Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

23 minutes ago, Mintomatt said:

Cooper Fav this morning 10/11

A whole £27 has been matched at the betfair exchange on this market, which shows me that the bookies aren't even bother the lay bets to balance their books.  Suggests to me that noone knows anything really.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AlexFT said:

It's obviously not popular to post this with his Forest connection, but Cooper does come across as a decent, likeable guy to me.

Ironically Steve Cooper is Keith Coopers son would be a interesting choice former referee in the 90s always shocking refing Leicester almost seemed like he had a problem with us even got Birch done after a notorious Monday night game Cov game 94!

• Like 1

You don’t think. Like. We’ve not even got a new manger close yet. Even though we’ve known Enzo was leaving for a while. Like. You don’t like, think we didn’t even think about it until the last minute? Like. Our board wouldn’t do that right? Like not have a contingency? Like. That would be unprofessional right? We wouldn’t be scrabbling around in the dark at the last minute would we? We’re better than that right?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

You don’t think. Like. We’ve not even got a new manger close yet. Even though we’ve known Enzo was leaving for a while. Like. You don’t like, think we didn’t even think about it until the last minute? Like. Our board wouldn’t do that right? Like not have a contingency? Like. That would be unprofessional right? We wouldn’t be scrabbling around in the dark at the last minute would we? We’re better than that right?

Did you post that with voice to text?

35 minutes ago, trooky said:

Whoever we appoint, and whatever tactical approach they favour we need to get behind the manager because it's going to be a real dog fight to stay in the PL this season.

It wouldn't be realistic for fans to start demanding we sack them if we're still bottom in January either, because if we survive it will be a bigger achievement than the great escape.

Our fans couldn't get behind our manager when we were top of the Championship, had most wins, scored most goals, conceded fewest goals, had best goal difference etc etc. Not sure whats going to change now. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sergio Conceicao has left Porto. 

Ambitious option... 

Met a bloke at work yesterday who said he was going on holiday to Porto this weekend. Haven’t quite figured out what the link is yet, but I don’t believe in coincidences so there might be something in this.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Don’t care what he looks like or who he’s previously managed, if the scrote faced man can get us to 40pts with minimal fuss for the next few seasons whilst we sort the finances out, he’ll do for me

Edited by S1DDO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Can we please, please, get like a pinned locked post in the forum saying the odds on next managers don't mean a ****ing thing and please stop over reacting to them. 

Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being a manager not even on the list. There's no chance of it being Cooper or Moyes, we'd probably have already hired them if it was. 

Every manager we've recruited since Shakespeare has played possession based football, the club has repeatedly said it wants to play possession based football, we just hired a relatively unknown assistant manager from more or less obscurity. We're far more likely to do that again than recruit David Moyes or Steve Cooper who do not play possession based football. 

£27 matched on Betfair in this market, with nothing matched on Cooper. Betwillypuller.com puts Cooper on 5/2 because Wimsey put a £5 bet on Cooper. Forum goes into meltdown.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, S1DDO said:

Don’t care what he looks like or who he’s previously managed, if the scrote faced man can get us to 40pts with minimal fuss for the next few seasons whilst we sort the finances out, he’ll do for me

The PL is dog shit, you don't need 40 points. 

I reckon we should save some more money and get someone who can get 35 points

Taking the next two weeks to find the perfect candidate still gives the new man a full two weeks of prep before the players are back for pre-season.

No need to rush just yet, but they have probably already had ~2 weeks to draw up a list and sound out agents. Process should be well underway.

...if they're competent of course...

• Like 1