worth:

Carlos Corberan

Graham Potter

Rudi Garcia

Maurizio Sarri

These should all be realistic, and all of these options suit us and our "philosophy" in my opinion.

You think? 

corberan is the only one on that list who calls rudkin straight back 

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Think the club will 'play it safe' and hire someone with strong knowledge of the Premier League.

They’ve shown they are happy to take risks before … I think they’ll do it again. They seem obsessed with possession based football. 

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

They’ve shown they are happy to take risks before … I think they’ll do it again. They seem obsessed with possession based football. 

Thing is, you can’t be any good at possession based football unless you’ve got money to throw at it for players, we are brassic

• Like 1

No idea who fits them but my requirements, think they're pretty achievable;

Not a smug/smarmy cvnt like Rodgers

Not going to stand for players fannying about on podcasts or giving thinly veiled 'come & get me' quotes

Able to change a game with subs

Able to call out Rudders and the other BTS jokers (it can't be just him)

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Thing is, you can’t be any good at possession based football unless you’ve got money to throw at it for players, we are brassic

Well that’s a sensible and logical way to look at it … unfortunately our board don’t agree 

One of the big reservations I have with Moyes is that for the whole of his (current) West Ham stint, he hasn't been able to get a tune out of a striker if their name isn't Michail Antonio. Sebastian Haller and Gianluca Scamacca are quality forwards but he didn't know how to use them. And that's something I fear would carry over to us - Would Vardy have a wasted final PL season and be better served retiring this summer or leaving? Would Daka continue to be Daka? Would Cannon remain unused? Would he demand the signing of a striker he claims checks all of his boxes and suits his style of play perfectly, only to leave him on the bench?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You think? 

corberan is the only one on that list who calls rudkin straight back 

Absolutely. Leicester is a big football club, so I'm confident about all of my options, and they're all we've got in my opinion because the options that I didn't mention are all underwhelming.

Criteria: No compensation needed

.               Able to survive in the PL

.               Capable of getting team promoted, if relegated.

.               Good man management skills

.               Would be relatively cheap 

.               Leicester fan

.               =  Nigel Pearson

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, enmac said:

Criteria: No compensation needed

.               Able to survive in the PL

.               Capable of getting team promoted, if relegated.

.               Good man management skills

.               Would be relatively cheap 

.               Leicester fan

.               =  Nigel Pearson

Plus Esteban as his assistant- numerous contacts in Argentina and Italy for optimal loan deals 😃